PDA

View Full Version : Real life friends vs virtual online friends!

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 09:40 PM
If you got to choose between your real life friends and life and your virtual net and friends life!
Which one would you choose?

Note: If you chose RLF then you cant go back to your virtual net friends, and the opposite is true too.

And give us a reason on why you choose it.

Tempting
04-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Internet Friends, because I'd probably never be on the internet again according to your rules.

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Real... ones.. because, they're like, real..?

I've got three of them. Then I've got tons of people I'm cool with. Then it's people I know. Then comes everyone else.

It sounds like a cliché, but the circle stays small.

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Internet Friends, because I'd probably never be on the internet again according to your rules.

So you chosen to leave real life and the outside world for your net and net friends.
Mmm kinda like some/many real life people now.

- - - Updated - - -

Real... ones.. because, they're like, real..?

I've got three of them. Then I've got tons of people I'm cool with. Then it's people I know. Then comes everyone else.

It sounds like a cliché, but the circle stays small.

But the internet can make your circle bigger.

Erch
04-12-2016, 10:06 PM
I really like virtual friends, more on gt, because they don't care about how you look, what you do ! They're always there to help you ! I got some friends that are 21 ! and Even a mother ! They love me as I do. We're friends and we help each others ! We don't care about the other stuff,

Growtopia is a second chance, a second life.

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 10:07 PM
But the internet can make your circle bigger.

Mind explaining how? If it isn't a bother.

Besides, you don't need it to be bigger. They're called real friends for a reason. You can trust them, be yourself around them. And they'll reciprocate.

If everyone likes you, you're not real enough.

Metalwire
04-12-2016, 10:09 PM
the real answer is where you feel most comfortable with, Both virtually and physically can give that care and love to the person. It doesn't matter where you come from what matters is that deep inside you have a way of making people feel comfortable around you in a sense of safety. Distance is nothing when you have empathy:crazy:

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 10:15 PM

Besides, you don't need it to be bigger. They're called real friends for a reason. You can trust them, be yourself around them. And they'll reciprocate.

Some people might not agree with your statement but I find it vary true.
On the internet I feel like Im not even real, but irl I experience stuff with my friends they know every little things bout me and I also do but I find some people are way beyond annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

My real life friends are my internet friends.
No you cant do that if you chose net life then you will have to block or delete your account and mot contact your RLF anymore.

I really like virtual friends, more on gt, because they don't care about how you look, what you do ! They're always there to help you ! I got some friends that are 21 ! and Even a mother ! They love me as I do. We're friends and we help each others ! We don't care about the other stuff,

Growtopia is a second chance, a second life.
But Gt peeps dont know a lot about as much as real friends, for ex I dont know when is your bd but your real friend may know it and remember that why they are called REAL friends.

the real answer is where you feel most comfortable with, Both virtually and physically can give that care and love to the person. It doesn't matter where you come from what matters is that deep inside you have a way of making people feel comfortable around you in a sense of safety. Distance is nothing when you have empathy:crazy:

But virtual life isnt real its more of a text kind of life you read stuff everyday and type words to describe how you feel instead of going out and feeling it with RLF
I feel comfy with both of em.

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Some people might not agree with your statement but I find it vary true.
On the internet I feel like Im not even real, but irl I experience stuff with my friends they know every little things bout me and I also do but I find some people are way beyond annoying.

If you agree, and you created this thread, my case makes itself. At least here, it does. But that's the thing. It ties perfectly into what you said; you feel like you're not real. Well, because you're not. You see the Internet as a place to start anew and have people see you in a different light because transparency is all the more difficult to get.

Well, not you. Just people who do that. Fakes and snakes in the grass. It's always better with friends. Real ones. The ones who can list the dumbest little quirk about you and have it down to a T.

One of the reasons why I'm basically the same person in real life. Just quiet with people I don't know. Never was eloquent. I like putting thought into what I say. Real friends would know.

Like I've said before, you'll find people annoying the way others may find you annoying. Everyone talks, everyone judges.

Evets1
04-12-2016, 10:20 PM
I can't abandon any of them, so both.

Hannah Toman
04-12-2016, 10:21 PM
I love both ;o

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 10:26 PM
If you agree, and you created this thread, my case makes itself. At least here, it does. But that's the thing. It ties perfectly into what you said; you feel like you're not real. Well, because you're not. You see the Internet as a place to start anew and have people see you in a different light because transparency is all the more difficult to get.

Well, not you. Just people who do that. Fakes and snakes in the grass. It's always better with friends. Real ones. The ones who can list the dumbest little quirk about you and have it down to a T.

One of the reasons why I'm basically the same person in real life. Just quiet with people I don't know. Never was eloquent. I like putting thought into what I say. Real friends would know.

Like I've said before, you'll find people annoying the way others may find you annoying. Everyone talks, everyone judges.

I made the thread so I can see which side will everyone go on.

Its true that you can be anything or anyone in the internet but you cant do the same IRL thats why its so hard to leave both sides you want to be everything that your real friends mock about you in the the internet where everyone accepts it normally but you dont want to leave your real friends because you cant live without talking to them or doing everything with them. Both are way too good and way too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't abandon any of them, so both.
Just chose one its easy and hard just choose.

I love both ;o

But you have to choose between both of them. Pick now us or them. XD

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 10:28 PM
I made the thread so I can see which side will everyone go on.

Its true that you can be anything or anyone in the internet but you cant do the same IRL thats why its so hard to leave both sides you want to be everything that your real friends mock about you in the the internet where everyone accepts it normally but you dont want to leave your real friends because you cant live without talking to them or doing everything with them. Both are way too good and way too bad.

It's a lot easier to see through a facade in real life. If you can't, you weren't meant to and therefore shouldn't try. If you have real friends who mock you in a way that makes you want to change just to please them, then you should know by now that those aren't real friends. But it's your call in its entirety.

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 10:35 PM
It's a lot easier to see through a facade in real life. If you can't, you weren't meant to and therefore shouldn't try. If you have real friends who mock you in a way that makes you want to change just to please them, then you should know by now that those aren't real friends. But it's your call in its entirety.

My friends are my friends no matter how much they mock well my love to frogs I wouldn't change, Some accepted it and I didnt care if they liked me.
I hang out with them because they understand and know me more then anyone even if I look bad to some of them, some hate me and I hate some of them. Its like a love to hate relationship with em.

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 10:39 PM
My friends are my friends no matter how much they mock well my love to frogs I wouldn't change, Some accepted it and I didnt care if they liked me.
I hang out with them because they understand and know me more then anyone even if I look bad to some of them, some hate me and I hate some of them. Its like a love to hate relationship with em.

I have a feeling you're still talking about online friends.

If you're not, get ready to take a shot or two from me. Nothing too bad.

You don't hate friends. If you hate them, they aren't friends. Basic logic, right?
You and I, we aren't friends. But we get along, I guess? That doesn't make us friends.
I know you profess your love of frogs here, but is it the same in real life...? Because if it is, that's a weird thing to really be into. But there's worse, so don't think I'm giving you **** like your friends or whatever.

MxdiGT
04-12-2016, 10:40 PM
I love both of them equally the same. But I would have to stick with my virtual/online friends. My online friends know me so well...and I'm thankful for them. I love them all very much because they're awesome! My real life friends are cool, some of them are just :poop: xD

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 10:47 PM
I have a feeling you're still talking about online friends.

If you're not, get ready to take a shot or two from me. Nothing too bad.

You don't hate friends. If you hate them, they aren't friends. Basic logic, right?
You and I, we aren't friends. But we get along, I guess? That doesn't make us friends.
I know you profess your love of frogs here, but is it the same in real life...? Because if it is, that's a weird thing to really be into. But there's worse, so don't think I'm giving you **** like your friends or whatever.

No Im talking about IRL

You dont see it a weird thing because you have seen even weirder stuff, this is the Internet where weird is good and normal, but irl weird is even weirder and crazy, some people accept it and most of the people will mock the hack out of you. I kinda dont get along with them, I have some real life friends who understand me more then my other friends that why he is called BFF
We have many things in common, sadly not frogs or anime, but we get along fast.
If I hate someone then that makes them my enemy or nemesis, which I don't want to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I love both of them equally the same. But I would have to stick with my virtual/online friends. My online friends know me so well...and I'm thankful for them. I love them all very much because they're awesome! My real life friends are cool, some of them are just :poop: xD

But I don't even know your real life name or real age unlike your real friends who knows you even more then me or anyone here in the forums.

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 10:49 PM
No Im talking about IRL

You dont see it a weird thing because you have seen even weirder stuff, this is the Internet where weird is good and normal, but irl weird is even weirder and crazy, some people accept it and most of the people will mock the hack out of you. I kinda dont get along with them, I have some real life friends who understand me more then my other friends that why he is called BFF
We have many things in common, sadly not frogs or anime, but we get along fast.
If I hate someone then that makes them my enemy or nemesis, which I don't want to happen.

I'm also implying I know people in real life who are into weirder things. It's not hard to find. Look for them. Especially the ones who meet up to play trading card games. God knows what they do.

Real life is crazier. Everything on here was created or thought up by someone who, you guessed it, exists or existed in real life. They can manifest these things outside just as easily as they could here, just a matter of choice.

But have you ever really hated anyone is the question. At the end of the day, you're better off not caring.

JOSHIE63
04-12-2016, 10:52 PM
My online friends are better. In real life, there is much more an incentive to be truly false, whereas the internet only gives a platform for those who do. If one is deceived in reality, it has consequences. People online have less an incentive to be false — ignoring humor — and therefore have no impact upon mistreatment. While the probability that one will meet a facetious troll is higher, the reality is that anonymity is a cushion.

Of course, that is only precaution. I make it difficult for anyone to be truly close to me, so realistically, of course I would be a pessimist.

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 10:56 PM
I'm also implying I know people in real life who are into weirder things. It's not hard to find. Look for them. Especially the ones who meet up to play trading card games. God knows what they do.

Real life is crazier. Everything on here was created or thought up by someone who, you guessed it, exists or existed in real life. They can manifest these things outside just as easily as they could here, just a matter of choice.

But have you ever really hated anyone is the question. At the end of the day, you're better off not caring.

Ikr xD.
Real life is crazy, we are crazy and we made the Internet the way its right now, weird and crazy.

I dont hate anyone no matter how bad I talk about them or no matter I have been into fights with them I just forget it and I dont care about what they did its in the past and not caring if they changed it or not is the key to happiness.

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 10:59 PM
My online friends are better. In real life, there is much more an incentive to be truly false, whereas the internet only gives a platform for those who do. If one is deceived in reality, it has consequences. People online have less an incentive to be false — ignoring humor — and therefore have no impact upon mistreatment. While the probability that one will meet a facetious troll is higher, the reality is that anonymity is a cushion.

Of course, that is only precaution. I make it difficult for anyone to be truly close to me, so realistically, of course I would be a pessimist.

More like if one is deceiving in real life. You won't hear the end of it. Not in high school you won't, but the older you get, the more you just nod fakes off. There's always people who front for both audiences, too.

I noticed you have a Dong Lover's lyric in your signature. Didn't have to open the spoiler. R O Y A L T Y.

- - - Updated - - -

Ikr xD.
Real life is crazy, we are crazy and we made the Internet the way its right now, weird and crazy.

I dont hate anyone no matter how bad I talk about them or no matter I have been into fights with them I just forget it and I dont care about what they did its in the past and not caring if they changed it or not is the key to happiness.

Yeah, basically.

And that's what I meant. You don't really hate someone until causing them harm is all you can think of for longer than just a couple of days. Emotional, physical, everything.

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 11:01 PM

So which one would you choose? To live in a life where everything you say or do have consequences or act like you are living a virtual life where no matter what you say or do it wont matter unless it get viral.

Metalwire
04-12-2016, 11:02 PM

*coughs* ehem:sweatdrop:

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 11:05 PM
So which one would you choose? To live in a life where everything you say or do have consequences or act like you are living a virtual life where no matter what you say or do it wont matter unless it get viral.

That's a good point.

It's a small amount that really get their names out there using just the internet. Other than that, nobody on here or anything they say matters unless their real life is a proper testament to it.

Would you rather be comfortable with being nobody because it's what life is unless you work to change it, or would you rather be forever caught in a loop of trying to get your name up in a digital world where you won't ever really be anything but will feel like you are anyway?

Mahmoud
04-12-2016, 11:14 PM
That's a good point.

It's a small amount that really get their names out there using just the internet. Other than that, nobody on here or anything they say matters unless their real life is a proper testament to it.

Would you rather be comfortable with being nobody because it's what life is unless you work to change it, or would you rather be forever caught in a loop of trying to get your name up in a digital world where you won't ever really be anything but will feel like you are anyway?

Internet is more like a game to win it, you need fame and to get fame you need to be socially active, all the famous faces of the Internet we know now all they did was record a video and edit it, or post pics on instagram get likes for posting a pic of an apple that gets million of likes, internet is a simple game that need you to be a part of so you can be something. In the internet you have infinite retrys.

But irl once you lose you cant retry it again. Every mistake can lead to your downfall of your family and your job and every thing great you accomplish can get you great things that will make you the happiest man/woman on earth.

I choose to have real money and real fame instead of virtual money and fame.

RudyBan
04-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Internet is more like a game to win it, you need fame and to get fame you need to be socially active, all the famous faces of the Internet we know now all they did was record a video and edit it, or post pics on instagram get likes for posting a pic of an apple that gets million of likes, internet is a simple game that need you to be a part of so you can be something. In the internet you have infinite retrys.

But irl once you lose you cant retry it again. Every mistake can lead to your downfall of your family and your job and every thing great you accomplish can get you great things that will make you the happiest man/woman on earth.

And there you go. My case lies to rest.

Boomer
04-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Virtual friends. I got no real life friends right now, but Im fine with that.

JOSHIE63
04-12-2016, 11:29 PM
More like if one is deceiving in real life. You won't hear the end of it. Not in high school you won't, but the older you get, the more you just nod fakes off. There's always people who front for both audiences, too.

I noticed you have a Dong Lover's lyric in your signature. Didn't have to open the spoiler. R O Y A L T Y.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, basically.

And that's what I meant. You don't really hate someone until causing them harm is all you can think of for longer than just a couple of days. Emotional, physical, everything.

Heh, yeah. Kauai was just a fun little project though. His albums are so much better…

Anyway, you get it.

I am not necessarily saying I would rather "live" on the internet; I am simply saying that while I cannot see the veracity in one's persona, one hurts less — the internet's.

*coughs* ehem:sweatdrop:

Certainly there is no exception. Of course I have friends; so few close ones, and none in real life. The internet allows one to let people much closer than one would in real life; therefore, I am immune to any inward corrosion online.

Linkoftime
04-12-2016, 11:32 PM

Damnit rudy back at it again with the wise statements

MyLegGuy
04-12-2016, 11:36 PM
I no haz friends on the interwebz. I chooze real life amigos.

I'm actually serious about that.

Metalwire
04-12-2016, 11:39 PM

but only those who accept you on the inside will understand and forget about your wealth

WhiteLegend
04-13-2016, 12:03 AM
I would personally KILL bolt of them because it not fair to choose one life over the other

there bolt humans and one life isn't more impotent then the other, unless your the doctor

AlexKat
04-13-2016, 01:03 AM
"No, they want none
No, they want none
No, they want none
No, they want none
No, they want none"
~ AJ styles theme song

Personally I was depressed when I didn't have any real life friends. Now I have alot of real life friends that I couldn't bare to back down to. My internet friends, I couldn't bare to let go of them either, but all of them quit and a few of them still play. They teached me alot of things in life actually. But I can't meet them in real life. Most of my online friends abandon me. The most i've been with a online friend is only one year compared to my real life friends. So real life friends.

Where's the poll?

Disaster
04-13-2016, 01:07 AM
If you got to choose between your real life friends and life and your virtual net and friends life!

Note: If you chose RLF then you cant go back to your virtual net friends, and the opposite is true too.

Real life friends, I have like 8-10 friends irl, because you need your group in case something happens they will be there to help you, your internet friends won't be there to help you.

Playerdereclaim
04-13-2016, 01:08 AM

Hella hard

If i choose internet that means no school, but no way to get money (other than online scam artist).
Is i choose real benefit is ummm they r real, but no internet.

Mahmoud
04-13-2016, 05:43 AM
Virtual friends. I got no real life friends right now, but Im fine with that.
So you never been outside your house? Or are you an antisocial?

but only those who accept you on the inside will understand and forget about your wealth
Yeah but real life friends will also accept me the way I am.

Real life friends, I have like 8-10 friends irl, because you need your group in case something happens they will be there to help you, your internet friends won't be there to help you.
I get you, but what if its a Internet problem you will need us to help you and we will, unless you ask for donations which people will hate you for it...

Hella hard

If i choose internet that means no school, but no way to get money (other than online scam artist).
Is i choose real benefit is ummm they r real, but no internet.

No no not like dat, you would go normally to school but you wont make friends there, on the break time you will use it to contact your net friends, the benefits stays the same.

Knyts
04-13-2016, 05:53 AM
Virtual friends
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/57/8c/a0/578ca0b7ecadbbd66414db12492f253a.jpg

Mahmoud
04-13-2016, 09:09 AM
Virtual friends
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/57/8c/a0/578ca0b7ecadbbd66414db12492f253a.jpg

But some real life friends can help you more then internet life, they can be nice or bad, they are the reason you go outside and hangout with them everyday

SpeedFreakz
04-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Virtual online friends coz why not???

No, seriously I don't have any friends IRL...

Mahmoud
04-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Virtual online friends coz why not???

No, seriously I don't have any friends IRL...

Why, are you an antisocial person or do you never go outside.

TheTrain
04-13-2016, 09:50 AM
i choose rlf
Reason?
Cos' Why not?

Growth
04-13-2016, 09:53 AM

Your choice of words are rather interesting, you make me feel bad for myself.

I'd rather choose IRL friends, since my parents and cousins are my 'friends' in a way, plus internet friends won't be that useful, a very slim chance of meeting. Also, what happens when your relative is both your internet and real-life friend?

SpeedFreakz
04-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Why, are you an antisocial person or do you never go outside.

Antisocial like 3 years...

PolarisHD
04-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I'd choose online friends just because I feel like I can express myself better on the internet rather than IRL since I'm an introvert. I did have real life friends before, but that was when I was going to a school. Now, I'm just being homeschooled and I can't really make friends since I'm not living in your typical neighborhood where you can just go outside and make friends.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree with that. I found this interesting quote that was said by an osu! streamer:

"You're a certain type of person around your friends, you're a certain type of person around your parents, around your coworkers, around your grandparents, around your enemies. You're a certain type of person on stream. They're all you, just different facets of the same person."

ElectroDream
04-13-2016, 10:14 AM
IRL because my friends rock. I'm an introvert but not an antisocial. .-.

Its Daniel
04-13-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm an introvert so Virtual Online friends.
I also don't call my classmates as friends until both of us became close.

Disaster
04-16-2016, 12:42 AM
Antisocial like 3 years...

The key to being social or somewhat social is not caring what people think about you. I used to be really shy with like 3 friends, now I've got like 8-13 friends.

BaconHero
04-16-2016, 01:06 AM
I'd choose Both
With real and virtual friend you never know what you can do
Both sides have very interesting people that I have met:cool:

KKcupcake
04-16-2016, 01:56 AM
real life friends of course!!
i'm not going to destroy a 6 year friendship just for some random people on the internet that i don't even know. i have 5-6 close friends that i will never let go simply for the sake of somebody on the web that probably has a 80% fake 'personality'. besides, its better to go outside and live in the moment, go out with my friends, have lots of fun, rather than seclude myself in a room with only a bright screen with all my virtual, online, so called 'friends'. i'm very sure many people online put on a facade to make themselves feel better, or to make some friends, whereas in real life, its more difficult, and so you would know the person for themselves and not who they want to be.

Singapore
04-16-2016, 03:25 AM
real life friends of course!!
i'm not going to destroy a 6 year friendship just for some random people on the internet that i don't even know. i have 5-6 close friends that i will never let go simply for the sake of somebody on the web that probably has a 80% fake 'personality'. besides, its better to go outside and live in the moment, go out with my friends, have lots of fun, rather than seclude myself in a room with only a bright screen with all my virtual, online, so called 'friends'. i'm very sure many people online put on a facade to make themselves feel better, or to make some friends, whereas in real life, its more difficult, and so you would know the person for themselves and not who they want to be.

Not trying to be rude, but I think you're the only one who destroys friends to make new friends.

SpeedFreakz
04-16-2016, 03:32 AM
The key to being social or somewhat social is not caring what people think about you. I used to be really shy with like 3 friends, now I've got like 8-13 friends.

That's how I do...

|ThyLuigi|
04-16-2016, 03:35 AM
You can't get a proper read on a person's personality on the internet, unlike real life friends.

Singapore
04-16-2016, 05:45 AM
That's how I do...

I'm the opposite and get along well: care about what others think about you, work to improve some of them, and if that's not possible then I let the positive stuff drown out the negative stuff.

I pick real life friends because you never know if that person is some weirdo who loves making nice sound effects.

Minecraftpee
04-16-2016, 12:30 PM
what if my real life friends are y internet friends?

KKcupcake
04-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Not trying to be rude, but I think you're the only one who destroys friends to make new friends.

tru
but i probably don't care about those i ditch, lol, those people, i'd say i was pretty much 'forced' to befriend them out of courtesy. my close friends are the real people i care about :o

JerBoy
04-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Honestly, some internet friends are nicer and more trustworthy than real life ones. Most of my real life friends have alrdy betrayed me or smth while the ones on the internet are still great.

Prolly
04-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Honestly, some internet friends are nicer and more trustworthy than real life ones. Most of my real life friends have alrdy betrayed me or smth while the ones on the internet are still great.

Same same.

grapezzzz19
04-16-2016, 04:15 PM
virtual friends like other people using the PC?
if then yes because its hard to find friends with the same interest as me.

KKcupcake
04-17-2016, 02:07 AM
TBH it's kind of sad to pick internet friend over real friends.

"NO INTERNET FRIENDS ARE BETTER MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BETRAYED ME" replies incoming :whistling: