PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Depression?

TorBolt_
04-03-2016, 06:05 PM
I don't know what it is but I've been playing MMO's for the past like 5 or 6 years and I've always gone through these depressions. I don't have many responsibilities in life aside from school and the casual cleaning around the house when needed and sometimes I just feel empty.
I just lay there I kind of feel some type of nausea feeling I can't really describe and I just don't have the motivation to play a game to unbore myself.
It's at such random times too, I'll just be working on my mass production project log off to do something and on my way back I just don't feel motivated to do anything. I don't even touch my phone I just lay in my bed thinking.
I was trying to look up something similar to see if anyone has something like this but I can't really find anything.
Sorry about the rant but do any of you ever go through things like this? I do alot of outdoor activities but it's spring here and often rainy outside and not much to do aside from gaming and watching TV.

OhMyMoistness!
04-03-2016, 06:08 PM
That's deep.

-ression.

Jaime12
04-03-2016, 06:23 PM
That's early anxiety (the fact that you recognise the situation marks that you have nothing to worry about). You should try something with other people (indoors, in these case). The exact same thing started happening to me so I started doing different activities like a first aids course, going to library to study with friends, started practising a martial and stuff that involves being with friends or getting your head distracted, like reading. Good luck, if you feel empty, fill yourself.

It would be possible to contact you in game? I would like to speak and hang with you.

peck
04-03-2016, 11:11 PM
MMO's are the games you regret spending so much time on in later life.

Tohru
04-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Not really depression. Just that MMOs get boring. For example, now that I'm more socially active, I play less on Vain Glory. I get distracted by my friends IRL so I don't play games as much anymore. Another example is Growtopia. I have lost interest in its creativity.

But, I get you.

Tweety6ird
04-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Happens to me too. I find myself not being able to do anything else other than sitting in front of a screen. Try getting involved at school, join some clubs, or go for walks outside. It sounds stupid, but it really helps me clear up. Try finding something that will distract you from playing MMO's, not only do they get boring after a while, they become addictive, and even though you want to stop playing, you find that you start forcing yourself to log on.

capnkrunch
04-04-2016, 05:17 AM
Happens to me too. I find myself not being able to do anything else other than sitting in front of a screen. Try getting involved at school, join some clubs, or go for walks outside. It sounds stupid, but it really helps me clear up. Try finding something that will distract you from playing MMO's, not only do they get boring after a while, they become addictive, and even though you want to stop playing, you find that you start forcing yourself to log on.

I decided to something about my addiction before, I recycled some black rock whilst AV8R was on, did a sb with swear words. Instant 5 day break!