PDA

View Full Version : Question for the smart people

The Cookie
04-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Alright look at this digital clock, both the turned on and off.
There are THREE LED lights placed inside. Yellow, Red and Green. The ones we can see right now are green and red though. They are in a position of a triangle.
.....[RED LIGHT].....
[GREEN] [YELLOW]
http://i.imgur.com/z7EXOhf.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/cqdQZbz.jpg
Alright so as you can see on the left image, there are green and red stars and other shapes that appear on the wall.

We determined a hole in a form of a star that the light passes through.
The green light passes through that hole which makes us see a green star. Without the green light, the star won't show at night.

Now the question is:
Why is it that the green light is the only one that can make the star appear? Why can't the red light make it?
You see as I said before, even if the red light is on but the green light is off, the star won't appear and it will only appear as green. Why is it that the red light can't make the star become visible at night?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you have that item in your house
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME via pm.

Thanks

dancanban
04-19-2016, 01:27 PM
a filter???

The Cookie
04-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Oh I forgot to say, I don't know the answer to this and I'm trying to figure it out too. So you can just keep throwing me answers or speculations but please think of it too. Throw me possibilities on this matter and maybe I can think of a way that it can be applied. Thanks!

JeremyJack
04-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Then technically you aren't smart either :P

The Cookie
04-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Then technically you aren't smart either :P

I didn't mention anything about me being smart

JeremyJack
04-19-2016, 01:35 PM
I didn't mention anything about me being smart

I was only joking. I thought you could figure that out by the ":P"

The Cookie
04-19-2016, 01:40 PM
I was only joking. I thought you could figure that out by the ":P"

You didn't mention that you're joking.

jk

NUBBERZ
04-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Hm...
Since there is also a yellow light being used...
If we look here (note: this is used when mixing colours of light, not paint or anything like that), green + red make yellow.
When we mix yellow and red, it could possibly change the colour back to green; hence, why the red light won't show up.

Also, I kind of had a hard time understanding the question, so I'm not sure if this is the answer that you're looking for...

The Cookie
04-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Hm...
Since there is also a yellow light being used...
If we look here (note: this is used when mixing colours of light, not paint or anything like that), green + red make yellow.
When we mix yellow and red, it could possibly change the colour back to green; hence, why the red light won't show up.

Also, I kind of had a hard time understanding the question, so I'm not sure if this is the answer that you're looking for...

You have a very good point right there but
"When we mix yellow and red, it could possibly change the colour back to green"
Red+Yellow would be something close to orange I think. Anyway what you were saying is "possibly" so yeah
That's a very nice point though

Ehhh are there two colors that would turn green if mixed??? :confused:

NUBBERZ
04-19-2016, 01:48 PM
You have a very good point right there but
"When we mix yellow and red, it could possibly change the colour back to green"
Red+Yellow would be something close to orange I think. Anyway what you were saying is "possibly" so yeah
That's a very nice point though

Ehhh are there two colors that would turn green if mixed??? :confused:

In the case of mixing paint or coloured clay, yes, the colour would be orange.
But we are talking about light. Of this were like paint, red + green would have made a brownish colour...
Mixing yellow and red (using light) would make a kind of yellow-green colour or just green.

Note:
Paint (or anything like that): Mixing all colours would make a weird, black colour.
Light: Mixing all colours would make white.

The Cookie
04-19-2016, 01:52 PM
In the case of mixing paint or coloured clay, yes, the colour would be orange.
But we are talking about light. Of this were like paint, red + green would have made a brownish colour...
Mixing yellow and red (using light) would make a kind of yellow-green colour or just green.

Note:
Paint (or anything like that): Mixing all colours would make a weird, black colour.
Light: Mixing all colours would make white.
So I searched about mixing colors of light on google lol I thought you made the photo you posted

On the other hand, that's a new interesting thing. (Paint and light colors)

TheArctic
04-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Alright look at this digital clock, both the turned on and off.
There are THREE LED lights placed inside. Yellow, Red and Green. The ones we can see right now are green and red though. They are in a position of a triangle.
.....[RED LIGHT].....
[GREEN] [YELLOW]
http://i.imgur.com/z7EXOhf.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/cqdQZbz.jpg
Alright so as you can see on the left image, there are green and red stars and other shapes that appear on the wall.

We determined a hole in a form of a star that the light passes through.
The green light passes through that hole which makes us see a green star. Without the green light, the star won't show at night.

Now the question is:
Why is it that the green light is the only one that can make the star appear? Why can't the red light make it?
You see as I said before, even if the red light is on but the green light is off, the star won't appear and it will only appear as green. Why is it that the red light can't make the star become visible at night?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you have that item in your house
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME via pm.

Thanks

I think its because of the colors and how bright they are. The lightbulb could be dead, or the colors just don't show up. By the way, I can't see the top two pics, so I'm going off pure guesswork

The Cookie
04-20-2016, 04:05 AM
I think its because of the colors and how bright they are. The lightbulb could be dead, or the colors just don't show up. By the way, I can't see the top two pics, so I'm going off pure guesswork

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

The Cookie
04-20-2016, 04:19 AM
Indeed.....

now i need to understand