PDA

View Full Version : I need help with coding.

Yambo
04-10-2016, 07:24 PM
So basically i wanted to start coding so i searched web to see what is suitable for beginners.I found html is best for beginning.I downloaded some apps and guides to see what to do.I learned basics but its hard to remember all codes.are there any tips how to learn it more easy?

Shane1343
04-10-2016, 07:26 PM
CodeAcademy. Check it out.

Yambo
04-10-2016, 07:28 PM

I actually wanted some tips on how to remember more easy.I am already using SoloLearner.

Someone help im desperate :(

Tweety6ird
04-10-2016, 07:29 PM

^^^^^ I used Codecadamy as well. What are you planning to do? If you're making websites, continue HTML try CSS, making programs or running tasks would be Java.

Yambo
04-10-2016, 07:31 PM
^^^^^ I used Codecadamy as well. What are you planning to do? If you're making websites, continue HTML try CSS, making programs or running tasks would be Java.

SoloLearner also provides java,javascript,php,c++,and frw more which i forgot.
Basically i want to start making web sites,but i would also like to make some simple apps or maybe even games . what you recommend on this?

Tweety6ird
04-10-2016, 07:34 PM
SoloLearner also provides java,javascript,php,c++,and frw more which i forgot.
Basically i want to start making web sites,but i would also like to make some simple apps or maybe even games . what you recommend on this?

Well if you're starting out doing websites, learn HTML and CSS. Those are important for a website. There is a website building course at CodeCademy if you sign up there. For games and whatnot, Java to start, C++ and C to continue. I don't recommend starting with something like C++, its hard and might set you off track.
To re-illiterate, HTML and CSS for websites.

Shane1343
04-10-2016, 07:35 PM
HTML and Javascript are the easiest ones to get down in my opinion.

Yambo
04-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Well if you're starting out doing websites, learn HTML and CSS. Those are important for a website. There is a website building course at CodeCademy if you sign up there. For games and whatnot, Java to start, C++ and C to continue. I don't recommend starting with something like C++, its hard and might set you off track.

So i need to combine css with html right?
And when i learn those 2 i can start java.
Currently my pc is having some issues.Can i acces codeacademy from my tab and phone?

Shane1343
04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Currently my pc is having some issues.Can i acces codeacademy from my tab and phone?

Might be difficult on a phone but yeah try on your tablet.

Yambo
04-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Might be difficult on a phone but yeah try on your tablet.

The size isnt problem i can use tab and phone and also my pc in like 2 weeks i just wanted to know if site uses something like flash player or so..

Tweety6ird
04-10-2016, 07:41 PM

Yeah, HTML is for the format of the website, and CSS is making it look good basically lol.
Yes, maybe learn Java after HTML (HTML and Java are easier than CSS) but if you're focusing on websites, just do HTML and CSS.
Codecadamy can be used on other devices as well, it might just be harder to use.
(and it's Codecadamy, without the 'a' i just checked I thought it was CodeAcadamy too, but I guess not. Just a heads up in case it doesn't show up)

- - - Updated - - -

The size isnt problem i can use tab and phone and also my pc in like 2 weeks i just wanted to know if site uses something like flash player or so..

No it can be used, according to their forums, I haven't done it myself. Apparently it doesn't work with external keyboards though, so you have to use the internal one.

Yambo
04-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Ok i will try codecadamy than.

lsaac2
04-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming) has some Javascript classes i'd recommend.

Tweety6ird
04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming) has some Javascript classes i'd recommend.

Khan Academy does programming too?? I used to use that for math in grade 6-8, it was a great website.

mrmax2
04-10-2016, 08:00 PM
HTML is not that hard. Just try to write codes in your notebook when you are bored. You will quickly remember them))

<html>
<head>
<title>Good Luck!</title>
</head>
<body>

MyLegGuy
04-11-2016, 02:07 AM
Just a side note, if you want to make browser games, html isn't for you. Javascript is.

There's no trick to remembering all the methods and stuff.

|ThyLuigi|
04-11-2016, 03:47 AM
I personally don't like recommending HTML — it really isn't that fun nor is it technically a programming language — so I'm going to recommend some things.

Languages:
Python - Good community with a wide range of uses, and it is at a good level of difficulty for a beginner.
Example Code:

print("Hello World")

Ruby - Has a good community, although its uses are more constrained than python I'd go for it, it teaches a lot about object oriented programming. It's also my personal favorite.
Example Code:

puts "Hello World"

Java - Okay, I personally don't like this language, but it is the most popular language (according to the TIOBE index) and it will teach you a lot about programming, just be prepared for a challenge going in.
Example Code:

public class Hello() {
public static void main(string[] args) {
System.out.print("Hello World");
}
}

C - This is like the father of a bunch of languages people use, and it is no cake walk. It is the closest to the hardware on this list, making it not so easy (although I argue that it looks nicer than Java). It isn't too big though, but it will teach you a ton about other languages and you'll have an edge compared to a programmer who started with Python or Ruby.
Example Code:

#include <stdio.h>

int main () {
printf("Hello World!");
return 0;
}

Now I'll actually answer your question: What sources do I recommend?
TutorialsPoint.com covers all the languages I said above, plus a million others, so I recommend it very well.
After that, go for Codecademy.com, it's interactive, although it doesn't go real in depth in some places.

Above all of those however, I recommend Derek Banas on youtube, he has tutorials for a million things and he teaches well, I recommend his hour long HTML5 video to learn most of the language, it'll serve you very well.

Also, take notes of the tags for now in a notebook, but practice often. It should become easy after a while.

Yambo
04-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Can someone explain what is diference between java and javascript?

MyLegGuy
04-11-2016, 11:45 AM

Using Google is easier than Java and Javascript.

JerBoy
04-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Where do you people even learn these things...

peck
04-11-2016, 02:44 PM
No there is no trick to remember anything "more easy". As with every skill in your life you just have to practice alot. It angers me when children are impatient with their results, only a day or two into figuring it out.

Java is for Java applications while Javascript its for web apps.

They are completely different.

If you don't want to use Javascript you can use flash.

He never claimed they were the same, in context, he even called them different things.

Flash isnt reccomended anymore for compatibility/security purposes. HTML5 is the new web thing.

Yambo
04-11-2016, 05:33 PM
No there is no trick to remember anything "more easy". As with every skill in your life you just have to practice alot. It angers me when children are impatient with their results, only a day or two into figuring it out.

No no bro.I think you didnt understood me well.I have patience i just started doing the code and i tought that there is some kinds of trick to remember them all little easly.I dont need shortcuts i just tought that when people do it so easy , there is way to do it differently than normal memorizing.

He never claimed they were the same, in context, he even called them different things.

Flash isnt reccomended anymore for compatibility/security purposes. HTML5 is the new web thing.

Yambo
04-11-2016, 06:02 PM

No no bro.I think you didnt understood me well.I have patience i just started doing the code and i tought that there is some kinds of trick to remember them all little easly.I dont need shortcuts i just tought that when people do it so easy , there is way to do it differently than normal memorizing.

IceKane
04-11-2016, 06:16 PM

I started with C++. and I'm doing fine. I honestly didn't know how advanced C++ was until I read an article about it. I guess the website I learned C++ from (http://www.learncpp.com) was pretty awesome.

OnlyKING0
04-12-2016, 12:19 AM
I use Codeacademy.com in my spare time

|ThyLuigi|
04-12-2016, 12:29 AM
I started with C++. and I'm doing fine. I honestly didn't know how advanced C++ was until I read an article about it. I guess the website I learned C++ from (http://www.learncpp.com) was pretty awesome.
Well, that's one of the recommended places to learn C++.

|ThyLuigi|
04-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Javascript Hello World example:

console.log("Hello World")

Java Hello World example:

public class Hello() {
public static void main(string[] args) {
System.out.print("Hello World")
}
}

So yeah, the syntax is different, but besides that they're used differently. Javascript is used more in the web development field, while Java is used for Applications and sometimes embedded systems.

Christopher
04-12-2016, 02:23 AM
I actually wanted some tips on how to remember more easy.I am already using SoloLearner.

Someone help im desperate :(

I took a web design class in High School, lmao. I tried to forget most of it.

raqk
04-12-2016, 02:31 AM
I'm still using SWF. Sadly it's only compatible with IE

Flash? Flash is compatible with most major browsers, as far as I'm aware. I know for certain it works on Firefox, as I still play on Kongregate nearly every day.

peck
04-12-2016, 02:41 AM
I'm still using SWF. Sadly it's only compatible with IE

What the hell is SWF? Do you mean actionscript?

Meranda
04-12-2016, 03:11 AM
http://mitadayo.tumblr.com/post/142441875781/coding-masterpost

Edx.org

iDariusGTYT
04-12-2016, 03:13 AM
Try to learn HTML and CSS,then try PHP and JavaScript.But me I only know HTML and CSS

|ThyLuigi|
04-12-2016, 03:17 AM
Try to learn HTML and CSS,then try PHP and JavaScript.But me I only know HTML and CSS
This is a good skillset, especially for someone going into web development, but it's good to learn some general purpose languages as well.

Yambo
04-12-2016, 05:06 AM

Ok i will do that combo than.

iDariusGTYT
04-13-2016, 03:03 AM
Ok i will do that combo than.
You can learn at www.w3schools.com