PDA

View Full Version : How to Answer Multiple Choice MUCH Easier!

Indicative
04-15-2016, 05:09 AM
List of Tips

Responses that use absolute words, such as "always" or "never" are less likely to be correct than ones that use conditional words like "usually" or "probably."
"Funny" responses are usually wrong.
"All of the above" is often a correct response. If you can verify that more than one of the other responses is probably correct, then choose "all of the above."
"None of the above" is usually an incorrect response, but this is less reliable than the "all of the above" rule. Be very careful not to be trapped by double negatives.
Look for grammatical clues. If the stem ends with the indefinite article "an," for example, then the correct response probably begins with a vowel.
The longest response is often the correct one, because the instructor tends to load it with qualifying adjectives or phrases.
Look for verbal associations. A response that repeats key words that are in the stem is likely to be correct.
If all else fails, choose response (b) or (c). Many instructors subconsciously feel that the correct answer is "hidden" better if it is surrounded by distracters. Response (a) is usually least likely to be the correct one.

Thank me later.

genpasaporte922
04-15-2016, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the clues, it will help me as I take the National Achievement Test in June. :rolleyes:

SpeedFreakz
04-15-2016, 05:26 AM
Thanks for another life hack guides, BOY GENIUS

Dashkiller
04-15-2016, 05:32 AM
3Smurt5Us :prophet:

IceKane
04-15-2016, 05:46 AM
List of Tips

Responses that use absolute words, such as "always" or "never" are less likely to be correct than ones that use conditional words like "usually" or "probably."
"Funny" responses are usually wrong.
"All of the above" is often a correct response. If you can verify that more than one of the other responses is probably correct, then choose "all of the above."
"None of the above" is usually an incorrect response, but this is less reliable than the "all of the above" rule. Be very careful not to be trapped by double negatives.
Look for grammatical clues. If the stem ends with the indefinite article "an," for example, then the correct response probably begins with a vowel.
The longest response is often the correct one, because the instructor tends to load it with qualifying adjectives or phrases.
Look for verbal associations. A response that repeats key words that are in the stem is likely to be correct.
If all else fails, choose response (b) or (c). Many instructors subconsciously feel that the correct answer is "hidden" better if it is surrounded by distracters. Response (a) is usually least likely to be the correct one.

Thank me later.

Better solution: Use deductive reasoning. :rolleyes:

Prolly
04-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Or, we could just use a dice.

IceKane
04-15-2016, 06:02 AM
Or, we could just use a dice.

A die uses 6 faces, which means 6 possible answers. Multiple choice questions generally have 4 options. I think it's better to flip two coins, because there's only 4 combinations possible.

Indicative
04-15-2016, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the clues, it will help me as I take the National Achievement Test in June. :rolleyes:

I'll do my tests with your tips. UN (Ujian Nasional lolololol) in Indonesia. Also I'm doing Try Outs. Your advise is really helpful.

Good luck, guys! :)

ElectroDream
04-15-2016, 06:24 AM
I'll blame you if I fail UAS due to this. :rolleyes:

if I ever be a teacher, i'll make all of my students fall into these. Thanks nub

Indicative
04-15-2016, 08:42 PM
I'll blame you if I fail UAS due to this. :rolleyes:

if I ever be a teacher, i'll make all of my students fall into these. Thanks nub

Please don't kill me, senpai. :nope: