PDA

View Full Version : Goverment SHUTDOWN

DeathAngelz
10-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Who else has heard the word. Our goverment has SHUTDOWN D:
(I know why So don't think i don't :p)

Boomer
10-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Good! We don't need those corrupt turds telling us when to wipe our butts.

trice
10-01-2013, 08:36 PM

That's a bad word. Reframe from using it!

Boomer
10-01-2013, 08:42 PM
That's a bad word. Refrain from using it!

Turd=poop. I see nothing wrong with it.

trice
10-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Turd=poop. I see nothing wrong with it.

Oh god. I looked that up. What has been seem, can not be unseen!

DeathAngelz
10-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Isn't schools apart of the gov
THEN THAT MEANS WE DON'T HAVE TO GOTO SCHOOL :')

Boomer
10-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Oh god. I looked that up. What has been seem, can not be unseen!

Oh you mean this: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130701113427/theamazingworldofgumball/images/thumb/f/f9/Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046.png/1024px-Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046.png

Swertip
10-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I think the same thing happened 17 years ago?...

Iguana
10-01-2013, 09:28 PM
That's a bad word. Reframe from using it!

He said turd. Calm down dude, my teachers even swear sometimes. (Not really bad swears.)

Rabidpotato
10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Isn't schools apart of the gov
THEN THAT MEANS WE DON'T HAVE TO GOTO SCHOOL :')

If only that was true... Ya know gta hehehe :3

trice
10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
He said turd. Calm down dude, my teachers even swear sometimes. (Not really bad swears.)

Oh. I made a mistake. A teacher of mine sent a kid to the principals for using that. I am such a turd.

syrup
10-01-2013, 10:31 PM
The government had insufficient funds to keep everything running, it will really effect federal workers. How long are going to keep borrowing from china? :nope:

trice
10-01-2013, 10:33 PM
The government had insufficient funds to keep everything running, it will really effect federal workers. How long are going to keep borrowing from china? :nope:

Do we not pay China?

syrup
10-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Do we not pay China?

Yes, but most of the time we cannot make ends meet, hence one of the reasons why he government will shut down.

trice
10-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Yes, but most of the time we cannot make ends meet, hence one of the reasons why he government will shut down.

Is it on the news? I need to get off of Growtopia!

Caleb Parky
10-01-2013, 11:01 PM
The US is still debating its funds. A recent poll showed that many americans would rather not have ObamaCare than to close the government. and even if the US was closed, they would be in debt to manufacturers in china, AND essential programs such as schools, the CIA, the airport, and whatnot, wouldnt be shutdown.

Cade83
10-01-2013, 11:32 PM
And people wonder why I dislike Obama... If he hadn't screwed up, our government would most likely still be up and running. Everyone who had a job run by the government couldn't work today. They received no pay. I have friends where both their parents are doctors, and since they're payed by the government, they couldn't work. They receive no money. Obama definitely messed up.

I-Am-Legend
10-01-2013, 11:47 PM
It's the federal government that got shut down, not the government that funds schools and collects taxes.

Timewarper
10-02-2013, 12:00 AM
It's the federal government that got shut down, not the government that funds schools and collects taxes.

That means no more SOPA right? I know it's bad, but SOPA would be ONE good reason why....

raqk
10-02-2013, 12:07 AM
if all governments in the u.s shut down, could someone (me) claim the u.s?

(defiantly not my evil plan to take over the world :sweatdrop: )

syrup
10-02-2013, 12:11 AM
if all governments in the u.s shut down, could someone (me) claim the u.s?

(defiantly not my evil plan to take over the world :sweatdrop: )

I'm guessing they would have a plan for that already, if all government systems in the U.S shut down, they might just be still under control but inactive, but then who will collect taxes? Taxes pay for Police force/Firefighters/Teachers, without that, all havoc will take place.

trice
10-02-2013, 12:24 AM
And people wonder why I dislike Obama... If he hadn't screwed up, our government would most likely still be up and running. Everyone who had a job run by the government couldn't work today. They received no pay. I have friends where both their parents are doctors, and since they're payed by the government, they couldn't work. They receive no money. Obama definitely messed up.

Obama is doing his job, it's just being president is tough. I don't want to be racist, but when he was elected the internet was full of "I'm suprised the white house isn't black!"

1,000th POST!

Iguana
10-02-2013, 01:32 AM

He didn't "Mess up". He tried to recover what Bush left us with. If Bush wasn't ever a president, you would see Obama completely differently. Even before Obama was elected he stated that it'll take 8 years just to clear up what he's left us with. And even now, people are looking at ObamaCare as a bad thing. No, completely wrong. It'd be saving families hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Republic and Democracy did not make a deal and hence, the shutdown of the government. It's funny what the Republic can try to put into your mind, isn't it? Now they're trying to abolish Obamacare so it doesn't make the Republic look stupid that they haven't passed Obamacare already.

I-Am-Legend
10-02-2013, 01:42 AM
He didn't "Mess up". He tried to recover what Bush left us with. If Bush wasn't ever a president, you would see Obama completely differently. Even before Obama was elected he stated that it'll take 8 years just to clear up what he's left us with. And even now, people are looking at ObamaCare as a bad thing. No, completely wrong. It'd be saving families hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Republic and Democracy did not make a deal and hence, the shutdown of the government. It's funny what the Republic can try to put into your mind, isn't it? Now they're trying to abolish Obamacare so it doesn't make the Republic look stupid that they haven't passed Obamacare already.
Bush left us with two wars that did not have to be started.

KillerXD
10-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Who else has heard the word. Our goverment has SHUTDOWN D:
(I know why So don't think i don't :p)

Which would lead to violent mobs of muggers and other countries taking advantage of free space, meh, you might want to move if the government corrupts or shutdown completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Bush left us with two wars that did not have to be started.

Which is against Osama Bin Laden. Which was important, considering what happened during 9/11.

SlaSHadow
10-02-2013, 01:44 AM

ObamaCare is bad for small businesses. Owners pay more for worker's Health Insurance than their salaries. It'd be saving money for people who sit on their butts all day and don't have a job. All workers / business owners are getting really financially messed up over this. I understand George Bush Jr. left us with a really bad economy, but it's worse now, if anything.

Anyhow, for people that don't know what's happening (or pretend they do), here is what you can and can not do.

If you are one of 800,000 Federal Government employees, you can not be paid.
You can not visit a National Park, or Museum.
We can not pay military personnel.
Congress can be paid.
You can not become a patient to the National Institutes of Health or change your health care plan.
NASA is shut down (shame).
You can still receive mail.
Nobody is monitoring air or water quality, and there are no oil pollution regulations in affect.
You CAN NOT commit crimes. The police are still on-duty.
You can go to school.
It's that bad. Oh, America, not as good as before. Never great.

Iguana
10-02-2013, 01:48 AM
ObamaCare is bad for small businesses. Owners pay more for worker's Health Insurance than their salaries. It'd be saving money for people who sit on their butts all day and don't have a job. All workers / business owners are getting really financially messed up over this. I understand George Bush Jr. left us with a really bad economy, but it's worse now, if anything.

Anyhow, for people that don't know what's happening (or pretend they do), here is what you can and can not do.

Congress can be paid.
You can not become a patient to the National Institutes of Health or change your health care plan.
Nobody is monitoring air or water quality, and there are no oil pollution regulations in affect.
You can go to school.

America will never be as great as it has been. I get that small business owners will be affected by it. But the majority over the US is that we don't own businesses as much. It is a shame that NASA has been shut down, we were so close to finding what was believed to be water on mars.

Bob Will
10-02-2013, 01:49 AM

Congress can be paid.
You can go to school.

Military is being payed but the rest is true

I-Am-Legend
10-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Which would lead to violent mobs of muggers and other countries taking advantage of free space, meh, you might want to move if the government corrupts or shutdown completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is against Osama Bin Laden. Which was important, considering what happened during 9/11.A whole war wasn't necessary because of 9/11. That's the way I see it from a non-patriot eyes.

KillerXD
10-02-2013, 01:53 AM
America will never be as great as it has been. I get that small business owners will be affected by it. But the majority over the US is that we don't own businesses as much. It is a shame that NASA has been shut down, we were so close to finding what was believed to be water on mars.

There IS water on Mars. It's in the polar ice caps and in the dirt itself. They plan to send astronauts on the Red Planet in the future.

Morphieus
10-02-2013, 02:07 AM

I am in fear of this as well, I heard about them possibly still paying us(military) but not sure if it went through

Bob Will
10-02-2013, 02:47 AM
I am in fear of this as well, I heard about them possibly still paying us(military) but not sure if it went through

They will pay you this month after that no pay sorry :(

najimac
10-02-2013, 10:54 AM

Congress can be paid.
You can go to school.
NASA Got shutdown?
It'll Be a nightmare if it got shutdown :(
Anyways I kinda Dislike Obama ö

Morphieus
10-02-2013, 01:20 PM
NASA Got shutdown?
It'll Be a nightmare if it got shutdown :(
Anyways I kinda Dislike Obama ö

NASA pretty much been over for about 3 Years, anyway I found out the whole Job thing about the government shutdown. The rule of thumb is anyone who relates to national security still gets paid(Me :P) So basically you still get paid if you hold secrets of the government. But if you just fix the copy machine or get coffee, you are no longer going to be paid.

Timewarper
10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
NASA pretty much been over for about 3 Years, anyway I found out the whole Job thing about the government shutdown. The rule of thumb is anyone who relates to national security still gets paid(Me :P) So basically you still get paid if you hold secrets of the government. But if you just fix the copy machine or get coffee, you are no longer going to be paid.

Ahh, NASA, my dream to be one....that sucks.

CreaterZ
10-02-2013, 01:49 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Which is against Osama Bin Laden. Which was important, considering what happened during 9/11.

Yeah... Against one person.
More like dishing out freedom and democracy withthe fee of oils.

DeBest
10-02-2013, 03:37 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. The war weren't mainly about 9/11. They were against Saddam Hussien because he was "evil". It's ironic because US and Iraq used to be partners back when Ronald Reagan was president. Because Iraq refused to give US oil, they started propaganda against Saddam calling him a Dictator and what not.

The Afghan war was about American against the Taliban. They didn't do a good job though. They caused millions of US and Afghan deaths, and gained nothing at all. Except the assassination of Osama. So let me ask you this, was it worth it all????

ADMex1
10-02-2013, 09:28 PM

Bush started it. Obama came into a royal :poop:storm. If Rommney was President, we'd be at war with "The Bad Guys".

DeathAngelz
10-03-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm guessing they would have a plan for that already, if all government systems in the U.S shut down, they might just be still under control but inactive, but then who will collect taxes? Taxes pay for Police force/Firefighters/Teachers, without that, all havoc will take place.
Hunger games ? :D