PDA

View Full Version : If You Want Your Forum To Be Lively Again, Seth

xlightswitch
04-23-2016, 12:07 AM
If you want the forum, YOUR forum, to be lively again as it used to be in the good old days, Seth, I suggest you resurrect the Drama sub-forum. However, unlike before, the Drama sub-forum should not be under the Growtopia forum. It should be something similar to the tavern; a forum of its own.

The forum is a dull place with the disappearance of the Drama sub-forum.

ULTRA ASIAN
04-23-2016, 12:12 AM
Yes we need this.

dancanban
04-23-2016, 12:12 AM
YES YES YES YES

Trolled
04-23-2016, 12:16 AM
I think its Mama Solorien who decided it. Tell that to her.

raqk
04-23-2016, 12:19 AM
+1 should add a poll

_CM
04-23-2016, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't mind having it back. I want the forum something else besides being a Trading Center.

xlightswitch
04-23-2016, 12:22 AM
added a poll

JerBoy
04-23-2016, 12:24 AM
YEAH YEAH YEAH!

ImAPogo
04-23-2016, 12:26 AM
We really need this!

Indicative
04-23-2016, 12:41 AM
This forum is NOT for starting drama or making personal attacks on other community members. Posts designed to attack other community members, stir up drama, or disrupt the intended use of the Growtopia forums will be deleted without warning.

It's stated in the forum rules. If you want drama, go to the other forums.

raqk
04-23-2016, 12:44 AM

The rules can change...

Indicative
04-23-2016, 12:51 AM
The rules can change...

I'm sure the drama thread will be filled by threads that singling out players. Singling out a player BY NAME (through pictures, through "hinting", or by posting their name out loud) will result in a forumer infraction. Criticizing other players (Claiming to know how one person made their riches by scamming, spreading rumors, calling someone a scammer/hacker/etc) is bullying, whether you realize it or not.

ElectroDream
04-23-2016, 12:57 AM

Well, then it's not wrong to make a forum and discuss drama there. I've got a lot to talk about since that sub-forum disappeared. :rolleyes:

xlightswitch
04-23-2016, 01:05 AM
I'm sure the drama thread will be filled by threads that singling out players. Singling out a player BY NAME (through pictures, through "hinting", or by posting their name out loud) will result in a forumer infraction. Criticizing other players (Claiming to know how one person made their riches by scamming, spreading rumors, calling someone a scammer/hacker/etc) is bullying, whether you realize it or not.
Then make it a rule so that they cannot single out other players. When I said 'drama', I meant those debates and argument types of drama.

Indicative
04-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Then make it a rule so that they cannot single out other players. When I said 'drama', I meant those debates and argument types of drama.

That is discussion. Drama is a whole different thing.

There's a huge difference between "drama" and "discussion". There's a huge difference between "drama" and "debate". I really really wish everyone would realize that.

Definition

a state, situation, or series of events involving interesting or intense conflict of forces

making a big deal over something unneccessarily

Areodax
04-23-2016, 01:18 AM
As much as I'd love to welcome it back, it's just gonna be filled to the brim with constant reports from a new forumer about some stupid, insignificant "scammer." Hell, I bet most of it would just involve virtual items. Some of us will take the drama out of context and start an even bigger issue.

I don't this is the way to make this forum lively again imo.

Christopher
04-23-2016, 01:22 AM
You can't even say someone's name because you'll be breaking the rules for bullying.

Like if a nub made a forum account and explains how *someone* bullied them for the last 3 months when playing growtopia, and they mention their name and THEIR thread gets deleted for bullying.

I think its Mama Solorien who decided it. Tell that to her.
Oh so it's her forum?

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao, when I say drama, I mean drama. There's a big difference. Debating is still allowed

🐉 Dragon 🐉
04-23-2016, 01:22 AM
JUST JEW... I mean JUST DO IT!

JOSHIE63
04-23-2016, 02:21 AM
As much as I'd love to welcome it back, it's just gonna be filled to the brim with constant reports from a new forumer about some stupid, insignificant "scammer." Hell, I bet most of it would just involve virtual items. Some of us will take the drama out of context and start an even bigger issue.

I don't this is the way to make this forum lively again imo.

+1

Anyone who was here in 2013-2014 saw the drama section devolve into paltry issues and blind bandwagons whenever someone was a "scammer." It is irrefutable at this point that bringing a sub-forum specifically for "civilized debate" wherein the topics contained in it broach controversial idiocy and no actual topic would mar the system that is running in coordination with the newer forumers now.

Venus
04-23-2016, 02:23 AM
+1

Anyone who was here in 2013-2014 saw the drama section devolve into paltry issues and blind bandwagons whenever someone was a "scammer." It is irrefutable at this point that bringing a sub-forum specifically for "civilized debate" wherein the topics contained in it broach controversial idiocy and no actual topic would mar the system that is running in coordination with the newer forumers now.

Yas then there was the political debate and crap Really don't like the old days then

_CM
04-23-2016, 02:27 AM
Yas then there was the political debate and crap Really don't like the old days then

We had political debates in 2014? I don't know how that works but okay.

Venus
04-23-2016, 02:28 AM
We had political debates in 2014? I don't know how that works but okay.

Yas even more racism and stuff

Noisia
04-23-2016, 09:30 AM
We need a TK69 2.0. Screepy 2.0. All the drama back in the day.

phoria
04-23-2016, 09:41 AM

> screepy
> drama

kek

Indicative
04-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Speaking of drama, I still remember the drama about someone who has cancer and make a thread about it everyday. At the end, she's actually fine.

Screepy? No please no.

Areodax
04-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Speaking of drama, I still remember the drama about someone who has cancer and make a thread about it everyday. At the end, she's actually fine.

Screepy? No please no.

Ah, you mean MySpice.

That was one heck of a ride.

ambiguster
04-23-2016, 10:11 AM
I thought Dramas was one of the Reasons that made the Forums Toxic.

'eh Singling out other people, they said.

Why would you bring it back? Want the devs to Hire Crowd Control?

QwertyNox101
04-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Great, now I can post about Trump VS. Bern :yeah:

xlightswitch
04-23-2016, 11:14 AM

Screepy? No please no.
Hahaha.

Day 1:
I have cancer.

Day 2:
I still have cancer.

Day 3:
Whoa, I'm fine now.