PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best rapper currently?

WhiteSmoke
04-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Since I listen to every genre of music out there, and *some* of you guys like Rap, who do you think is the best rapper out there?

Yes, Eminem is great, so is Tupac..
Tupac is dead and Eminem hasn't really released anything since 2014.

J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar, man, they're great.

Recommendations: NSFW.
J. Cole - Wet Dreamz
Jeremih - Planes ft. J. Cole

Kendrick Lamar - Backseat Freestyle
Kendrick Lamar - I
Kendrick Lamar - Alright
Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools

I also like 2Chainz, hate me all you want, but that guy is great.

Panko
04-18-2016, 03:42 PM
I like Futuristic, Tech n9ne, SwizZz, Hopsin, and Krizz Kaliko.

Black pegasus and Jess turner are good too.

OnlyKING0
04-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Chief keef, skippa , da flippa, lil durk , future ,migos

Panko
04-18-2016, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6B90g-_ys

Here is a pretty good cypher that a few of them did, they are all underrated too, you won't regret listening to it.

IceKane
04-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Since I listen to every genre of music out there, and *some* of you guys like Rap, who do you think is the best rapper out there?

Yes, Eminem is great, so is Tupac..
Tupac is dead and Eminem hasn't really released anything since 2014.

J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar, man, they're great.

Recommendations: NSFW.
J. Cole - Wet Dreamz
Jeremih - Planes ft. J. Cole

Kendrick Lamar - Backseat Freestyle
Kendrick Lamar - I
Kendrick Lamar - Alright
Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools

I also like 2Chainz, hate me all you want, but that guy is great.

The Candy Wrapper, obviously. :rolleyes:

(Sorry. Don't kill me pl0x)

Comment
04-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Lil' Dirk, Lil' Herb, Lil' Wayne, damn a lot of little people.

(btw, I heard some of their rap songs and I think these people are decent (idk about Wayne))

TheArctic
04-18-2016, 04:43 PM
The best rapper out there has to be Dancanban

PolarisHD
04-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Matty B.

On a serious note, the only rap songs I listen to is Filthy Frank's.

Knyts
04-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Notorious B.I.G was awesome.
You could listen to Tyler, the creator

NebulaBlast
04-18-2016, 05:45 PM
I don't listen to rap music, check your privilege.

Dinobones62
04-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Put C in front of rap and you get my thought on the genre, it's just talking fast with music.

Panko
04-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Put C in front of rap and you get my thought on the genre, it's just talking fast with music.

Easier said than done

barhoomi
04-18-2016, 06:18 PM

Great, so i'm not the only one who doesn't consider rap as music.

WhiteSmoke
04-18-2016, 06:55 PM
I personally like Future, even if I couldn't understand what he says.
Migos is good, the only song is with Drake. Versace.
Tyler is decent. MGK is OK.
B.I.G was a good rapper.
Eazy-E, his voice is unique, he spit fire.

Rap is good, I love it. I prefer some other genres over rapping most of the times, though.

TheArctic
04-18-2016, 06:57 PM
In all seriousness though, I don't like rap songs.. I like dubstep and electro

Fredi
04-18-2016, 07:05 PM
For those who think it's easy to rap, because it's "just" speaking fast on a beat should try it once. It's hard to be in time while trying to make your voice match the beat so it sounds decent.

To answer your question I'm more into german rap and Eminem is kind of the only english speaking rapper I listen to. I like some songs by MGK, too. Especially the one on the "SAIL" Beat Sample.

Metalwire
04-18-2016, 07:08 PM
For those who think it's easy to rap, because it's "just" speaking fast on a beat should try it once. It's hard to be in time while trying to make your voice match the beat so it sounds decent.

To answer your question I'm more into german rap and Eminem is kind of the only english speaking rapper I listen to. I like some songs by MGK, too. Especially the one on the "SAIL" Beat Sample.
you don't necessarily have to go fast you can go at whatever pace you feel comfortable with as long as it isn't to slow nor to fast,but just right.

Fredi
04-18-2016, 07:09 PM
you don't necessarily have to go fast you can go at whatever pace you feel comfortable with as long as it isn't to slow nor to fast,but just right.

I was referring to some of the previous posts.

Metalwire
04-18-2016, 07:11 PM
I was referring to some of the previous posts.
I was generalising

WhiteSmoke
04-18-2016, 07:22 PM

J. Cole is pretty chill with his rap.

JOSHIE63
04-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Childish Gambino has serious talent. I thought Cole and Kendrick were good, but then I dove deeper than his albums and found some great lines. He has a deeper, more emotive and introspective feel to his songs, which makes for great setups for impactful verses.

Odd Future is just hilarious. They never take an interview or freestyle seriously. Tyler and Earl also make produce some complex lyrics and obscurantism to masquerade their meaning with double entendres and puns.

Chance the Rapper would be up there, but he only has a mixtape at the moment. Kanye is good too, just too ambitious in trying new sounds. Graduation was perfect; that does not happen with him anymore.

Also, a misconception about Eminem is that he sold because he was good. If one looks at the culture, no white rapper at that time was nearly commercially successful as him — implying that there were two or three — that could initiate white people into the genre. Supporters in "white" music were actually supportive, unlike the critical black population. He just had more support regardless of whether people liked him or not.

WhiteSmoke
04-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Waiting for a Fetty Wap fan to come up.
'OMG FETTY IS GREAT.

@Joshie, about the Eminem part, him being successful because he's the only 'white rapper', but you gotta admit, the man can rhyme.

Panko
04-18-2016, 11:20 PM
Waiting for a Fetty Wap fan to come up.
'OMG FETTY IS GREAT.

@Joshie, about the Eminem part, him being successful because he's the only 'white rapper', but you gotta admit, the man can rhyme.

Can't stand Fetty tbh.