PDA

View Full Version : Study tips.

ElectroDream
04-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Yeah, this thread is about you and your study tips to succeed in school / have better grades. Feel free to share yours, here are some of mine, and it kinda worked. (I failed science like non-stop until last March I changed my ways and eh... Not the best score, but I passed with B+ something (80% idk if it's B or what...)

1. Study at school, play at home.
2. Don't overstress, just have 1 or 2 tuitions/extra lessons.
3. Do homeworks at school, if you can't then just search it on the internet at home.
4. Make this folder of what homeworks you need to be doing and its deadlines so you'll check that folder every night instead of searching in a pile of paper, that's like looking for a needle in a hay bale. :crazy:
5. Be super optimistic and wish for an A+ (100%) even though you can't do it. Bring the optimism with you and you'll be doing tests very happily. Just sugarcoat in front of your friends but brag it yourself. Do something like "omgggg it was so hardddd im gonna faillll" so you don't look like you're boasting around.
6. When your class has some free time, don't just doze off or play with your friends, instead, study or do your homework when that moment arrives.
7. Listen to the teachers' lectures and you'll have everything you need for the exams. Some teachers babble weird stuff instead of the lesson, and when that happens you just sneakily do your homework. :p
8. Don't forget things from the past, it's going to come up later in the exam someday.

Feel free to share yours!

ImNotAmerican
04-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I don't study, but one tip that I can give is to make a story out of your knowledge.

Punch
04-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Yeah, this thread is about you and your study tips to succeed in school / have better grades. Feel free to share yours, here are some of mine, and it kinda worked. (I failed science like non-stop until last March I changed my ways and eh... Not the best score, but I passed with B+ something (80% idk if it's B or what...)

1. Study at school, play at home. Play at school, play at home.
2. Don't overstress, just have 1 or 2 tuitions/extra lessons. Don't have extra lessons, they suck. ;-;
3. Do homeworks at school, if you can't then just search it on the internet at home. Thumbs up.
4. Make this folder of what homeworks you need to be doing and its deadlines so you'll check that folder every night instead of searching in a pile of paper, that's like looking for a needle in a hay bale. I usually do it in my Agenda, sometimes I write it in a piece of paper, both also works.
5. Be super optimistic and wish for an A+ (100%) even though you can't do it. Bring the optimism with you and you'll be doing tests very happily. Just sugarcoat in front of your friends but brag it yourself. Do something like "omgggg it was so hardddd im gonna faillll" so you don't look like you're boasting around I did that in biology and I got a 98 when 90% of the class fails, now I'm hated. (rofl.)
6. When your class has some free time, don't just doze off or play with your friends, instead, study or do your homework when that moment arrived. Play at school, play at home.
7. Listen to the teachers' lectures and you'll have everything you need for the exams. Some teachers babble weird stuff instead of the lesson, and when that happens you just sneakily do your homework. YUSH! I rarely study at home, my books are collecting dust, just PAY ATTENTION.
8. Don't forget things from the past, it's going to come up later in the exam someday. AKA take notes, which sucks a lot if you're a son of a gun. (like me)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i barely study but i get somewhat good grades with an average of 86.88, only my PE score is under 75 (30 and 40 *cries*)

Nobel
04-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Another tip you can add is: Do your homework before the fun stuff, so you can enjoy it longer.

Singapore
04-04-2016, 11:58 AM

3. Do homeworks at school, if you can't then just search it on the internet at home.
4. Make this folder of what homeworks you need to be doing and its deadlines so you'll check that folder every night instead of searching in a pile of paper, that's like looking for a needle in a hay bale. :crazy:
5. Be super optimistic and wish for an A+ (100%) even though you can't do it. Bring the optimism with you and you'll be doing tests very happily. Just sugarcoat in front of your friends but brag it yourself. Do something like "omgggg it was so hardddd im gonna faillll" so you don't look like you're boasting around.
6. When your class has some free time, don't just doze off or play with your friends, instead, study or do your homework when that moment arrives.
7. Listen to the teachers' lectures and you'll have everything you need for the exams. Some teachers babble weird stuff instead of the lesson, and when that happens you just sneakily do your homework. :p
8. Don't forget things from the past, it's going to come up later in the exam someday.

Isn't A 75%?
If there is a grade for getting 100%, your tests must be really easy.

ImNotAmerican
04-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Isn't A 75%?
If there is a grade for getting 100%, your tests must be really easy.

I think it depends on the country, probably not the same as yours.

Kranken
04-04-2016, 12:12 PM

Doesn't your school use an app to give homework and grades?

Some tips:
Make a picture in your mind about the lecture. (Search for mind palace in google k)
Write down the important stuff in class.
Do your homework while listening to your teacher.

Nobel
04-04-2016, 12:14 PM

My school has a School Edumate for grades, etc. We also have a website called Canvas which has our homework, etc.

Kranken
04-04-2016, 12:16 PM
My school has a School Edumate for grades, etc. We also have a website called Canvas which has our homework, etc.

My country uses this thing called "ekool"

My stepdad works as the IT manager there k.

Nobel
04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
My country uses this thing called "ekool"

My stepdad works as the IT manager there k.

kool .

ElectroDream
04-04-2016, 12:25 PM

Some tips:
Make a picture in your mind about the lecture. (Search for mind palace in google k)
Write down the important stuff in class.
Do your homework while listening to your teacher.

We have edmodo and moodle (idk if this is popular or not) but it's barely ever used. ._.

Nobel
04-04-2016, 12:27 PM
We have edmodo and moodle (idk if this is popular or not) but it's barely ever used. ._.

My school also has moodle.

PrinceJaron
04-04-2016, 12:28 PM
I agree with these tips.

Although, I don't study much and still got a general average of 90+ every quarter.

You should also do a reviewer that fits your style. I review only by typing whatever I've read on my book that's necessary or vital for me and I almost always remember them. So yeah, find a way to study that fits your style.

Indicative
04-04-2016, 12:30 PM
9. Make sure to have a coffee next to you.

ElectroDream
04-04-2016, 12:35 PM
9. Make sure to have a coffee next to you.

9.1. Make sure to only have a cup a day because it's unhealthy to drink more.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i barely study but i get somewhat good grades with an average of 86.88, only my PE score is under 75 (30 and 40 *cries*)

That's good, but why not try to score the highest? (Unless you're already ranked first in your class ofc). It doesn't hurt to try, haha.

Indicative
04-04-2016, 12:36 PM

9. 2. and make sure not to buy it from st***ucks because it's..... expensive.

Lionex01
Thank you mother, do you have anything for distractions? Maybe i should try the finish homework at school stuff but i don't like staying in school uniform. I'm an extreme procrastinator at home though, but I understand everything in the lectures when my friends don't . Help me please:nope:

Nobel
Thank you mother, do you have anything for distractions? Maybe i should try the finish homework at school stuff but i don't like staying in school uniform. I'm an extreme procrastinator at home though, but I understand everything in the lectures when my friends don't . Help me please:nope:

Turn your WiFi off, give all your electronics to your parents, unless you need it for the homework.

Punch
04-04-2016, 12:37 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That's good, but why not try to score the highest? (Unless you're already ranked first in your class ofc). It doesn't hurt to try, haha.

IT'S GODDAMNNN IMPOSSIBLLEEEEEE

(out of 40 exams he got 16 100s, 18 95s, 6 90s)

Lionex01
04-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Turn your WiFi off, give all your electronics to your parents, unless you need it for the homework.

I don't think I could do that, my fam uses the WiFi too, I'm a class leader and have CCAs 2-3 times a week so I need the notifications, and my parents usually cba AHAHAH

ElectroDream
04-04-2016, 12:42 PM
9. 2. and make sure not to buy it from st***ucks because it's..... expensive.

9.3. Don't listen to 9.2. And just drink starbucks because it rocks! <3

_CM
04-04-2016, 12:43 PM

If you have self-control and know your priorities, these instructions won't be important.

ElectroDream
04-04-2016, 12:47 PM
I don't think I could do that, my fam uses the WiFi too, I'm a class leader and have CCAs 2-3 times a week so I need the notifications, and my parents usually cba AHAHAH

Listen to some music while doing your homework so your phone's notifications won't be heard. :rolleyes:

Shadin Siddique
04-04-2016, 01:02 PM
These are very great ideas, I usually do most of them. Well, I talk to my friends during classes if it's free.

9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade and 12th grade are Board Examinations, we have 4 exam terms and 2 of them are Board Examinations, the question paper comes from the board. So anything the teacher tells us to right in notebook, won't be much help. By studying only notebook, you can't even get above 5-10%, almost everything comes from the textbook and it's very hard since you have to memorise EACH and EVERY line of the text.

I'm not sure if this is only for India or other countries, but are your exams from the board?

Nobel
04-04-2016, 08:42 PM
If you have self-control and know your priorities, these instructions won't be important.

Procrastination is hard to control.

Playerdereclaim
04-04-2016, 10:19 PM

ENG. 9-H
86.00%

US HIST I-H
86.50%

BIO. H
88.40%

ALG. II-H
91.50%

SPAN. III-A

91.60%

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING I

99.10%

PE 9 3 DAY

87.10%

HEALTH 9

97.50%

Is that good? Be honest

ElectroDream
04-04-2016, 10:45 PM
ENG. 9-H
86.00%

US HIST I-H
86.50%

BIO. H
88.40%

ALG. II-H
91.50%

SPAN. III-A

91.60%

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING I

99.10%

PE 9 3 DAY

87.10%

HEALTH 9

97.50%

Is that good? Be honest

In my eyes, those scores are good. Dunno where you live or whether that's high for you or not...

|ThyLuigi|
04-04-2016, 11:36 PM
I got a 100% of a science test about waves (light, sound, ect.), I have not studied a single thing this school year. I have a 3.9 GPA (or so, might be 3.8).

Bit y'know, it's just 8th grade. /:

JOSHIE63
04-05-2016, 01:31 AM
Some of these do work. However, I disregard insight due to my perfect system that allows for tons of free time as well as allowing me to achieve the highest in my grade.

Procrastination is not the problem — sometimes it is good — time-management is the problem. I would discourage vapid effort to get things done in fear of procrastination; complete assignments where your schedule allows it, and plan ahead. The key is having an exhaustive schedule to the hour.

Prolly
04-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Mhm cool. I should have done it earlier. My exam marks went down. ;-;

English 1 - 84%

English 2 - 84%

Science - 85%

Social Studies - 76.66%

Moral Studies - 77.77%

Mathematics - 91.66%

Malay - 95.15%

Art & Design - 88.33%

KKcupcake
04-05-2016, 01:08 PM
5. Be super optimistic and wish for an A+ (100%) even though you can't do it. Bring the optimism with you and you'll be doing tests very happily. Just sugarcoat in front of your friends but brag it yourself. Do something like "omgggg it was so hardddd im gonna faillll"

this will backfire horribly i think.
after doing it a couple times people will start thinking you are seeking attention.

i, too, have tips.

1. TAKE NOTES & MAKE THEM PRETTY
- this is what i do, and one of the reasons why i got a1 for history lol. it gives me motivation, seeing that i put so much effort into making my notes look cool

Vin Gonzales
04-05-2016, 01:17 PM
dont focus yourself to be an honor at gradeschool,,better to study hard at highschool because it count your grade into college..and dont rush yourself to do all things..

albzterninja
04-05-2016, 01:51 PM
I also have some tips, if you want better grades do this:

(BTW literally talked to 2 teachers yesterday about grades so this might be helpful)

1) Talk to the teachers and focus on your work. If you're done and there's nothing left don't disturb the class. At my school they give you better grades if you do your stuff and don't disturb.
2) Talk to the teachers what you can do to improve your grades. Even if you're not gonna do anything they say they'll keep that in mind that you're trying, and for that they might change a C+ to a B because they know you're intrested. (sounds retarded but my math teacher gave me a C- instead of a D+ because I know how to talk to people. I followed some of his advice and now I have a legit C+)
3) Spread your tests out over the week. Yes it is boring and I can't tell you that I do it everytime but it actually helps. But keep in mind, always read af the day before and the moment you wake up! (you remember stuff better at the morning when you wakeup).

That's some tips I've used atleast. I'm averaging a C+ (with barely no effort) because I'm not focusing on my studies since I'm only in the 7th grade and you don't really need good grades. But in the 9th grade I'm gonna focus.

TheBoyFarmers
04-05-2016, 01:54 PM
wkkk klo gw mah ga gitu.. gw ga buat PR wkwkwk tp aku akan lakuin apa yang lu blg di threads ini.. Thanks for the Guide!

Singapore
04-05-2016, 01:54 PM

#5 may result in heartbreak when you receive your test results. Then you'll be demotivated and not put in your effort, or you'll score really well and then start slacking off for the next exams.
Imo, in #6 you should try to relax a while so that your mind would be clearer for the upcoming lessons.
Also, I prefer going home in the afternoon, trying to complete my homework by evening, relax at night and waking up with a clear mind for school. Don't stay up late to do your homework. If you can't complete your homework in time, then I don't know. I sleep at 10-10.30pm to 6.30 am.
Do homework by yourself, because you will help yourself understand the topic better.

Garvin Lim
04-05-2016, 01:56 PM
wkkk klo gw mah ga gitu.. gw ga buat PR wkwkwk tp aku akan lakuin apa yang lu blg di threads ini.. Thanks for the Guide!

Pls speak english
Not all of us is indonesian

Sebastian Elson Gunawan
04-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Pls speak english
Not all of us is indonesian

Translation:lol I am not like that,I don't do homework lol,but I will do what you write in this thread,thx for the tips