PDA

View Full Version : The moderator simulator by Modsim/Mistyeye [IMPORTANT]

CodeSky
03-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Maybe you know or not but Modsim/Mistyeye made a "moderator simulator" but it is a RAT , don't install it! Istolen got ratted by it.

Just warning you guys because the idea seems cool and people would want to download it....

PiZaHuTt
03-24-2016, 03:50 PM
If any of you have Discord,go into jairrocket's server of proof MistEye was a scammer. He is UxQ, who made another one of these but was a Growtopia Outfitter.

rj0809
03-24-2016, 03:51 PM
seriously dont download it, not even worth wasting your time on. mod simulator is not worth it, download it = get everything on your pc. it includes your steam wallet, paypal, etc.

ImAPogo
03-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Im glad I dont have laptop/pc/computer tho.

Too many risky dowbloads.

michaelhans10
03-24-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm glad i didn't downloads mods simulator cause it not worth at all. Better beastly calculator is more worth

PiZaHuTt
03-24-2016, 04:17 PM
This is seriously messed up (the simulator)

YellowPepper
03-24-2016, 04:31 PM
I never thought ModSim would do this. Oh well...

michaelhans10
03-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Can someone link the thread?

In my thread there an info what is rat viruses.

zwacx
03-24-2016, 04:32 PM
I was at the website, but i thought i was so lame, and boring so i never downloaded it.

I never logged in to the thing where it says like " Only for importen person, you need to make an account."

Updated
03-24-2016, 04:34 PM
What a perfect time to get unbanned

PiZaHuTt
03-24-2016, 05:37 PM

It is not ModSim, it is MistyEye/UxQ. He made another one of these a while back.

Liammagoo
03-24-2016, 05:52 PM
Here's a fun fact, I believe that's a violation of the law both from gt's TOS and the data protection act(?) from real life. He could be severely punished with criminal offence.

michaelhans10
03-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Here's a fun fact, I believe that's a violation of the law both from gt's TOS and the data protection act(?) from real life. He could be severely punished with criminal offence.

I agree with your statement bro:)

Tonsy
03-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Wait, ModSims, outfitter was a virus? Did i get a virus just for using site or did i need to download to get virus. Oh noes. :prophet:

From what I know, people who visited didn't get ratted. You had to download it for it to happen.

PiZaHuTt
03-24-2016, 07:43 PM
From what I know, people who visited didn't get ratted. You had to download it for it to happen.

Yea. Not many people downloaded it, I think.

Liammagoo
03-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Good luck trying to get that to happen. Police don't know how to do anything except email them "want 2 meet up irl fellow citizen", that's assuming they choose to do anything about it

Edit: his rtsoft profile thing says he's USA. Anyone know his Skype or other means of connection? Get ip> info snipe / social engineering >have address and parent contact >pizza land the home
Djcassio said he talked to him through Skype so he has one for sure

I believe they have the power to track down someone from their device used... Or was that a higher state of authority?

ElectroDream
03-24-2016, 09:45 PM

Those were my exact thoughts... Well, glad I didn't do it, anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck trying to get that to happen. Police don't know how to do anything except email them "want 2 meet up irl fellow citizen", that's assuming they choose to do anything about it

Edit: his rtsoft profile thing says he's USA. Anyone know his Skype or other means of connection? Get ip> info snipe / social engineering >have address and parent contact >pizza land the home
Djcassio said he talked to him through Skype so he has one for sure

Well, his skype is */MistyEye\* . Just digged in his threads. Good luck for anyone trying to do it...

Source: http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?306880-Growtopia-Mod-Sim-UPDATES!!!!

Dean Ambrose
03-24-2016, 09:54 PM
He did scam. He earned 7 DLs. His Diamond Locks are at display at MISTYEEYE. Some random guy came and donated 7 DLs, I guess that's where all those came from. Now he has 13. Desperate mofo.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: HE MUST OF HAVE GOTTEN RID OF THE WORLD, IT WAS THERE THE LAST 24 HOURS. EITHER NAME SWITCHED OR WHATNOT. (sorry for caps)

genpasaporte922
03-24-2016, 10:13 PM
He's violated the GT's Terms of Services.

Statement below:

Logically, creating a malicious virus should be illegal. In reality, a law must exist before it can be broken and enforced. The US Patriot Act (sec 814) offers punishment for those who damage or gain unauthorized access to a protected computer, causing financial or medical damages.

Lain
03-24-2016, 11:46 PM
Anybody want to give me some proof that there is a RAT in moderator simulator?
My nephew downloaded that **** on my laptop that I got for him. Want to make sure nothing happens.

CodeSky
03-25-2016, 12:06 AM
He confessed it accidently in Growtopia when me ans IStolen were talking to him. It's a rat long as he just doesn't connect to your computer then you're safe but if he wants he can control your computer..it was a rat 100%

Lain
03-25-2016, 12:11 AM
He confessed it accidently in Growtopia when me ans IStolen were talking to him. It's a rat long as he just doesn't connect to your computer then you're safe but if he wants he can control your computer..it was a rat 100%

How did he confess? I just ran an AVG scan along with several other antiviruses, and got no hits besides one piece of adware that's unrelated.

genpasaporte922
03-25-2016, 12:19 AM
How did he confess? I just ran an AVG scan along with several other antiviruses, and got no hits besides one piece of adware that's unrelated.

It's encrypted. Scans won't detect that.

Lain
03-25-2016, 12:32 AM
It's encrypted. Scans won't detect that.

I've already deleted all of the program's files and deleted the installer. If it was a RAT it would have a program running in the background. Wouldn't a scan detect that?

XDCorez
03-25-2016, 01:12 AM
I've already deleted all of the program's files and deleted the installer. If it was a RAT it would have a program running in the background. Wouldn't a scan detect that?

You should detect if a RAT is running without scanning. Go to program files and see if there's any malicious programs/programs that you don't remember ever installing.
Or check task manager for suspicious programs.
If you don't see anything suspicious then you don't have a RAT.
Not TL;DR version

Best solution
Josh Brumpton July 12, 2013 11:29:43 PM
1) Firstly an extremely easy way to tell if you've been ratted is to go to your folder options, and uncheck hide protected operating system files and show hidden files and folders. Then go to your C drive and if there is any folder called WinUpdate, that is a rat. In addition to that, go to your appdata root, roaming and all other folders in your appdata. If you find any files or folder that look like they belong to your system like windows defender or anything like that, those are all rats.

2) Secondly, you may open your process list by holding control alt delete, and open your task manager. Check the box or click show processes from all users. Look for any double processes, most commonly winlogon, windefender, and winupdate are doubles, if so look for the one that is not controlled by the system, but instead look for the one that has your username under user. Also, if the process has a randomized description and you don't recognize the process, it is most likely a rat. To find the location, right click it and press open file location.

3) How to Remove. Before you start ending processes, deleting files, please read this to prevent damage to your computer. If you end the process or delete the file, it may not let you, or you'll get a blue screen and your system will crash. To fix this, hold your power button until your computer shuts off. Start up again and boot into safe mode. From here go to the file location you discovered from the process list or wherever you found it. From there, you can safely delete it. After or before this, install and run malwarebytes on your system to ensure it is completely gone. Another thing you can do if it is not a sophisticated rat, you can simply create a new user and delete the other.

peck
03-25-2016, 01:18 AM

It depends what was used to make the rat. If it were dark comet or something of that time period, even Norton would get it.

If anything with modern crypters were used (which are harder to find) there is nothing you can do except wipe your drive.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they have the power to track down someone from their device used... Or was that a higher state of authority?

They can track phones, not ip addresses. However if they had an ip address they can simply ask the supporting ISP for their information, which you don't have to be a cop to do.

Lain
03-25-2016, 01:18 AM
You should detect if a RAT is running without scanning. Go to program files and see if there's any malicious programs/programs that you don't remember ever installing.

Already did that. Didn't see anything off about it. I'm just worried that the RAT is disguised as a legitimate process.

peck
03-25-2016, 01:23 AM

With a particular tool in mind, a rat can hide from task manager.

XDCorez
03-25-2016, 01:24 AM
Already did that. Didn't see anything off about it. I'm just worried that the RAT is disguised as a legitimate process.

Sometimes it is, mostly from cracks or pirated programs online.
You shouldn't have a RAT if you don't have Teamviewer installed (if you didn't install it yourself)
Or if you don't see a hidden file with the name of WinUpdate.

MyLegGuy
03-25-2016, 01:24 AM
He's violated the GT's Terms of Services.

Statement below:

Logically, creating a malicious virus should be illegal. In reality, a law must exist before it can be broken and enforced. The US Patriot Act (sec 814) offers punishment for those who damage or gain unauthorized access to a protected computer, causing financial or medical damages.
gregrehuiger
Research.

a computer—

(A) exclusively for the use of a financial institution or the United States Government, or, in the case of a computer not exclusively for such use, used by or for a financial institution or the United States Government and the conduct constituting the offense affects that use by or for the financial institution or the Government; or

(B) which is used in interstate or foreign commerce or communication, including a computer located outside the United States that is used in a manner that affects interstate or foreign commerce or communication of the United States.[2]

XDCorez
03-25-2016, 01:27 AM
With a particular tool in mind, a rat can hide from task manager.
^^^
If this happens, your last hope is to delete suspicious files and programs (be careful I saw in a website that if you force to delete the folders, you might get a Blue Screen instead which is 10x worst than a RAT)
Or just format and start over, don't backup as the RAT might be lingering in your backup drive after format.

Lain
03-25-2016, 01:35 AM
^^^
If this happens, your last hope is to delete suspicious files and programs (be careful I saw in a website that if you force to delete the folders, you might get a Blue Screen instead which is 10x worst than a RAT)
Or just format and start over, don't backup as the RAT might be lingering in your backup drive after format.

I was going to do this until I realized that there's no solid evidence that there's actually a RAT in the program. I'm just going to take the risk and leave it as it is. Maybe I'll open up ModSim in a VM and see what I can find

iStolen
03-25-2016, 07:08 AM
I was going to do this until I realized that there's no solid evidence that there's actually a RAT in the program. I'm just going to take the risk and leave it as it is. Maybe I'll open up ModSim in a VM and see what I can find

I'm going to do that as well. I also have MistyEyes current Skype

Porky Minch
03-25-2016, 02:50 PM
Resolve the skype.

Hippohello2
03-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Damn. This is why I only trust official stuff. Is it possible to rat an Ipad or any other type of mobile device?

PiZaHuTt
03-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Damn. This is why I only trust official stuff. Is it possible to rat an Ipad or any other type of mobile device?

It is REALLY hard for an iPad, but is easier for Androids. (to be hacked)

lsaac2
03-25-2016, 09:19 PM

Most likely no. Maybe rooted android, but I doubt it.

Kittens
03-25-2016, 09:40 PM
but is easier for Androids. (to be hacked)

is this a quote from an apple fanboy who has never tasted the android or legit

PiZaHuTt
03-25-2016, 11:19 PM
is this a quote from an apple fanboy who has never tasted the android or legit

I have both, but my Android gets random Click add things. So pls STFU. Thanks

Lain
03-25-2016, 11:42 PM

Did you download something on your Android? Popups don't appear randomly unless you've downloaded adware or haven't installed an adblocker on your browser.

SilversoulX
03-26-2016, 12:17 AM
I was about to download the thing, thanks for the warning!

JK I already know...
http://i.imgur.com/LaJ9Kmo.gif?noredirect

Rockytop
03-26-2016, 12:44 AM
Again, besides kids, who would be stupid to download it from a serf?

Kittens
03-26-2016, 11:37 AM

ads are normal if you have a crappy game where they appear every 10 seconds
having a ton of ads on your device rarely indicates a virus, so i still dont understand why you say androids can be easilier hacked

Hippohello2
03-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Again, besides kids, who would be stupid to download it from a serf?

I didn't really know Modsim. all I knew was that he had a good reputation.(keyword: HAD) with this fiasco, its going to be impossible to save whats left of his reputation, and it could possibly get him arrested.

FyDX
03-26-2016, 01:43 PM
:eek: Thats Make me Scared to Download anything Now on Google :( , Why They make some application to steal Peoples Data on Their PC :'( :nope: