Who will vote the most

Anime or
Cartoon

or none of the above
---updated---
omg i forgot the poll :cry:

PolarisHD
04-16-2016, 11:06 AM
You can still add a poll. Just click the Thread Tools thing.

xlightswitch
04-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Cartoon. Definitely cartoon. That way, you can enjoy watching the superior animation without having to tolerate the english dub or bother to read the subtitles.

Xolotl
04-16-2016, 12:24 PM
aren't they the same thing? :rolleyes:

Tempting
04-16-2016, 12:28 PM
aren't they the same thing? :rolleyes:

They're made by different countries.

Anime
Because cartoons usually don't have a progressing plot, except maybe for Ninjago, while almost all animes have progressing plot.
Anime has more art style variations. (Different producers have different animation)
More character depth in anime

grapezzzz19
04-16-2016, 04:20 PM
whats the difference

anime is just asian cartoons.

Saifooo
04-16-2016, 04:22 PM
um... none i guess

Pointer
04-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Anime? Cartoon has an ugly drawin style IMO... Plus, I am hooked into One Piece's story line. 😱

lsaac2
04-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Anime in my head:

A Cartoon with more detail, but less frames.

I prefer cartoons.

Yambo
04-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Watch Attack on Titan.
Its best anime ever,besides Naruto

Feint
04-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Watch Attack on Titan.
Its best anime ever,besides Naruto

troll lmao

Megazork
04-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Or you could like/accept both without being a culturally biased bigot.

Both mediums have their pros and cons.

HerobrineFan
04-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Both.

Cartoon : SU, GF

Anime : OPM, One Piece, etc

SilversoulX
04-17-2016, 03:34 AM
Anime means animation so anime are cartoons. Now don't get butthurt weeaboos.

REGISORD
04-17-2016, 03:54 AM

COREY IN HOUS EEZ MEH FAVORTE ANIMEEEEE!!!!11!!!!!!!

Paintlesss
04-17-2016, 04:02 AM

Anime is specifically refered to as japaneese cartoons. Word origins in this case doesnt define anime as a short way for animation.

JOSHIE63
04-17-2016, 04:14 AM
The only way cartoons are bearable — at least to me — is if it is in comedy (oh god, the five two-letter words). South Park is absolutely hilarious; therefore, it has prospered. Any other cartoon that tries to use plot is just plainly cringeworthy because the themes are simply tropes for prerequisites that should have been emphasized. Personally, a season on the power of friendship with no plot gets a bit monotonous.

Anime I like, but there are just as many drawbacks. To not like an anime, one must see a few episodes to want to end their life. I like the convenience of watching ten minutes of Stephen Universe and deciding to put a bullet right into my frontal lobe. Not to mention the trite humor. Maybe it is a cultural difference, but the humor in character archetypes and scenes are actually uncomfortable or sometimes at a point where it makes me cringe. However, there are exceptional themes, both prominent and underlying, that compliment the show all the way through; the con is how awkward some of them are. Japan is much more accepting of some things, so a lot of times the plot twists are something that makes the viewer realistically uncomfortable.

I do prefer anime over American cartoons though. It is probably the target audience though; finding Dora's grandmother's house on a map got old after the age of thirteen, y'know. I'm a big kid now.

Indicative
04-17-2016, 04:35 AM
I personally think that Anime is better because it has distinct facial expressions, wide variation in physical characteristics and physical features of characters are, on the whole, closer to reality than cartoons.

Notavailable
04-17-2016, 09:25 AM
cartoons have such a simple plot. Plus, it doesn't show deep down inner part as anime.

(amime is also much cheaper to make than cartoon)

(btw, i don't like yaoi....)