PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys tolerate poor pronunciation in a video?

ElectroDream
04-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Just wondering, I want to make a GT challenge video but I'm that pessimist that I think people won't understand what I'm trying to say. .-. Ofc I'll use my voice because editing the text in a vid is so complicated, huehuehue.

Challenge is secret for now, so no one copies me in the span of a month.

Even if I'm gonna do that, FYI, it'll be in a month or so. After my final exams.

Please vote in the poll and say why, or comment on whatever.

Phoenix234
04-15-2016, 12:41 PM
I Do Tolerate Poor Pronounciation im Just Gonna Try To Figure Out what ur saying :D

Its Daniel
04-15-2016, 12:53 PM
Use text-to-speech then. :rolleyes:

ElectroDream
04-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Use text-to-speech then. :rolleyes:

It sounds really bad imo. If that's the only option, I'll do it tho'. :whistling:

GummiBear64
04-15-2016, 01:22 PM
I can abide poor pronunciation in videos if the verbalization is comprehendible. If it is beyond comprehendible then I won't even bother endeavoring to understand it.
But really, for it to be far beyond comprehension for me, you would literally have to be verbalizing some other foreign language as I have had my fair deal of illiterate children whom mispronounce every second word (I have a brother).

JerBoy
04-15-2016, 01:24 PM
I totally tolerate it because I know not everyone can speak English. Good luck with your new vid :rolleyes:

CodeSky
04-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Yeah I tolerate it :D

It doesn't even bug me at all...from your posts I am 100% sure people will understand everything.

Good luck on the video.

GummiBear64
04-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Whats wrong with illiterate children ? They are humans too..
Suddenly.. #ANTI-ILLITERATE ! Anyways, poor pronunciation in a video doesn't really affect the contents of the video itself. So, I tolerate poor pronunciation in a video, I would love to hear your voice. (Praying : "God.. Please make EDream's voice crappy..")

I realised how rude and offensive I came off when I said that and it didn't even come out how I was expecting...

TheTrain
04-15-2016, 01:51 PM
I Live under a rock /troll.
But in all seriousness the guy in the vid might not be the fluent in english but is willing to try for he's viewers, so i can tolerate it.(Unless it is done on purpose)

Frozenpotato_
04-15-2016, 01:57 PM
I pressed no by mistake
Anyways yes, I tolerate it and incourage it the more you do it the better you become at it

Anyways if you are really that worried just practice the hard words I'm sure you can do it!

Meercats
04-15-2016, 01:59 PM
Just wondering, I want to make a GT challenge video but I'm that pessimist that I think people won't understand what I'm trying to say. .-. Ofc I'll use my voice because editing the text in a vid is so complicated, huehuehue.

Even if I'm gonna do that, FYI, it'll be in a month or so. After my final exams.

try recording your own voice and try listening to them i think you will know how good or bad it is

Frozenpotato_
04-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Btw editing text on the screen is really simple you won't have a problem
Unless you want to say a lot of things, then you should talk. Also get a decent mic they can be like 15$ but they break easily

KKcupcake
04-15-2016, 02:16 PM
no.
rushed garbled pronunciation is a no.
crappy pronunciation is a no.
and about sound quality that affects pronunciation...
crappy mics are a no.
the worst, microphones literally i n si de the mouth is disgusting and a NO.

Prolly
04-15-2016, 02:29 PM
GL.

And no, I don't tolerate poor pronouncation, no matter what the content is.

Areodax
04-15-2016, 02:55 PM
I sound like an Indian.

Everyone has their own accents and stuff, so I guess it's tolerable.

DynPlaysGT
04-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Text-to-speech ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DumbOldDoor
04-15-2016, 03:01 PM
I don't even know, I guess I don't. It's just hard to understand and.. idk how to explain but I'm a no.

Your poll looks kinda like you're trying to force people to anwser the first one tbh...

JeremyJack
04-15-2016, 03:02 PM
There wasn't a "Yes" option. Sorry!

JOSHIE63
04-15-2016, 07:26 PM
I would. In fact, it is an odd endearing quirk many people use to their advantage on YouTube. As long as it resembles English, is not exhaustively incomprehensible, and has a general fluency to the syllabic patterns, I frequently translate the message well.

Tonsy
04-15-2016, 07:58 PM

If it's an awesome video with bad prenounciation, I won't mind much.

ElectroDream
04-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Your poll looks kinda like you're trying to force people to anwser the first one tbh...

I love making silly polls, sorry if it looks like so. I need real answers here, not just attention seeking.

- - - Updated - - -

try recording your own voice and try listening to them i think you will know how good or bad it is

I can understand myself, but I live in a country which English isn't the main language. My friends understand whatever I'm babbling about in English, but I don't know about the outside world, y'know. That's why I'm quite pessimistic about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw editing text on the screen is really simple you won't have a problem
Unless you want to say a lot of things, then you should talk. Also get a decent mic they can be like 15$ but they break easily

What I'll have to edit in text:
- intro
- rules of the challenge
- steps
- the plan of completing this challenge

Wait, actually... That's not that much. Except for the rules. :sweatdrop:

DumbOldDoor
04-16-2016, 05:52 AM
Oh yeah, since it's kinda on topic I thought it's time to share my deep dark secret: I absolutely HATE the British accent. I hate it so much. (sowwy britts). This also means I can't stand any YouTuber who speaks with a British accent... I just can't.

GummiBear64
04-16-2016, 05:59 AM
Oh yeah, since it's kinda on topic I thought it's time to share my deep dark secret: I absolutely HATE the British accent. I hate it so much. (sowwy britts). This also means I can't stand any YouTuber who speaks with a British accent... I just can't.

How is that even possible? The British accent is amazing.

ElectroDream
04-16-2016, 06:03 AM

I don't know what's wrong with you doe. It's awesome, just incomprehendible for me. Pure british accent... I can't understand what the guy is saying if he uses that.

I would say which accent I hate except that it's sorta offensive.

IceKane
04-16-2016, 06:23 AM

I like the British accent. It's music to my ears.

Indicative
04-17-2016, 08:38 AM
If you think it's bad, put subtitle, it's not that hard IMO.

Gusto
04-17-2016, 08:51 AM
You can speak in gibberish, but please put effort in your audio quality! ^_^

Notavailable
04-17-2016, 09:00 AM

If u don't want subtitle, just speak it slowly, everyone will understand what u say

Singapore
04-17-2016, 12:34 PM

Nope. Use subtitles.
Well, it actually depends, but it's always good to have text.