PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way I can do this illegal-ish thing?

The Cookie
04-10-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm going to attempt copying a game (which is counter strike) from a computer shop by renting then inserting my flash drive to the system unit.
But... Where do I go? Program files? Or is there actually no way to do it?

ScptrX
04-10-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm going to attempt copying a game (which is counter strike) from a computer shop by renting then inserting my flash drive to the system unit.

lmao, it will never work.

peck
04-10-2016, 05:44 PM
That's not how it works. Installtion is much more than writing to a single directory.

Even if you were to find everything you needed to replicate it onto your pc, it wouldnt work because steam has a mini anti piracy measure of an offline key system between the installation of steam and the game.

Your best bet to illegally aquire csgo for free is finding a cracked version, which will fail to connect to valve servers so you wouldnt be able to play with anyone.

Mutch
04-10-2016, 05:58 PM
I think it will get quite hard for you to copy one of the world's biggest game and make it run with players playing it.

Tweety6ird
04-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Maybe just torrent it, it'll be easier lol, I don't even know if you can do it with that.

Josh289
04-10-2016, 06:47 PM

Why don't you simply make your own game? You would definitely feel more accomplished that way rather than copying another one. Use your creative mind to make something brand new. Copying another persons game wouldn't be too smart either, you might end up in some hot water.

Hippohello2
04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Why don't you simply make your own game? You would definitely feel more accomplished that way rather than copying another one. Use your creative mind to make something brand new. Copying another persons game wouldn't be too smart either, you might end up in some hot water.

That's not what he meant. Don't worry I thought of this as well. He wants to get it from another computer, then transfer it to the other computer.

ParkourDevil
04-10-2016, 08:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrHeHYooRs8

Wronix
04-10-2016, 09:02 PM
CSGO is online which makes it mission impossibru to crack.

Jaime12
04-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Isnt it easier earning 20 bucks by helping your neighbour or something like that?

The Cookie
04-11-2016, 04:51 AM
CSGO is online which makes it mission impossibru to crack.

Your best bet to illegally aquire csgo for free is finding a cracked version, which will fail to connect to valve servers so you wouldnt be able to play with anyone.
I'm not planning to get global offensive though, v_34 or was it 36 is good enough. Or maybe xtreme?
idk but it's definitely not go.

which will fail to connect to valve servers so you wouldnt be able to play with anyone.

I'm pretty fine with bots:rolleyes: Thanks for the info

Isnt it easier earning 20 bucks by helping your neighbour or something like that?
That doesn't exist in my country...
If I do that, my parents will scold me for having no pride and for helping the neighbor instead of doing our own house hold chores

SpeedFreakz
04-11-2016, 06:21 AM

Its none of our business. He can do anything with his entire life.

Knyts
04-11-2016, 06:24 AM
If it's legit.