PDA

View Full Version : A Recommendation For An Interesting Show

Tempting
04-23-2016, 04:31 PM
First off, yes, this is an anime. If you're gonna say some stupid comment like 'anime is trash; weeb; watch Boku no Pico instead, then please don't.
Secondly, I am not trying to do this:
I'm not forcing you to watch anything.
I'm simply recommending something I think people would find interesting.

The show I would like to recommend... has a fairly long name (Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigattieru), so I'll just use the community abbreviation (Oregairu) (Please bear with it). The show is about a highschooler who believes that youth is a farce. He is a 'loner', and not like 'my past was terrible, and my friends and family didn't like me'. It's more like 'everybody else is wasting away their lives, while I'm here doing things my way'. He has a pretty crappy attitude, but he ends up being pretty badass, with at least 70 quotes being worthy of being said, such as

The Devil's finest trick is to persuade you that he does not exist

It's arrogant to think just saying things out loud is enough. Self-gratifying on the part of the speaker, and conceited on the part of the listener. You won't always come to an understanding by talking things out.

So long as a problem doesn't cause problems, it can't be called a problem.

The other 80 or so can be found here.
http://www.less-real.com/quotes/search/Hikigaya%20Hachiman?p=1

There are also a lot of strange characters which I won't talk about here.

The link to watch this is in my signature, and probably always will be, and the picture under the link is a picture of the main character that I use as an avatar. (He should be my forum avatar currently too). I've watched this show many times through, and I think you'll at least enjoy the main character, if not the main show.

A Few Disclaimers:
-This is made by Japan, so if there is like 12 or so references to sexual related content in 24 episodes, then that's not my problem. It's an anime, what can you expect.
-There is cursing (in the first episode too), if that is what you're worried about
-The art style is different in season 1 and 2
-There is no dubbed voices, meaning you'll either watch with subtitles, or just not watch it at all
-As it says in the full title of the show (Love Comedy) this is a love Comedy, but that aspect comes on later in the show, only slightly

Enjoy. I guess.

EDIT: I didn't notice the attached images. The top image is the season 1 art style, and the bottom one in the season 2 art style. The guy is the main character.

JOSHIE63
04-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Sounds good enough. I will give it a chance. I recently finished Sakurasou no pet na konojo (whether it is even from this decade or not I do not know; I watch anime really casually). That was unique in theme — minus "friendship conquers all" and that bs — and something different.

Anyway, I will give it a shot. I might as well since all American TV is monotonous trash. Not to say anime is not, but there are at least a few good ones.

raqk
04-23-2016, 04:57 PM
looks interesting enough. I'll watch it once I'm caught up with my current show.

Hippohello2
04-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Corey in the house and bee movie will always be my favorite animes.

JOSHIE63
04-24-2016, 12:00 AM

Hilarious and original.

|ThyLuigi|
04-24-2016, 12:07 AM
I'm interested.

Megazork
04-24-2016, 12:08 AM
Already watched it. It's a good show but really exaggerates teenage problems too much.

REGISORD
04-24-2016, 12:09 AM
where to watch

SpeedFreakz
04-24-2016, 12:15 AM
I love that show so much but I hold the S2 coz I currently watching ore monogatari CX.

PolarisHD
04-24-2016, 12:20 AM
It was decent for me. Liked the 1st season, but didn't like the 2nd season that much since it was too dramatic for me.

Also, sensei is best girl.
Edit: Yui's mom is great too

JOSHIE63
04-24-2016, 12:23 AM
Already watched it. It's a good show but really exaggerates teenage problems too much.

That is everything anymore though: melodramatize simple issues.

BaconHero
04-24-2016, 12:23 AM
Sounds interesting.
I'll take a chance at it

Tempting
04-24-2016, 01:01 AM
Sounds good enough. I will give it a chance. I recently finished Sakurasou no pet na konojo (whether it is even from this decade or not I do not know; I watch anime really casually). That was unique in theme — minus "friendship conquers all" and that bs — and something different.

Anyway, I will give it a shot. I might as well since all American TV is monotonous trash. Not to say anime is not, but there are at least a few good ones.

That is my second favorite show due to the wide cast, and good character development.

where to watch

The cut off link under the Suicine .gif in my signature.

I agree with the Bee Movie, but I've never seen Corey in the House before.

It was decent for me. Liked the 1st season, but didn't like the 2nd season that much since it was too dramatic for me.

Also, sensei is best girl.

I agree, the second season is more about the 'Romantic Comedy' part of the title, but it's worth watching just to see the main character be himself. I also agree with the small text. It was a close decision between her, and Sable the dog. :rolleyes:

grapezzzz19
04-24-2016, 01:04 AM
anime is trash
weeaboo crap
watch cory in the house its a good non weeaboo hentai body pillow anime.

Tempting
04-24-2016, 01:11 AM
anime is trash
weeaboo crap
watch cory in the house its a good non weeaboo hentai body pillow anime.

I know dank posts are your thing, but I don't see why you like disobeying favors..

Also, if Cory in the House is an anime, you're technically calling yourself a weeaboo too, considering that you watched it.

Some are otaku, some are weeaboos. I happen to actually be genuinely interested in Asian culture, not just anime, so I don't fall under the category a weeaboo, although I do take the hobby pretty seriously..

JOSHIE63
04-24-2016, 02:10 AM
I know dank posts are your thing, but I don't see why you like disobeying favors..

Also, if Cory in the House is an anime, you're technically calling yourself a weeaboo too, considering that you watched it.

Some are otaku, some are weeaboos. I happen to actually be genuinely interested in Asian culture, not just anime, so I don't fall under the category a weeaboo, although I do take the hobby pretty seriously..

He is baiting you with base humor — no need to defend.

JOSHIE63
04-27-2016, 12:13 AM
I am going to explain what I have seen so far in the first three episodes; please tell me if this is how the series works (I will watch it either way though).

The characters have the typical contrasting personalities to foil each other as main characters, yet are connected by one clearly defined link — loneliness. The supporting characters present imbroglios that either define the characters by personality, or they bring the main characters closer together. Each main character throws around some pretty paradoxical words conisdering their recessive intricacies that are not expressed in their cold facade. These words are sometimes agreeable; other times they are absurd. The dialogue seems to be the selling point in highlighting a theme that I have not considered yet.

There is a faint suggestion of humor wherein the main character says something ridiculous and is trumped by someone else, but that is standard with every series. The more comical moments are masqueraded by serious overtones that even the humor proves somehow pertinent to the overall theme.

If my prediction is right, there will be pseudo-philosophical, cringeworthy moments; but in contrast, there will be deeply thought-provoking themes that are unique here. The end of the show is pretty obvious and cliché — the two fall in love or are connoted as such.

Personally, I think it is pretty decent. Maybe I have to watch much further to see why you like it so much.