PDA

View Full Version : Should i go through with this?

XxSian123xX
04-23-2016, 11:42 AM
i have a deviated septum [like my nose is blocked all the time] its very hard to breath through my nose and i might need surgery should i have it in a week or a year or so [the medicine i tried never worked] and I'm only 10 and ive never had surgery so I'm scared. has enyone else had septoplasty surgery? if so what do they do?

this is what a nose with a deviated septum looks like https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&pid=3.1&rm=2[/url

[url]http://www.webmd.com/allergies/deviated-septum some facts

Some risks:

Bleeding

Infection

Hole [Perforation] of the septum

Loss of the ability to smell

MBG090
04-23-2016, 11:43 AM
I think you should do it.
Nowadays doctors know what they're doing.

XxSian123xX
04-23-2016, 11:44 AM
I think you should do it.
Nowadays doctors know what they're doing.

Hmmm ok its just ive never had surgery or broke a bone or anything so I'm quite scared

Trolled
04-23-2016, 11:46 AM
They probably use Anesthesia for surgery so you won't feel much. At most you'll die.

dont take it too seriously. im scared something will happen too.

MBG090
04-23-2016, 11:46 AM
Hmmm ok its just ive never had surgery or broke a bone or anything so I'm quite scared

Don't worry, a few years ago (I was 6) I had to get ear surgery (they had to pin my ears back) and I had to wear some weird head cast thing that looked like a turban.
Only thing that scared me was that when I woke up, my voice was COMPLETELY gone and it sounded as if my glands were really, really swolen.
It stopped after a few hours after that and now everything is normal.

XxSian123xX
04-23-2016, 11:47 AM
Don't worry, a few years ago (I was 6) I had to get ear surgery (they had to pin my ears back) and I had to wear some weird head cast thing that looked like a turban.
Only thing that scared me was that when I woke up, my voice was COMPLETELY gone and it sounded as if my glands were really, really swolen.
It stopped after a few hours after that and now everything is normal.

Oh ok thanks lol i wont be able to talk for a while lol that's gonna be funny xD

MBG090
04-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Oh ok thanks lol i wont be able to talk for a while lol that's gonna be funny xD

It was probably some effect with the anesthetic that they used.

XxSian123xX
04-23-2016, 11:54 AM

ill maybe do it in a week for now I'm gonna research it. hey wanna add me as friend in gt? my name is sian123 msg me

- - - Updated - - -

oh I'm more scared now i read the link with the facts that i put it says its rare but if i sleep i could possibly stop breathing :(:cry::nope:

- - - Updated - - -

i get bullied at school because my voice sounds blocked/stuffed up...

Playerdereclaim
04-23-2016, 11:58 AM
i have a deviated septum [like my nose is blocked all the time] its very hard to breath through my nose and i might need surgery should i have it in a week or a year or so [the medicine i tried never worked] and I'm only 10 and ive never had surgery so I'm scared. has enyone else had septoplasty surgery? if so what do they do?

this is what a nose with a deviated septum looks like https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&pid=3.1&rm=2

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/deviated-septum some facts

Just do it, I had many surgerys and they are not bad, the worst is the recovery not the actual surgery

XxSian123xX
04-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Just do it, I had many surgerys and they are not bad, the worst is the recovery not the actual surgery

whats the recovery like for this surgery? the one i need

GTDanielD
04-23-2016, 12:11 PM
You definitely do NOT deserve to go through all of this. However, even though you don't deserve it, you MUST. It's actually good that you're only 10 when you plan to undergo surgery, because if you go in later years, boy. I don't even know how much suffering you'll take.

Don't worry, they'll use aanesthesia during your surgery so you won't feel much. And, like the other dudes above stated, it's the recovery process you'd have a hard time with, not the surgery itself. :)

Good luck, sweetie. :)

Growth
04-23-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm 10 too! Great to know that another young boy/girl is in the forums.

And - oh, my dad (a doctor) said that the pain comes AFTER the surgery, if it's just a nose surgery even the worst case scenario won't be death except the doctors are some 4 years old being allowed to perform surgeries, chill. Also, good luck with handling it, yes, surgery is recommended if it bothers you and medicines won't work. Asking an experienced adult or a doctor (if your parents is friends with one it should be no biggie) would be recommended too.

xlightswitch
04-23-2016, 12:27 PM
They'll put you to sleep, don't worry.

bagel124
04-23-2016, 12:37 PM
It's good that you're getting it fixed now, as it can lead to future problems. The surgery itself doesn't hurt, the recovery may hurt a bit.

XxSian123xX
04-23-2016, 12:54 PM
You definitely do NOT deserve to go through all of this. However, even though you don't deserve it, you MUST. It's actually good that you're only 10 when you plan to undergo surgery, because if you go in later years, boy. I don't even know how much suffering you'll take.

Don't worry, they'll use aanesthesia during your surgery so you won't feel much. And, like the other dudes above stated, it's the recovery process you'd have a hard time with, not the surgery itself. :)

Good luck, sweetie. :)

oh okie thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 10 too! Great to know that another young boy/girl is in the forums.

And - oh, my dad (a doctor) said that the pain comes AFTER the surgery, if it's just a nose surgery even the worst case scenario won't be death except the doctors are some 4 years old being allowed to perform surgeries, chill. Also, good luck with handling it, yes, surgery is recommended if it bothers you and medicines won't work. Asking an experienced adult or a doctor (if your parents is friends with one it should be no biggie) would be recommended too.

my mum might know a doctor my mum is a pharmacist : D

- - - Updated - - -

They'll put you to sleep, don't worry.

you mean under anisthetic putting someone to sleep is like killing them...

- - - Updated - - -

It's good that you're getting it fixed now, as it can lead to future problems. The surgery itself doesn't hurt, the recovery may hurt a bit.

Hmmm okay thx

Pointer
04-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Aww, don't worry I have went through some tooth surgery lol. Might not be dat bad...

I have a friend who is a DBer and she gets ton of metal plates to fix her broken bones. She said that surgeries aren't that painful.. What sucks is that you can't do many stuffs after the surgery..

On the side note, I envy these 10 year olds.. My account got locked because I was not 13 before.. :cry:

ImAPogo
04-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Dont worry

There's even worse.

You're uh,surgery..is uh,"normal"

XxSian123xX
04-24-2016, 12:04 PM
BUMPPPPINGGG [ I think ill have it next week but I'm still really really scared ]

Singapore
04-24-2016, 12:05 PM
BUMPPPPINGGG [ I think ill have it next week but I'm still really really scared ]

Lol this has happened to me until I was 11.

Metalwire
04-24-2016, 12:07 PM

this is what a nose with a deviated septum looks like https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&pid=3.1&rm=2

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/deviated-septum some facts
It wouldn't be that hard of a surgery but age wouldn't matter at this case I'm pretty sure Doctors can handle it.

XxSian123xX
04-24-2016, 12:13 PM
It wouldn't be that hard of a surgery but age wouldn't matter at this case I'm pretty sure Doctors can handle it.

its says you have to be 15 to have the surgery but my doctor said I can have it while I'm young

Lionex01
04-24-2016, 12:18 PM
You'll be fine, best thing you can do is to stop worrying about it and let it happen. What's so bad about getting better?

XxSian123xX
04-24-2016, 12:20 PM
You'll be fine, best thing you can do is to stop worrying about it and let it happen. What's so bad about getting better?

theres risks :

bleeding

infection

hole in septum

loss of smell

that's why

Lionex01
04-24-2016, 12:22 PM
theres risks :

bleeding

infection

hole in septum

loss of smell

that's why

You can either take that small risk or live with that septum all your life

Just did a quick look up and considering you're 10 it might be better to have it later on as your nose might outgrow the surgery.

XxSian123xX
04-24-2016, 12:24 PM

but I'm too young to die : [ I'm rlly scared though what if I die I have no friends? I'm gonna die without even 1 friend god that's sad : [

Lionex01
04-24-2016, 12:25 PM
but I'm too young to die : [ I'm rlly scared though what if I die I have no friends? I'm gonna die without even 1 friend god that's sad : [

You have us

XxSian123xX
04-24-2016, 12:26 PM
You have us

really???? awww thanks I feel so much better now!! : ] :cry: tears of joy :):o:rolleyes::D:hug:

xlightswitch
04-24-2016, 12:32 PM
you can't die from a nose surgery (I think)

Phoenix234
04-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Empty reply (edited for some umm.... disturbing reasons)

xlightswitch
04-24-2016, 12:39 PM
My doctor said the nose is near to the heart i almost died from nose u know? cuz i got a slice on my nose :sweatdrop: But hey my slice is cured so i think u have 75% of dying from the surgery cuz My doctor said the nose is near to the heart (is my doctor even saying the truth?:scratch:)
Wow. You sure do bring joy to the table, telling the OP that he has a 75% chance of dying.

Phoenix234
04-24-2016, 12:40 PM
Wow. You sure do bring joy to the table, telling the OP that he has a 75% chance of dying.

Oh Boy,i dont know if my doctor is lying or not 75% Chance meh is this true or not?

XxSian123xX
04-24-2016, 01:42 PM

Just did a quick look up and considering you're 10 it might be better to have it later on as your nose might outgrow the surgery.

some forumers said its better to have the surgery while I'm young since it can lead to future problems

CheezeBerry
04-24-2016, 02:47 PM

this is what a nose with a deviated septum looks like https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&pid=3.1&rm=2[/url

[url]http://www.webmd.com/allergies/deviated-septum some facts

Some risks:

Bleeding

Infection

Hole [Perforation] of the septum

Loss of the ability to smell

Better be safe than sorry.

XxSian123xX
04-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Better be safe than sorry.

Meh good point