PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions, do you believe in them?

Elusive
04-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Do you still judge someone from the first impression you had on them? Do you believe in love at first sight? Is it wrong to judge someone based on your first impression on th

Areodax
04-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Do you still judge someone from the first impression you had on them? Do you believe in love at first sight? Is it wrong to judge someone based on your first impression on them?

1. No, I just need to see what they will do, how they act/talk etc.
2. Yes.
3. Depends on what will happen in the long run though.

Elusive
04-04-2016, 12:42 PM
1. No, I just need to see what they will do, how they act/talk.

That's basically seeing them from a first impression.

ElectroDream
04-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Do you still judge someone from the first impression you had on them? Do you believe in love at first sight? Is it wrong to judge someone based on your first impression on th

1. Not really, I see the present and not all his/her past behaviours.
2. I do believe in that.
3. Yeah because they may have changed.

xlightswitch
04-04-2016, 12:51 PM
1. Maybe.
2. Love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed.
3. No.

Elusive
04-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Whether you believe in it or not, first impressions do matter. From the moment you glance at someone you get a sense of who they are. And you'll instantly make judgement about them, what type of person they are and who they are, whether you’re conscious of doing this or not.

dancanban
04-04-2016, 02:33 PM
I believe in first impressions.

However, I also believe in second, third, fourth, etc impressions.

Tempting
04-04-2016, 02:47 PM

Do you still judge someone from the first impression you had on them?
It depends on the first recent impression. If you mean from the first impression ever, then no. For example, I used to be a timid shy person, but now I'm the complete opposite.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Sure. Genetics are weird.

Is it wrong to judge someone based on your first impression on them?
No. You decide how you act.

PolarisHD
04-04-2016, 02:47 PM
1. Kind of.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

Aleksis St
04-04-2016, 02:52 PM
1. trying not to do it, but still do it :p
2. yeah
3. no

GummiBear64
04-04-2016, 03:00 PM

Do I still judge someone from the first impression I had on them? Occasionally.
Do I believe in love at first sight? Yes, of course.
Is it wrong to judge someone based on my first impression of them? Depends on the circumstances.

JOSHIE63
04-04-2016, 07:36 PM

1. It is a terrible idiosyncrasy, but of course.

2. While I have no creditable experience in "love," I know enough to refrain from calling anything of the aforementioned love. There is a lustful attraction at first, undeniably, but to maintain a secure relationship that benefits both sides, keeping the other truly happy (ever look at the divorce rate?), one needs to look past a "first impression."

Whoops: I am certainly no chivalrous white knight. Anyone that says "personality is all that matters" clearly has no intention in becoming happier, far from a realist.

3. To an extent, no. A quotable movie (boring as hell) whose title I cannot recollect pointed that skin color, beauty, and such physical traits thereon are all first impressions. One can choose to let them subside or let them resonate, but ultimately, it only mars oneself to be hung up over a simple misconception.

YellowPepper
04-04-2016, 07:50 PM
When I have a Bad First Impression with someone, somehow it's always awkward when I talk to them.