PDA

View Full Version : RTSOFT forum bug! (Missleading information)

albzterninja
04-04-2016, 05:33 AM
So when I was chillin' and wondering why my post got deleted in Game Development subforum so I went to click there but then I saw something strange! Look at this picture:

That doesn't look like a glitch at first glance. But I didn't recall creating a thread like that so I went to the thread and saw this:

The creator of the thread is clearly Hypnoid and not me (look at the #1 in the top right corner). Why does this occur? I have the answer:

I was the latest person to post on the thread! So I investigated and found out that the 'bug' is on every subforum! Someone messed up coding the website :rolleyes:

Surgicals
04-04-2016, 05:35 AM
This is not a bug. This shows the latest post by whoever posted it. :rolleyes:

albzterninja
04-04-2016, 05:37 AM
This is not a bug. This shows the latest post by whoever posted it. :rolleyes:

RTSOFT forum bug! (Misleading information)

it clearly looks like I was the creator of the post. Should be: Most recent post by: Albzterninja

Surgicals
04-04-2016, 06:09 AM
RTSOFT forum bug! (Missleading information)

it clearly looks like I was the creator of the post. Should be: Most recent post by: Albzterninja

There are those little arrow signs for a reason. That means it is a reply to a thread. :o

albzterninja
04-04-2016, 06:15 AM
There are those little arrow signs for a reason. That means it is a reply to a thread. :o

Yeah but that's after the threads name not before the "BY". IMO that's misleading information.

Meranda
04-04-2016, 06:38 AM
It's only saying that the latest reply on that thread was by you.

Not very misleading imo, but yea, that's my opinion.

Indicative
04-04-2016, 07:05 AM
RTSOFT forum bug! (Missleading information)

How long have you been here? 2 days? You can clearly see that in the top, it's said "LAST POST" and below it, there's "BY XXX"

raqk
04-04-2016, 07:08 AM
This isn't a bug, but there are a lot of broken things Seth doesn't seem to really care about.

albzterninja
04-04-2016, 01:46 PM
How long have you been here? 2 days? You can clearly see that in the top, it's said "LAST POST" and below it, there's "BY XXX"

Ironicly more than you have. The symbol says "Goto last post" wich makes sense then but I don't see how every person howers over the button. My point in the thread is that I find it very misleading if you don't know what the button means. Which I didn't.

Concept
04-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Every time he replies I hear the same thing. "misleading information."
New favorite word...

BTW This has been like that for a while I believe

albzterninja
04-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Every time he replies I hear the same thing. "misleading information."
New favorite word...

BTW This has been like that for a while I believe

Misleading information!

Yeah it has been so for a while as long as I can remember.

Kittens
04-04-2016, 02:38 PM
it has existed since 2002 and is intended

Edwardson97
04-04-2016, 02:41 PM
It's just shows who was the last person to reply to the thread. There's nothing wrong with it, your just looking at it wrong.