PDA

View Full Version : Taking my DMV test today! Need advice!

Croxi
03-28-2016, 05:36 PM
So today I'm taking my driver's permit test. I already have studied the rules of the road and whatever there is to learn. But still I don't feel confident that I will pass. Any tips? Thanks!

Also, do DMV written test differ from other states?. I live in Hawaii, USA.

Playerdereclaim
03-28-2016, 05:41 PM
So today I'm taking my driver's permit test. I already have studied the rules of the road and whatever there is to learn. But still I don't feel confident that I will pass. Any tips? Thanks!

Right is go.
Left is stop.

PiZaHuTt
03-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Go on red light, stop on green and hit the old ladies walking the street. :prophet:

dancanban
03-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Go on red light, stop on green and hit the old ladies walking the street. :prophet:

this guy is a genius

dancanban
03-28-2016, 05:50 PM
Squish the cats on the road. :prophet:

this guy is smarter than the last guy

cats are evil creatures

PiZaHuTt
03-28-2016, 05:52 PM
I go according to the law or do I now :3

Croxi
03-28-2016, 06:42 PM
... help:sweatdrop:

AlexKat
03-28-2016, 06:51 PM
... help:sweatdrop:

Dont listen to those foolish guys, but my advice is to get your mind off of it and relax. But you have to focus hard on the drivers test. Don't freak out too much or you will get out of control with the vehicle.

Croxi
03-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Dont listen to those foolish guys, but my advice is to get your mind off of it and relax. But you have to focus hard on the drivers test. Don't freak out too much or you will get out of control with the vehicle.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Playerdereclaim
03-28-2016, 06:59 PM
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
Noooo just gun the engine

mrthadawee
03-28-2016, 06:59 PM
Seeing as everyone else who posted in this thread are kids who can't even reach the clutch of a car, take my advice...

I physically cannot drive cars on the road due to certain mental and physical conditions (which I will not go into detail here) that prevent me from being able to legally drive... Why would you take my advice then?
Well I can drive a huge ass tractor (and operate linkage and trailer like a pro) and operate more or less every single piece of farm machinery known to man. Most of it is far more difficult and dangerous than your average car.
The rules and laws (at least in Britain) for tractor driving are more relaxed providing you're using it for farm work and NOT going on the road (if you want to take a tractor on the road. They consider it as a large HGV IIRC and thus you need to take tons of tests and use white diesel instead of red... Extra tax dammit!).
My one bit of advice for taking your driving test is this...
Stay frosty.
Just keep your cool, keep a level headed approach, you know the theory and you should be able to drive the car in question fine. Mistakes happen when you panic and overthink stuff. My friend almost once crashed a tractor full of livestock into a brick building because he was stressing about it although he's a safer tractor driver than I am (I have a thing for high gears and high revs).

Stay cool. Don't let that money you paid for the test go to waste. You can do this, repeat that mantra until it sinks into your brain... You can do it!
Just stay frosty!

PS: When I say I can't physically drive a car, what I mean is I can't drive a car in the eyes of the British Law who despite us having aggressive drivers everywhere, they deem the likes of me too "reckless" because of my impulsive and aggressive nature with plebians who can't indicate to save their gran's bleeding heart... Damn I hate British traffic!
PPS: Road rage

imustachyou
03-28-2016, 07:07 PM
My old piano teacher (grew up in Hawaii) told me about her driving test.

I remember her telling me that she had not prepared for the test at ALL.
The only preparation she said she took was reading a short paragraph on
parallel parking.

She passed.

AlexKat
03-28-2016, 07:09 PM
My old piano teacher (grew up in Hawaii) told me about her driving test.

I remember her telling me that she had not prepared for the test at ALL.
The only preparation she said she took was reading a short paragraph on
parallel parking.

She passed.

LMAOOOOOOOO made my day

|ThyLuigi|
03-28-2016, 10:24 PM
Did you pass?

Boomer
03-28-2016, 10:41 PM
PS: When I say I can't physically drive a car, what I mean is I can't drive a car in the eyes of the British Law who despite us having aggressive drivers everywhere, they deem the likes of me too "reckless" because of my impulsive and aggressive nature with plebians who can't indicate to save their gran's bleeding heart... Damn I hate British traffic!
PPS: Road rage

What calms me down is thinking how nice these people would taste in a big pot of soup. Then I get hungry. Then I forget all about the eradic driving and scan for a McDonalds.

Minecraftpee
03-28-2016, 11:56 PM
1. always have monthy or twice a month test on your lights.
2. Always have your side mirrors open unless parked.
3. NEVER EVER DOUBLE PARK. (unless says so or causing a discrace in shool roads)
4. JUST DO IT

peck
03-29-2016, 12:59 AM
Though you've likely already taken the test:

1. Realize that it's easy. Instructors grade your ability to do tasks, not necessarily how well you do it.
2. Aim to drive the speed limit -2.5. If the speed limit is 50 go 47.5
3. Pretend to be confident, persuade them that you can and are doing well.
4. Complete stops behind the line
5. If your car has a rear view camera don't use it, you will fail.

Failed? Do it another day, there's no limit to how many times you can take it.

Christopher
03-29-2016, 05:48 AM

They are different in a lot of states.