PDA

View Full Version : Glasses.

ElectroDream
04-13-2016, 12:14 PM
I don't know why the optic shopkeeper guy did this to me, but I had minus 0.5 dioptre/diopter and 0.25 cylinder (aka Astigmatism) and that guy asked me to wear glasses. Well, I thought that no matter what I'll end up wearing glasses but is it too early for me? No idea. I do prefer glasses though, things are a little bit clearer. I still can do things properly though, just a few days ago I played badminton and I think I still can see properly, judging by that.

I hope I said the optical terms right, I dunno much about optic in English.

Side-question: do you wear glasses? How bad was it that you really had to?

ULTRA ASIAN
04-13-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't know why the optic shopkeeper guy did this to me, but I had minus 0.5 dioptre/diopter and 0.25 cylinder (aka Astigmatism) and that guy asked me to wear glasses. Well, I thought that no matter what I'll end up wearing glasses but is it too early for me? No idea. I do prefer glasses though, things are a little bit clearer. I still can do things properly though, just a few days ago I played badminton and I think I still can see properly, judging by that.

I hope I said the optical terms right, I dunno much about optic in English.

Side-question: do you wear glasses? How bad was it that you really had to?

I need to wear glasses and I'm somewhere around 12 years of age. :rolleyes: No exact ages lol.

Yeah, it got really bad because I used to always read books in the dark with really little light.

Its Daniel
04-13-2016, 12:21 PM
I don't wear glasses but I stare in the pc monitor for hours :^)

ianCSzz
04-13-2016, 12:23 PM
I have -1D/-1.5D, I have glasses but I don't often wear them cuz laziness. I can still see texts on the whiteboard from the back of the class, but with a bit of difficulty.

On the funny note, my cousin have -4D and he plays games less than I do.

TheTrain
04-13-2016, 12:25 PM
I have 400 degree myopia and its not that bad.
Its only when you can't find it as you forgot where you placed it.

ElectroDream
04-13-2016, 12:26 PM
I have -1D/-1.5D, I have glasses but I don't often wear them cuz laziness. I can still see texts on the whiteboard from the back of the class, but with a bit of difficulty.

On the funny note, my cousin have -4D and he plays games less than I do.

Maybe he's a bookworm. :rolleyes:

My friend, who happens to be a bookworm has a very bad eyesight.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't wear glasses but I stare in the pc monitor for hours :^)

It'll be your day soon... I used to say the exact thing back then. :^)

Tohru
04-13-2016, 12:26 PM
I got my glasses in first grade. My parents were NOT too happy about that. The eye doctor guy said that my eyes were a low number for such a young age, and nobody had ever seen such a young kid get glasses that thick. I don't remember what the numbers were, though.

SpeedFreakz
04-13-2016, 12:28 PM
I don't use glasses but I did use mirror glass...

TheArctic
04-13-2016, 12:57 PM
If you do not NEED it, DO NOT get them. Your eyes will adjust to the glasses over time, until you are blind without them. I had the same dilemma, and I cannot see clearly 3 feet in front of my face.

dorie2739
04-13-2016, 12:59 PM
I wear glasses. My eyes are so bad.
Without my glasses, everything is blurred and it's like youtube's quality 144p, no joke.

And i'm about to get a new one. Even with my current glasses it's a bit hard for me.
Getting worse :nope:

PrinceJaron
04-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Even when I wear glasses, I sometimes still can't clearly see what's written on the board in our classroom (and I'm already in front!). You've mentioned that when you played badminton, you can still see clearly. I don't think so. If I myself will play badminton, I can still see clearly. I suggest you take into consideration what was asked of you.

Trolled
04-13-2016, 01:14 PM
I wore it when I was like... 9? Argh. I got glasses last time because I WAS a bookworm. And now... Computer addict.

Magicalfishy
04-13-2016, 01:17 PM
I always wear glasses, but I can see without them. It's hard to describe it, but there's like a fog of thousands of tiny images blocking my view. I can still see clearly, but it's like having a slight fog blurring things out. It's super annoying, and the story behind it is super weird. Not even sure how it's possible to be completely honest.

genpasaporte922
04-13-2016, 01:40 PM
500 degree myopia, so need to wear eyeglasses with 300+ grade.. hmm, it's so painful without eyeglasses

wore them at the age of 12

dancanban
04-13-2016, 02:04 PM
I wrote a song about the burden of having glasses...

it was for an assignment :crazy:

ninjyninja
04-13-2016, 02:16 PM
sorry to spoil everything but my vision is 20/20 and I will probably never need glasses ;)

BudderMeow
04-13-2016, 02:31 PM
My eye doctor said I need to start wearing glasses all the time in the middle of 6th grade when I was twelve. I'm 15 now and the only things that bother me about it is: My right temple hurting, having to clean my glasses contantly, sweating after running a mile so it fogs up the lenses, and my brother keep taking it from my face.

Though, there is this one time soneone said my glasses are big. I'm not sure if it's meant to be a compliment or an insult...

And I just got new glasses that looks like my previous ones, so I decided to host a contest to see who noticed first. The prize was this glowstick topper or my older glasses. My brother chose my older glasses .-.

Areodax
04-13-2016, 02:44 PM
I used to wear glasses back in elementary. Stopped using them because:

1. I was teased for it.
2. My astigmatism is gone.

My vision is good, but I hate the sun too much that I have to close my eyes to tolerate going outside.

Prolly
04-13-2016, 02:55 PM
My vision is so bad I couldn't even read a book without glasses
I've never started playing video games until last year, yet I got glasses 4 years ago.
Maybe reading wasn't a good idea.

REGISORD
04-13-2016, 03:27 PM
I've had glasses for a while, and it's because my eyesight is really bad.