PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter and it's History

Tre
03-28-2016, 03:20 AM
"Easter was originally known as "Ashtar," a holiday ruled by the goddess Astaroth, who goes by many different names. This holiday coincides with the Vernal Equinox of spring when day and night are of equal length. Known as "Eastre" to the Anglo-Saxons. As the Goddess of fertility, she was associated with rabbits and eggs. Other names include: Easter, Eastre, Eos, Eostre, Ester, Estrus, (Estrus is when an animal goes into heat; mating season) Oestrus, Oistros, and Ostara."

This day has had a looong history. It was celebrated for thousands of years in festivals. Many ancient cultures would exchange eggs or hot cross buns.
Ever since Constantine decided to Christianize the Roman empire, the holiday completely changed, its meaning was twisted, and many people are unaware of Easter's pagan roots.

Happy Easter everyone, I hope that you all had a nice day.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/easter-bunny-meme-eggs.jpg

Punch
03-28-2016, 08:05 AM
This forums is extremely toxic, a quality thread goes downhill and useless spammy threads goes to the peak of Mt. Everest.

OP, didn't know that til' now, that meme cracked me up too. You're one of the forums MVP from what I've seen.