PDA

View Full Version : Do super moderators even read a thread before deleting it?!?

Frozenpotato_
03-31-2016, 12:31 AM
I made a thread about a huge prank that the developers should do on april 1st and it got deleted

I dont understand? I wasent in the wrong sub-forum nor was i talking about something not growtopia related

This is just frustrating
Also i dont know who deleted it to even pm him/her

I was talking about an in game prank Btw

Brinx
03-31-2016, 12:34 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!

I THINK YOU FOUND OUT THEIR ACTUAL PLAN!

DarkMazter
03-31-2016, 12:39 AM
If you were suggesting something that you may have thought of for the game, it belonged in Suggestion Box.
If you were discussing anything related to past updates, present updates or future updates it belonged in Update Discussions.

Frozenpotato_
03-31-2016, 12:42 AM
If you were suggesting something that you may have thought of for the game, it belonged in Suggestion Box.
If you were discussing anything related to past updates, present updates or future updates it belonged in Update Discussions.

I already know that
A prank is not an update its a freaking prank/troll/whatever

DarkMazter
03-31-2016, 12:45 AM
I already know that
A prank is not an update its a freaking prank/troll/whatever

The problem is, the way you stated your thread tells us your prank idea thread was a suggestion.

Frozenpotato_
03-31-2016, 12:50 AM
The problem is, the way you stated your thread tells us your prank idea thread was a suggestion.

seriously? Because I said "should" instead of "have to" "must" my whole thread gets deleted?

This forum isen't any fun anymore if everyone is this sensitive

DarkMazter
03-31-2016, 12:53 AM
seriously? Because I said "should" instead of "have to" "must" my whole thread gets deleted?

This forum isen't any fun anymore if everyone is this sensitive

That's not necessarily the case. Your thread was a discussion on the developers doing something for April 1st ingame. That does; in fact, belong to update discussions.

It is stated that threads will no longer be moved but are now deleted instead if misplaced. Although I don't like it that much, it is how it is.

Frozenpotato_
03-31-2016, 12:59 AM
That's not necessarily the case. Your thread was a discussion on the developers doing something for April 1st ingame. That does; in fact, belong to update discussions.

It is stated that threads will no longer be moved but are now deleted instead if misplaced. Although I don't like it that much, it is how it is.

The problem with deleting threads tho is that new forumers will be confused, because there is no explanation at all on what happened to their thread
So the new forumer would just cause more spam by creating the same thread or creating a thread like this one complaining
If I have a great idea and want to make a thread about it I don't sit there for 10 minutes thinking of the fine lines on where this thread should be... Quite annoying

Brinx
03-31-2016, 02:07 AM

I've posted a huge thread in the wrong section and it's gotten moved, not deleted. Hello?

He Obivously found out their plan..

TorBolt_
03-31-2016, 02:09 AM
I'm pretty sure they do, but they are allowed to delete a thread if it's misplaced In the wrong sub forum.
You said you were talking about in in-game prank, was it bashing another player or disrespectful?

AlexKat
03-31-2016, 02:10 AM
I've posted a huge thread in the wrong section and it's gotten moved, not deleted. Hello?

HAHAHAHAHA!

I THINK YOU FOUND OUT THEIR ACTUAL PLAN!

Agreed, I think it was in the right sub forum

Brinx
03-31-2016, 02:11 AM
It's confirmed guys, be aware on April 1 and don't rage about ANYTHING that's happened!

"It's just a prank bro." - Sam Pepper

NinjaPRO
03-31-2016, 02:19 AM
Sam Pepper

Noooo pls nooooo

Brinx
03-31-2016, 02:20 AM
Noooo pls nooooo

Do not worry my child, the prank is over. You're on camera.

Bruce Wayne
03-31-2016, 02:20 AM
Even if you really did find out about their "secret plans," they can't delete a thread randomly. I don't agree with the way of which they delete stuff, I've even had to ask Rush in Discord why my thread was deleted and he regrettedly told me. Deleting threads isn't as straight forward as it seems, I guess. They can still see threads after deletion, however. I would rather get an infraction than to have my threads deleted without anykind of warning, reason, or anything. So, if its possible, the mods should put more time into responsibly moderating instead of just seemingly random deletion.

I would try to get ahold of a mod, and if they don't tell you because they can't, well this forum doesn't have good mods.

SILC
03-31-2016, 02:23 AM
Frozenpotato,i think the devs april fooled you too early

Josh289
03-31-2016, 02:23 AM
Moderators do read threads that seem to spark a fair bit of controversy very thoroughly. Oftentimes, they will close a potentially contentious thread to prevent further disagreement and arguments. They may have seen your thread as a form of spamming or inappropriate behavior. Whatever the reason, they closed the thread because they probably felt that it wasn't necessary and had no purpose.

Brinx
03-31-2016, 02:27 AM
Do you guys not read anything? Just look at this, an explanation in one sentence.

"It's just a prank bro." - Sam Pepper

DarkMazter
03-31-2016, 02:34 AM
Minininininini mod

My favorite term here. :rolleyes: Really, though. Does giving the OP the two subforums that would've worked for his thread qualify me as a mini-mod?

Replying is fueling the fire, but at this point, we're throwing out that phrase left and right.

Brinx
03-31-2016, 02:39 AM
My favorite term here. :rolleyes: Really, though. Does giving the OP the two subforums that would've worked for his thread qualify me as a mini-mod?

Replying is fueling the fire, but at this point, we're throwing out that phrase left and right.

I mean you kinda do look like a mini-mod to me..

<3

DarkMazter
03-31-2016, 02:49 AM
I mean you kinda do look like a mini-mod to me..

<3

Me? Someone looking to become a moderator? GET OUTTA HEREEEE! I abandoned that hope a long, long time ago.

Christopher
03-31-2016, 04:18 AM
I swear to god.

dancanban
03-31-2016, 05:32 AM
Oh wow

i was eggxpecting a lot of replies to my puns. i was so eggcited

this forum is no longer eggjoyable(eggxcluding the good bits here and there), we should put an egg to this!

JerBoy
03-31-2016, 05:33 AM
Maybe it was in the wrong subforum or they somehow saw your thread offensive or dangerous.

Happymeep
03-31-2016, 06:14 AM

That's not how you spell Obviously. : P

Frozenpotato_
03-31-2016, 08:12 AM
Oh wow

i was eggxpecting a lot of replies to my puns. i was so eggcited

this forum is no longer eggjoyable(eggxcluding the good bits here and there), we should put an egg to this!

I really liked the replies on that thread, what a shame

dancanban
03-31-2016, 09:26 AM
I really liked the replies on that thread, what a shame

yeah, i was chucking out puns rabbitly

feaster your eyes on these next yolks, they're sure to crack you up!

don't eggnore me senpai, my puns are eggcellent and you know it

okay, okay, I'm just eggsaggerating

xlightswitch
03-31-2016, 09:31 AM
yeah, i was chucking out puns rabbitly

feaster your eyes on these next yolks, they're sure to crack you up!

don't eggnore me senpai, my puns are eggcellent and you know it

okay, okay, I'm just eggsaggerating
eggcelent choice of words, but it would be eastier (easier) for the mind to comprehend smaller words