PDA

View Full Version : Question to mentally unstable people

l0l
03-29-2016, 07:32 PM
I have been wondering for a long time now, and decided that I could not find a better place to ask: Which anime should I watch?

I already started Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Pls no Naruto / AOT

Thanks

Mutch
03-29-2016, 07:32 PM
One piece?

GT_PIJUS
03-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Watch case closed, It only gets better at episode 490+ but trust me you'll get addicted to it.

^^^^^ This.

mrthadawee
03-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Watership Down is my favorite anime, it's about cute bunnies and is very kawaii :^)

it's actually probably more gruesome than any of the more gory "modern" animes that were designed to be edgy, Watership Down is just accurate to the average Rabbit life in the British countryside, I know because I've seen all that stuff IRL :^)

Jet
03-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Am I the only one who has never watched anime?

Eric Saad
03-29-2016, 07:42 PM
GRAVITY FALLS

Lain
03-29-2016, 07:42 PM
Madoka Magica (I swear it's not what it looks like. It's like the Evangelion of magical girls.)
A scene and a gif to convince you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqPntVlsN-k
Ghost in the Shell (Movie, 1995. You can watch GitS: Stand Alone Complex after.)
Serial Experiments Lain (really trippy, looks like it was written by somebody mentally unstable.)
Evangelion Rebuild (After End of Evangelion)
End of Evangelion (After NGE)
Psycho-Pass (not really trippy but it's great)
Perfect Blue (it's even harder to understand than evangelion)
Higurashi (kids get killed in this one)
Corpse Party (even more kids get killed in this one.)

Jet
03-29-2016, 07:43 PM
Whenever I see a thread like this I feel so left out. On the bright side at least I can live in cold 24/7 because I live in amazing UK where the sun is always a million miles away.

mrthadawee
03-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Whenever I see a thread like this I feel so left out. On the bright side at least I can live in cold 24/7 because I live in amazing UK where the sun is always a million miles away.
Hey, fellow Britbong, did you watch all those movies about rabbits on Channel 5 at Easter? :^)

ALL of them? :^) :^)

Jet
03-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Hey, fellow Britbong, did you watch all those movies about rabbits on Channel 5 at Easter? :^)

ALL of them? :^) :^)

I got to around 1 or 2 then I went to eat all my goodies.
(\_/)
('.')
(> <)

Best bunny ever!

AngelicVoice
03-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Brynhildr in the darkness :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4QE3E-v_M

Jet
03-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Brynhildr in the darkness :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4QE3E-v_M

I only just click on the link and skipped it a bit and all I see was face after face filled with blood.

AngelicVoice
03-29-2016, 08:03 PM
I only just click on the link and skipped it a bit and all I see was face after face filled with blood.

i know xD
but it's not about vampires or anything.
it has a great story, you didn't watch the whole episodes so i would understand how people will comment :p
you dont need to like it, but i love it imo. ^^

Magicalfishy
03-29-2016, 08:08 PM
One piece?

I LOVE YOU.

Yes, watch One Piece.

Or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (don't watch the original series, Brotherhood is much better.)

abt79
03-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Cory is in the house! Best anime ever. :prophet:

Absolute truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inSHJVtwUFs

Christopher
03-29-2016, 08:44 PM
I have been wondering for a long time now, and decided that I could not find a better place to ask: Which anime should I watch?

I already started Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Pls no Naruto / AOT

Thanks

Eww, just don't watch anime.

MyLegGuy
03-29-2016, 10:06 PM
GRAVITY FALLS

Not an anime.

legonerd
03-29-2016, 10:07 PM
Am I the only one who has never watched anime?

I hate anime it's disgusting so your not alone.

Tempting
03-29-2016, 10:42 PM
One Piece is pretty good if you like stretched out episodes (Lots of dialogue). You get used to the 1999 graphics, then they change eventually, so it's worth watching.

When They Cry (Horror)
ERASED (Mystery)
Ajin (Horror, Episode 12 is coming next week)
Osomatsu-San (Comedy; Characters are hard to keep a track of though)
Danganronpa (Horror [Sorta], Mystery)
Death Parade (Horror)
Kekkai Sensen (Action, Fantasy, Superpower, Supernatural; It's super random, but amazing)
Steins;Gate (Half Comedy, Half Drama, Supernatural)

Horror is a great genre.
(Other Horror stuff that I've watched: Another, Deadman Wonderland, Elfen Lied, Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte: The Maxim)

PS: For those who dislike anime, there is no reason whatsoever to say that it absolutely terrible. It's best to let people like me fangirl over my hobbies, so I'd prefer if pointless drama or annoying comments don't start.

PolarisHD
03-29-2016, 10:48 PM
Depends on what you're looking for like action, comedy, romance, etc. Though, I'd personally suggest the mainstream ones since they are famous for a reason.

Also, nice title. xD

|ThyLuigi|
03-29-2016, 10:54 PM
I like Fairy tale, the manga
It is still an anime though.

Jet
03-29-2016, 10:58 PM
Not an anime.
Who cares, it is still a good show.

Megazork
03-30-2016, 01:10 AM
Hey l0l, if you like NGE, I'd recommend you Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse. It's a good 24 episodes of the mecha, sci-fi, and action genres.

The animation is acceptable and the plot is very interesting to follow. They will toss in fanservice from time to time just to pander to "those" audiences but it's completely relevant to the story.

If you want, here's a plot synopsis for you.

Since 1973, an invasion of aliens upon Earth known as BETA has driven human civilization to destruction. In order to defend themselves from this enormous mass of enemy force, mankind has developed large humanoid arms called Tactical Surface Fighters and deployed them to its defense lines through out the world. However, its efforts could only slow down the impending defeat, and mankind has been forced to abandon the major areas of the Eurasian Continent. For 30 years, they have been caught in an endless war against BETA without any hopes of victory.

Now in 2001, Imperial Japan faces difficulties in the development of the next-generation of Tactical Surface Fighters (TSF) as it defends the front lines of the Far East. The UN has proposed a joint development program between Imperial Japan and the United States as a part of its TSF international mutual development unit, the Prominence Project.

Yui Takamura (a surface pilot of the Imperial Royal Guards of Japan) is given the responsibility of the project and sets off to Alaska. Meanwhile, Yuya Bridges, also a surface pilot of the US Army, heads to the same destination.

They never had any idea just how drastically their encounter would change their fates.

This story of internal dilemma takes place during the development of the new Tactical Surface Fighters, the most crucial and effective weapons against BETA. And this time, the stakes are much higher than a handful of lives and our sanity.

JerBoy
03-30-2016, 02:20 AM
I like Fairy tale, the manga
It is still an anime though.

You mean Fairy Tail?...

XDCorez
03-30-2016, 04:47 AM
Watch case closed, It only gets better at episode 490+ but trust me you'll get addicted to it.

I thought i was the only one who watch Detective Conan, but it made me feel better im not the only one.

l0l
03-30-2016, 05:10 AM
Thanks everyone for their reply!

PS. To the people who dont like anime:

Under any circumstances, do NOT go on imageboards and DO NOT watch even one episode of anime. The first time you may throw up, but after that you will feel a constant deisre to watch it.

GrowHits
03-30-2016, 05:23 AM
Tokyo Ghoul.

xlightswitch
03-30-2016, 07:16 AM
Eww, just don't watch anime.
how dare you
i watch adventure time and regular show
those 2 are my fav. anime
how
dare
youuuu

- - - Updated - - -

Under any circumstances, do NOT go on imageboards and DO NOT watch even one episode of anime. The first time you may throw up, but after that you will feel a constant deisre to watch it.
Constant desire? No, never worked for me.

Areodax
03-30-2016, 08:13 AM
If you like blood and violence, I guess Higurashi is a good one.

abt79
03-30-2016, 11:13 AM

I've lurked for more than five years and it's only made me more disgusted of every anime but the gem that is CitH

Prolly
03-30-2016, 11:19 AM
Negima!

Shugo Chara

Detective Conan

rj0809
03-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Clannad
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Assassination Classroom
Mirai nikki
Parasyte
Corpse party: tortured souls
Angel beats
Charlotte

l0l
03-30-2016, 07:08 PM
Depends on what you're looking for like action, comedy, romance, etc. Though, I'd personally suggest the mainstream ones since they are famous for a reason.

Also, nice title. xD

Well, I would prefer something pretty action packed, with humor and perhaps some relationships between characters. I like NGE in the sense that every character is double-sided, with their own personal insecurities and emotions hidden deep inside of them (at least that's what i think, i did not finish it yet), and the plot has a lot of small details which are worth paying attention to and be analyzed later, all mixed together with decent action scenes (pretty good for 1995) and some humor in every day life.

PolarisHD
03-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Well, I would prefer something pretty action packed, with humor and perhaps some relationships between characters. I like NGE in the sense that every character is double-sided, with their own personal insecurities and emotions hidden deep inside of them (at least that's what i think, i did not finish it yet), and the plot has a lot of small details which are worth paying attention to and be analyzed later, all mixed together with decent action scenes (pretty good for 1995) and some humor in every day life.

Idk if it exactly fits what you're looking for, but here are my recommendations based from what you just said:

Owari no Seraph
GATE:
Rokka no Yuusha
One Punch Man
Black Bullet
Durarara!!
Mirai Nikki
No Game No Life
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

This one doesn't have action, but I personally think that it almost fits about what you were saying about NGE: Gakkougurashi!

1001Conor
03-30-2016, 09:59 PM
Sword Art Online
best
anime
ever

Christopher
03-31-2016, 04:23 AM
Tokyo Ghoul.

Even though anime is trash, I agree with Tokyo Ghoul. I heard it's good.

Megazork
04-01-2016, 01:49 AM

You can't go wrong with Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse.

If you don't mind fuedal japan settings, try Utawarerumono. First season is great and plenty of action.

I'd also recommend Hellsing.

Also if you are one of those people that nitpick a lot on plot, don't watch SAO nor Asterisk War. It'll make you shake your head till it falls off (unless you are a filthy masochist)

SilversoulX
04-01-2016, 02:39 AM
Bleach and Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

l0l
04-02-2016, 08:27 PM
I just finished watching NGE... All i can say about that is

***?

I guess I'll have to watch EOE and the rebuild then. Thanks everyone for replying!