PDA

View Full Version : Can I "unjailbreak" a phone?

Hypnoid
03-31-2016, 04:21 PM
My dad wants to learn, dunno why, he wanted me to make some research and i know some of u guys are tech nerds (no offense)

24elijah24
03-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Can you unkill yourself? :rolleyes:

I don't think so.

Tweety6ird
03-31-2016, 04:25 PM
If you factory reset your entire device (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings) it should delete the jailbreak as well.

I had a jailbroken iPod, and this worked for me to "un-install" a jailbreak.

Hypnoid
03-31-2016, 04:28 PM
Can you unkill yourself? :rolleyes:

I don't think so.

Actually, yes. There are people who were dead for only 3 secs and get alive again.

Lain
03-31-2016, 06:07 PM
If you factory reset your entire device (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings) it should delete the jailbreak as well.

I had a jailbroken iPod, and this worked for me to "un-install" a jailbreak.

If I remember correctly, you can brick your device by doing it from the settings. You have to do a fresh install of iOS from iTunes.

LarryLurr
03-31-2016, 06:09 PM
Actually, yes. There are people who were dead for only 3 secs and get alive again.

id like to get alive again 2 bro

zwacx
03-31-2016, 06:10 PM
I had a jailbroken mobile but i did only get it because of the the cool effects you could get, not for the ilegall stuff. But for the point, my iphone got messed up and it turned off for nothing. So for my opinion don't do that.

SnowyFox1000
03-31-2016, 06:11 PM
I just got a new device.

OhMyMoistness!
03-31-2016, 06:12 PM
Like others have said, if you reset it from iTunes it should work, if you have a non-jailbreaked backup you can use that also, although make sure that your lightning charger cable is fully intact, if it has rips or tears, it will not work, I have experience with this since my iPad is now stuck in iOS 8.4 because I can't connect it to iTunes through my PC :/.

RudyBan
03-31-2016, 06:28 PM
Like others have said, if you reset it from iTunes it should work, if you have a non-jailbreaked backup you can use that also, although make sure that your lightning charger cable is fully intact, if it has rips or tears, it will not work, I have experience with this since my iPad is now stuck in iOS 8.4 because I can't connect it to iTunes through my PC :/.

This here, and third party cables don't always work. Try your best to use the factory one unless you can't or don't have one.

darksnake99
03-31-2016, 06:54 PM
If I remember correctly, you can brick your device by doing it from the settings. You have to do a fresh install of iOS from iTunes.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

I can't stress this enough. I bricked my own device this way.

Use the recovery option on iTunes.