PDA

View Full Version : is it worth teh struggz

Hippohello2
03-27-2016, 02:04 AM
I want to make my own laptop and I want to know if its worth it.
I have experience building lots of things ( Lego sets, Foosball games stuff like that) but never something techy. So what do I need to make a nice LAPTOP, not pc. i hate not being able to walk around.

xlightswitch
03-27-2016, 02:12 AM
you mean your own brand and software?? :0

lsaac2
03-27-2016, 02:21 AM
Lol, you can't make Laptops. You can make PC's, but not laptops.

If you need a laptop, the only way of getting one is to buy a pre-built.

Krustler
03-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Well, make a company, hire people and voila. Your own laptop. Brand : Hippohello2 Motto : HIPPOZ ARE GUUUD !

Invest
03-27-2016, 02:25 AM
FREE BUMMMP

craft3d
03-27-2016, 04:55 AM
Well, make a company, hire people and voila. Your own laptop. Brand : Hippohello2 Motto : HIPPOZ ARE GUUUD !

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/altf.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I have experience building lots of things ( Lego sets, Foosball games stuff like that) but never something techy. So what do I need to make a nice LAPTOP, not pc. i hate not being able to walk around.

So you can build a Lego Set and suddenly build a laptop. Dude you must be prodigy..

In all seriousness, sorry, but you cannot build a laptop. It is impossible right now and probably will be for the longest time for a multitude of reasons. You can look up even an image of a laptop and you can see how structurally intricate it is. It is a mere complexion to think that building a computer in general after using Lego Bricks makes you a PC Engineer.

If I were you, I'd watch some PC build guides on YouTube, or just go and find a laptop that suits you.

xlightswitch
03-27-2016, 05:42 AM
You guys are doubting his ability. He wouldn't make a thread to ask you if he should make a laptop if he does not know how to make one.

lolgal96
03-27-2016, 01:17 PM
i built my own computer and it works great.

Lionex01
03-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Yeah building a CPU is waaaaaay easier than a laptop. Don't think a laptop is possible without machines.

Aunos
03-27-2016, 01:25 PM
What kind of lego? Lego mindstorm(robotics)?

Hippohello2
03-27-2016, 01:58 PM
What kind of lego? Lego mindstorm(robotics)?

the mindstorms, yes. along with the technics.

Aunos
03-27-2016, 03:29 PM
the mindstorms, yes. along with the technics.

Ooooo

What mindstorm do u use?

NXT? Or the newer one?

Do u know programming?

Hippohello2
03-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Ooooo

What mindstorm do u use?

NXT? Or the newer one?

Do u know programming?
NXT, I program, usually attack bots, won a sumobot tournament 1st place with one a friend and I built.

TehPug
03-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Meybe werth building but 100% worth tehpuggg 👌

dancanban
03-27-2016, 05:02 PM
Meybe werth building but 100% worth tehpuggg 👌

saw your name
saw thread name
thought you didn't do this already
came to thread
saw your post
hates you now

worth teh puggzzzz

still fresh right?

RIGHT???

Lain
03-27-2016, 05:18 PM
There IS a way to 'build' a laptop. There are barebones laptops without the CPU installed. Those are pretty rare but they do exist. It isn't worth the struggle to get the barebones kit and find an old CPU for it though.

Hippohello2
03-27-2016, 06:41 PM
There IS a way to 'build' a laptop. There are barebones laptops without the CPU installed. Those are pretty rare but they do exist. It isn't worth the struggle to get the barebones kit and find an old CPU for it though.

YES! that was what i was talking about, i just need to know what type of materials and where I can get the barebone book thingy.

Brinx
03-27-2016, 06:54 PM

Hehe, PC = Portable Computer = Laptop

But anyways, yes it is worth the struggle! Lego sets and foosball games don't really have anything to do with building PC's BUT I assure you building isn't as hard as you think it is!
I've built my own gaming computer (Sadly not a laptop, I love my room.) and I don't know if it's different than a laptop, but it is worth the struggle. I can only help you out with a computer, not a laptop!
All the materials you need can be ordered online OR found at a shop, nearly any shop that involves technology.

The only way you could get help is try Googling it, I'd suggest YouTube more though. Up to you buddy and good luck! :hat:

just one growtopian
03-27-2016, 06:56 PM

PC stands for Personal Computer.

Playerdereclaim
03-27-2016, 08:03 PM

The only way to build a laptop is to take a basic computer and change out parts like new CPU and graphics cards. But, this can get very expensive.... it will take around 3,000

lsaac2
03-27-2016, 08:41 PM

But anyways, yes it is worth the struggle! Lego sets and foosball games don't really have anything to do with building PC's BUT I assure you building isn't as hard as you think it is!
I've built my own gaming computer (Sadly not a laptop, I love my room.) and I don't know if it's different than a laptop, but it is worth the struggle. I can only help you out with a computer, not a laptop!
All the materials you need can be ordered online OR found at a shop, nearly any shop that involves technology.

The only way you could get help is try Googling it, I'd suggest YouTube more though. Up to you buddy and good luck! :hat:

Do some research before you start typing it.

Aunos
03-27-2016, 11:33 PM
NXT, I program, usually attack bots, won a sumobot tournament 1st place with one a friend and I built.

Why only two of you? Shouldn't it be three people? Builder, programmer, helper

Hippohello2
03-28-2016, 12:22 AM
well it wasn't an official fight, but it was an all out free for all. like 8 bots and we drilled off other bots pieces. I'm signing up for sumo-bots in Maryland's science Olympiad team though.

peck
03-28-2016, 02:20 AM
Laptop parts are generally not available to public consumers.
Your best bet is buying a prebuilt and upgrading it (which you don't even have much room for that considering how proprietary laptops are).
But if you really want to just for the sake of assembling a laptop entirely: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/diy-laptop-whitebook,review-1286.html

craft3d
03-28-2016, 03:52 AM
Yeah building a CPU is waaaaaay easier than a laptop. Don't think a laptop is possible without machines.

CPU =/= Computer

Aunos
03-28-2016, 07:11 AM
well it wasn't an official fight, but it was an all out free for all. like 8 bots and we drilled off other bots pieces. I'm signing up for sumo-bots in Maryland's science Olympiad team though.

0.o

Nice nice nice

I kinda wanna join the Olympic battle stuff, but the Philippines is recently starting joining those and there's still few representatives. Most of the representatives aren't from my school ;-;

But I guess I kinda can qualify for builder.

Festivity
03-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Building a laptop is gonna be very hard y'know. You gotta have the base model, and then compatible parts for it.

Hippohello2
03-28-2016, 11:13 AM
well. getting a pre-built beats the entire purpose so I might as well make a pc. Probably, HOPEFULLY better than the piece of poop i'm using.