PDA

View Full Version : What a Massacre.

Comment
04-18-2016, 04:36 PM
My dad changed the freaking password to my account and now I have to ask HIM for permission (sooner or later I will live in my friend's house until we are finished with the project-game were making). Now, whenever I quote something, I have to ask HIM for permission. Like Windows think that by quoting something its watching some of those "adult content" that has set in my computer.

How can I take this off because even I can't control my own laptop (my dad is very safety about cyberbullying I guess I understand a bit)

iDupe
04-18-2016, 04:41 PM
My dad changed the freaking password to my account and now I have to ask HIM for permission (sooner or later I will live in my friend's house until we are finished with the project-game were making). Now, whenever I quote something, I have to ask HIM for permission. Like Windows think that by quoting something its watching some of those "adult content" that has set in my computer.

How can I take this off because even I can't control my own laptop (my dad is very safety about cyberbullying I guess I understand a bit)

Overprotective dads are never bad. Just live with it as long as u get your own roof above you're head.
He's just trying to make your life safer.

IceKane
04-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Overprotective dads are never bad. Just live with it as long as u get your own roof above you're head.
He's just trying to make your life safer.

But it is a bit overboard in my opinion. Or maybe it's just me.

peck
04-18-2016, 05:01 PM
My parents did the same thing when I was about 12 or 13. Except they did it just because they enjoyed the power, not "my safety" in particular. I was smart enough as a child to not give them any attention for it, and they stopped about 8 months later when they decided it wasnt worth their $90 a month for child monitoring software.

As for you it sounds like they actually care, and you're not able to do anything without them noticing. So for you its all in rebellion or ride with it.

Tohru
04-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Just explain to him about how you feel about it, simple. I know it may not seem like a good solution, but you can ask him about monitoring CERTAIN websites rather than others that are already known to be safe. For example, if there is a certain website that contains many random chat rooms, he could block it by scripting it or by using a program.

It is another solution to do so, but you know, other people are subject to cyber-bullying and identity theft, and he is just trying to keep you safe. To be honest, my parents trust me enough not to monitor my activity, but they will snoop around my apps sometimes so I have to be careful. Good luck, fellow forumer.

ScptrX
04-18-2016, 06:34 PM

You can change your own password if you are logged in, right? Why not do that?

Frozenpotato_
04-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Depends on how old are you
I'm 16 and my dad has been very protective u till I reached the age of 15 then he didn't care anymore

If it says "this site is blocked for adult conten" try using VPN (I'm 43% sure this will work)

If it dosent well you can always talk to him which can be hard but it's necessary.