PDA

View Full Version : To the 2013-2014 forumers...

JerBoy
04-01-2016, 10:33 AM
How was the forums like back than? Was it better than now, or worse? I'm curious :P

Areodax
04-01-2016, 11:39 AM
It's way worse now, but there's still genuinely good people.

Venus
04-01-2016, 11:43 AM
It's better b4

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-01-2016, 11:46 AM
The forums back then had more on discussion about someone (bashing, if you wish,) people helping each other on how to use the forums (without someone calling you a 'mini-mod') and other stuff.

iShadowAngel
04-01-2016, 11:48 AM
it was nice

AxelDragon
04-01-2016, 11:51 AM
I really don't know because I joined in 2015, but I know is that there was probably less drama back then, and they didn't use the forums to create a fight, drama, etc. I think it was way better and calmer before.

_CM
04-01-2016, 11:54 AM
I really don't know because I joined in 2015, but I know is that there was probably less drama back then, and they didn't use the forums to create a fight, drama, etc. I think it was way better and calmer before.

It was the opposite, really.

If you knew CrimsonEagle, Angrox and the history of WORLDOFSCAMMERS You'll realize that the forums had more fights and dramas than now.

xelainezz
04-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Back then, there were the drama sub forum where formers causes dramas. :crazy:
But now, there's lesser dramas, things to gossip, and more boring topics.

Its Daniel
04-01-2016, 12:06 PM
It was better tbh.

PolarisHD
04-01-2016, 12:40 PM
It was crazy in a good way. I honestly don't know if the forum is getting blander because of the people or it's because I've been staying here for a long time.

Trolled
04-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Still have the wish for drama sub-forum to be revived. And then to see helpbot again.

just one growtopian
04-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Everything was better.

JerBoy
04-01-2016, 12:55 PM
k lemme time travel to 2013. brb

KKcupcake
04-01-2016, 01:06 PM

ha, wrong, there was a drama subforum.
i used to camp there awaiting fresh drama.

Jack Bowe
04-01-2016, 01:07 PM
I honestly don't think the forums have really changed as much as everyone says - it's expected that there will be more immature people, more scammers and more drama the more the game grows, but it wasn't perfect then and it isn't perfect now - I do miss the days when every forum member knew each other, though, those were cool. :p

ezereal
04-01-2016, 01:09 PM
How was the forums like back than? Was it better than now, or worse? I'm curious :P

I agree with areodax. I think the current forums is so bad..... last time, no one will call you a mini mod if u try posting guides or helpful remarks, just look at the corrupted take it for granted attitude we have now

Crypts
04-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Opposite of what is happening now. Like a guy asking "what would we be in 2016?"

Berenice
04-01-2016, 01:20 PM

Snobs, the forums was full of snobs. And a lot of them would tell me to not post a thread and use the search bar when I had a question. There were a lot of bullies.

Pretty awful, it's better now. Forums is at peace.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't think the forums have really changed as much as everyone says - it's expected that there will be more immature people, more scammers and more drama the more the game grows, but it wasn't perfect then and it isn't perfect now - I do miss the days when every forum member knew each other, though, those were cool. :p

When literally everyone replied to Angrox's thread when he scammed Romeo's Devil wings xD that drama was so intense.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all son, a lot of us craved drama. Us 2013 and 2014 people needed our daily dose of drama. They were like supplements lmao.

A lot of people would always be lurking in he drama sub forum :cry: I miss it.

Now when you say someone's name, you're thread gets deleting for "singling someone out" like if they were innocent.

ianCSzz
04-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I'm from the '14, but I was not as active as I am now, so I don't really remember anything.

If any, I'd say it was pretty much the same, just that today this forum is more crowded.

Snobs, the forums was full of snobs. And a lot of them would tell me to not post a thread and use the search bar when I had a question. There were a lot of bullies.

Pretty awful, it's better now. Forums is at peace.
Finally, someone who likes the forum nowadays more.

GEN
04-01-2016, 02:27 PM
im not in
im 2015 :rolleyes:

iSkyDoesGTC
04-01-2016, 02:30 PM
I didn't have an account in 2014 but I kept stalking the Suggestions sub-forum in Growtopia, I mostly liked this guy's edits in there.

*cough cough* benbarrage *cough cough*

I also thought all the ideas were great and never considered any idea OP.

MBG090
04-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Almost the same, just a few different people here now and of course the new layout.

Tempting
04-01-2016, 02:38 PM
It's worse now. We don't have TK or Hakma anymore. Also, the subforums used to actually made sense.

SFM2025
04-01-2016, 03:50 PM
The forums was good before it has changed in October 2015.

Jet
04-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Everything was better.

It couldn't haven't of been because I wasn't there.

matchamoo
04-01-2016, 04:17 PM

It's always sucked.

JerBoy
04-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Lots of different opinions. Some say it was good, some say it was bad.

Spotlight
04-01-2016, 04:25 PM

Much more drama, but it seemed rather civilized.
If you were a jerk, you would be bashed and called out liek you should be. If you were a nice and helpful person you were praised, and many of those people became moderators.
There was a lot more personality back then, it seemed like more of a real community. Now it's just a mish mash of people.

HerobrineFan
04-01-2016, 04:30 PM
It was crazy in a good way. I honestly don't know if the forum is getting blander because of the people or it's because I've been staying here for a long time.

basically this

Still have the wish for drama sub-forum to be revived. And then to see helpbot again.

oh my god don't talk about helpbot

ha, wrong, there was a drama subforum.
i used to camp there awaiting fresh drama.

I was basically this.

It's way worse now, but there's still genuinely good people.

^^^^

It's worse now. We don't have TK or Hakma anymore. Also, the subforums used to actually made sense.

TK's on Discord, Hakma had a alt but it's probably banned.

REGISORD
04-01-2016, 10:14 PM
There were two guys, that were known for causing massive flamewars. I can't say their names, but most old forumers will know who I am talking about.

Magicalfishy
04-01-2016, 10:40 PM
It was the opposite, really.

If you knew CrimsonEagle, Angrox and the history of WORLDOFSCAMMERS You'll realize that the forums had more fights and dramas than now.

Honestly that drama was controlled and WAY more chill than today's drama. Everyone understood it and we actually had our own positive input on the matter.

In all seriousness, the forums were extremely laid-back and chill. The old forums were like walking into your favorite tavern in the wild west that was full of all of your best friends. Everyone would sit around the table and discuss things like a family, and we had tons of fun with zero worries. The new forums are like walking into a mall full of dramatic and entitled kids. It's like everyone is screaming and running around acting like the mall is on fire... especially if they don't get their way.

ElectroDream
04-01-2016, 10:49 PM
More drama back then, but now when a drama comes people act immaturely and try to "roast" each other, because it's not easy to find drama. People were like chill in dramas back then.

More people were more polite back then.

Less jerks.

Less alts.

The amount of mini-mods are just about the same. The amount of mini-mods who wonder where they threads are (when it's deleted) is a lot more though.

Not trying to offend mama Solo or anything, but since the layout changed then I saw these changes in the community.

Linkoftime
04-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Drama sub was lief still drama filled though just more old forumers

ambiguster
04-01-2016, 10:55 PM
i think Early 2015 still have some leftover trails of 2014.

Besides, there were still Dramas and Still alot of old forumers at the moment

I used to still feel it :rolleyes:

Krazynewb
04-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Better and worse at the same time. But all the bad/great stuff was crammed into the introductions, farewell, and drama subforum. So when they changed that we were lost XD. But at the same time we didn't have distrust in our moderators.

It was a mix.

Indicative
04-01-2016, 11:33 PM
It was better, less spam.

Jack Bowe
04-01-2016, 11:33 PM

Helpbot was CrimsonEagle, a ton of the memorable, dramatic faces of the forums were.

Conan
04-02-2016, 01:42 AM
@Spotlight is correct

Before, more discussions are there for you to reply. Unlike now it's just about updates, prices, and crap. The drama was one of the things people are active.

Joshcat
04-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Some stuff got better and some stuff got worse.

Well, for starters there's no more drama sub forum. It's good in the sense that the threads aren't clouding the forums, but I admit, nowadays it just slips in. But for some people it's not the greatest thing because the CRAVE drama.

Uhh.. People calling newbies mini-mods stopped (with the exception of :prophet:), so that's good.

There was a lot more guides back then. But they weren't good ones.

That bad thing is there wasn't arrogant people back then as much as there is nowadays.

Tbh, I think the forum's things that turned good cancelled out the things that turned bad.

JerBoy
04-02-2016, 02:08 AM
oh my god don't talk about helpbot

Helpbot?...

syrup
04-02-2016, 04:32 AM
example of the small, but good community that growtopia once was (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?12955-It-keep-s-happening!)

ps nobody was famous

Ilikecats
04-02-2016, 04:33 AM
it was better

michaelhans10
04-02-2016, 04:40 AM
I think you are better mate :)

Lets hangout sometimes

SilversoulX
04-02-2016, 04:47 AM
I miss all the #PrayForX stuff. We used to have them and now what we have are spammers and people who try to revive the MLG.

KKcupcake
04-02-2016, 04:48 AM
Some stuff got better and some stuff got worse.

Well, for starters there's no more drama sub forum. It's good in the sense that the threads aren't clouding the forums, but I admit, nowadays it just slips in. But for some people it's not the greatest thing because the CRAVE drama.

Uhh.. People calling newbies mini-mods stopped (with the exception of :prophet:), so that's good.

There was a lot more guides back then. But they weren't good ones.

That bad thing is there wasn't arrogant people back then as much as there is nowadays.

Tbh, I think the forum's things that turned good cancelled out the things that turned bad.

.. you joined in december 2014.

voidgaming
04-02-2016, 04:56 AM
In the late 2014 (the date i joined),
there aren't many guys in Fanart/Story forum,if we really have one,
that guy must be skilled at certain things to post it,
or just advertising some useless channels.

late 2015,i don't its good or bad,
the forum is finally stuffed up by Rp,
eer...Good or Bad.

and btw,Back in the middle 2014,
the discussing is far more batter then current ones,
isn't any cringey and overused topic like "WHO YOUR FAVOURITE MOD?" or "WHAT'S YOUR XXXXXXXXXX"

hammerkraz
04-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Better and I wish it could stay that way (with the exception of a few amazing newer forumers)

Joshcat
04-02-2016, 01:26 PM
.. you joined in december 2014.

I've been stalking for a while. (when I had no account)

Berenice
04-02-2016, 07:28 PM

I do miss TK69 :cry: but I'm glad Hakma is gone though :yeah:

- - - Updated - - -

example of the small, but good community that growtopia once was (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?12955-It-keep-s-happening!)

ps nobody was famous

Everyone was famous, there was very little people lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss all the #PrayForX stuff. We used to have them and now what we have are spammers and people who try to revive the MLG.

The spammers and mlg was last year, and they were mostly 2013-2014 forumers

l0l
04-02-2016, 08:40 PM

much better. especially until they separated the sections :(

Comment
04-02-2016, 08:54 PM
It was better tbh.Damn Daniel back at it again with the 4-letter discussion.

|ThyLuigi|
04-03-2016, 12:35 AM
I'm hardly qualified for this question, but I remember a more lively forums in my early days.

Jaime12
04-03-2016, 11:56 AM

Much more drama back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Much better forumers.

ImAPogo
04-03-2016, 12:03 PM
I still remember...the drama subforum

I dont even know whats a drama back then so I was like

"Is it a place where people show drama video?"

After some more months I just understand what it means...

Playerdereclaim
04-03-2016, 01:40 PM

It was Awesome!! y u ask
1. Lot more people
2. Just the right amount of nice and the right amount of rude

lolgal96
04-03-2016, 01:52 PM
shockingly more active.

Runo
04-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Oh! You were asking how the forum was back then? i thought it was something to bash us up! LOL!
Forum back then was pretty clean, everyone helping each other. Now if anyone make such posts about help, they are considered as "Mini- Mods"!

Cinco
04-03-2016, 03:17 PM
It was way better

legonerd
04-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Hey why does know one talk about the 2002 people? http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?224-Curiosity-beckons

GummiBear64
04-03-2016, 03:25 PM
It was by far better than its current state.
That's not to say it was perfect, but it was more active and everyone knew one another and were nice to everyone with civilised drama.
I used to converse with majority of the forumers as I knew what was going on at all times and now I walk into a thread and all I see is random nonsense with intentional horrible gramma and spelling such as "wat is up m8?! i have not ever done such a thing 2 u m8! don't be swerin herp derp haha."

Jaime12
04-03-2016, 06:17 PM
It was by far better than its current state.
That's not to say it was perfect, but it was more active and everyone knew one another and were nice to everyone with civilised drama.
I used to converse with majority of the forumers as I knew what was going on at all times and now I walk into a thread and all I see is random nonsense with intentional horrible gramma and spelling such as "wat is up m8?! i have not ever done such a thing 2 u m8! don't be swerin herp derp haha."

These ^^10 chars

- - - Updated - - -

Seth or Hamumu should ready these thread.

ZeroRarity
04-03-2016, 06:33 PM
The forum back then was better for me because of the forumers. They're pretty engaged and most of them were actually civil when it comes to arguments and debates. I'm not saying that there were no trolls or obnoxious people, pretty sure every generation has them, but yeah, the newer generations of the forum community need to step up their game. It will take some time and experience, but in the end it will definitely be worth it.

Better community = Better forum.

Berenice
04-04-2016, 03:57 AM

That was mainly 2014 people :whistling: lol, intentional horrible gramma

- - - Updated - - -

Better community (77% bullies) = Better forum.

Everyone was so friendly

GummiBear64
04-04-2016, 04:03 AM
That was mainly 2014 people :whistling: lol, intentional horrible gramma

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone was so friendly

I could say that was an intentional mistake but I'd be lying. Give me a break, it was like 2 in the morning or something.

SilentDogs
04-04-2016, 04:20 AM
The forums were a little different back then, and I'd say better. Most of us got along just fine, even when there were unneeded drama, we knew how to keep things civilized in the end. I was taking part of many discussions and knew exactly what was going on. Yes there were arrogant people, I'm pretty sure all forums have to deal with that, especially with our new generation. Now, I'm not saying our new generator is bad, nor is it perfect. But however, people need to learn how to keep civil, I've been seeing a lot of nonsense posts - I do believe it's their decision to become a spammer, but they'll regret it in the end. There are people who need time and experience to get to know our community, but they'll learn. In the end, we'll be a great, big community!

EDIT: If you're wondering, I had a forum account that was created in 2013, but I had to switch for personal reasons. My old forum account is known as EasykGt, btw!!!

capnkrunch
04-04-2016, 05:15 AM
the good ol' general chat and drama subforum

Megazork
04-04-2016, 06:15 AM
Only early 2013 forumers experience real peace since it was a smaller forum community. Fortunately, I lurked long enough just to see that transition from peace to hell. Late 2013 wasn't fun especially with the community a close community, yet with more people. That meant if someone got flamed, they got teamed up on hard. There were frequent spammers/spambots/trolls and since it wasn't as filled in population as it is today, spam was hard to avoid.

hammerkraz
04-04-2016, 06:34 AM
I wish they gave us the drama fourm

Areodax
04-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Helpbot?...

Just like the name, Helpbot is a quite dedicated towards helping others.

I think he was Soonicr7's alt? Oh wait he's too illiterate to construct a sentence...

He's just an alt that helps people out in the forums, he gets mistaken as a mini-mod a lot, and eventually he just stopped because he can't handle all the forumers ganging up on him and make him stop his backseat moderating job.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they gave us the drama fourm

Drama back then was a bit more controlled since it was small and not many has heard of the paradise. If the drama sub-forum exists today, drama would devolve into bullying and hurting an individual because kids can easily jump into the bandwagon as easily as teenagers trying to get into the latest trend to be hip and cool and be with the crowd. Well that's what I think.

GummiBear64
04-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Just like the name, Helpbot is a quite dedicated towards helping others.

I think he was Soonicr7's alt? Oh wait he's too illiterate to construct a sentence...

He's just an alt that helps people out in the forums, he gets mistaken as a mini-mod a lot, and eventually he just stopped because he can't handle all the forumers ganging up on him and make him stop his backseat moderating job.

- - - Updated - - -

Drama back then was a bit more controlled since it was small and not many has heard of the paradise. If the drama sub-forum exists today, drama would devolve into bullying and hurting an individual because kids can easily jump into the bandwagon as easily as teenagers trying to get into the latest trend to be hip and cool and be with the crowd. Well that's what I think.

You're way off the bat as to whom was the main account of Helpbot.

Nobel
04-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Dramatic. Now there's nothing.