PDA

View Full Version : My teacher's Philosophy Question. HELP me answer it ~~ please...

Croxi
04-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Is time a function of thought or is thought a function of time?

Basically, it means "do you first need time to be able to think, or do you first need a thought for time to pass" is what my teacher said.

P.S. : We have to write at least 4 pages of this. I just want your opinion or feedback. THANKS!

Luminesce
04-09-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing you need time, for thoughts to be possible. For, as thoughts progress, time is required to be moving forward, or else the thought would be frozen.

Yet without thoughts, time can still move forward. As it has, for example before humans inhabited the earth.

Though I can't say this is the truth, as it's just a personal observation I have made. And time is basically not explainable at the moment.

Mutch
04-09-2016, 07:33 PM
They "knock" eachother out! You need time to think, and while you're thinking, time passes!:hat:

Am I right...or retarded?

Venus
04-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Without thinking there is no time
Time is something we as humans made
The big bang theory is "a theory"
That means the universe might or might not have a start
Let say if the universe does't have a start
Time is then just thought
Let say if the universe do have a start
Thought is a function of time
It depends on how you view things

|ThyLuigi|
04-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Time does not truly exist, the universe simply moves and creates, destroys and collides. How you perceive the actions of the universe is a function of your mind.

Croxi
04-10-2016, 02:37 AM
Bump 10 chars

REGISORD
04-10-2016, 05:01 AM

Basically, it means "do you first need time to be able to think, or do you first need a thought for time to pass" is what my teacher said.

P.S. : We have to write at least 4 pages of this. I just want your opinion or feedback. THANKS!

What? You have to write 4 PAGES of this? What class is this?

Playerdereclaim
04-10-2016, 12:28 PM

though function of time- time in considered to be the 4th dimension hence it is purely existing unlike thought. Hope that makes sense