PDA

View Full Version : I'm planning to make a game, what should I call it?

SnowyFox1000
04-24-2016, 03:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It will be a game like terraria/growtopia/minecraft.

PiZaHuTt
04-24-2016, 03:36 PM
What is it about?

raqk
04-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Well... What is it about?

I see you've updated the OP. So it will be completely unoriginal? Err what would be different?

You could name it CopyCraft

GT_PIJUS
04-24-2016, 03:37 PM
The game made by SnowyFox

ZeroRarity
04-24-2016, 03:38 PM
It would be nice to know a little background about your game, so that we could actually suggest a name similar to its theme, gameplay, etc..

But, I'd love it if you named it ZeroRarity the Game. Just kidding. Good luck!

SnowyFox1000
04-24-2016, 04:04 PM
I thought of Constructo, sounds kinda cheesy. Anymore suggestions?

Shadin Siddique
04-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Pepe The Meatloaf.

On a more serious note, since the game is literally connected with the games you mentioned over there so maybe the name can be connected with anything that's like mining, crafting, splicing, moon fishing or marvel ice cream cake.

Here's my list of beautiful examples:

The Legend of The Game.
The Game.
The Listed Example for The Game.

Nuu, not another Pepe, Shadin!

I no longer accept forgiveness, apologies or requests to take down the Pepe madness, my scribbley doodley friend.

IceKane
04-24-2016, 04:23 PM

We really need some sort of background information to give you decent suggestions. You basically just told us you were making a sandbox game. Think about your game then come back. But really, deciding the game's name should be a mid-development thing, especially if you're going indie.

Pepe The Meatloaf.

Nuu, not another Pepe, Shadin!

MyLegGuy
04-24-2016, 06:45 PM
If you're thinking about the name for your game before you've started it, then I think you're already doing something wrong.

Venus
04-24-2016, 06:47 PM

call It Creationia idkidk

IceKane
04-24-2016, 06:56 PM
If you're thinking about the name for your game before you've started it then I think you're already doing something wrong.

^^ This guy's right. Get some sort of concept first.

Chief
04-24-2016, 07:08 PM
It should be calls Buildo!

|ThyLuigi|
04-24-2016, 07:12 PM
If you're thinking about the name for your game before you've started it then I think you're already doing something wrong.
Yeah, it's better to worry about the name later, when the game is matured.

SnowyFox1000
04-24-2016, 09:51 PM
figured out I can't code at all, LOL.

(Well I can a little bit)

Liammagoo
04-24-2016, 10:35 PM
figured out I can't code at all, LOL.

(Well I can a little bit)

yeah uh game design is HARD
you need to take account on graphics, music, fx, controls and the core gameplay itself, as well as background services like anti-hack measurements and keeping servers up.
If I may recommend, start with text based games (IE LORD), as they are the easiest to make and diversify. Continue building up as you go along...
Oh and make sure you have knowledge about programming in the first place :whistling:

|ThyLuigi|
04-24-2016, 10:51 PM
yeah uh game design is HARD
you need to take account on graphics, music, fx, controls and the core gameplay itself, as well as background services like anti-hack measurements and keeping servers up.
If I may recommend, start with text based games (IE LORD), as they are the easiest to make and diversify. Continue building up as you go along...
Oh and make sure you have knowledge about programming in the first place :whistling:
Sandbox games (like minecraft or terraria) are especially hard, I'm still confused about how save files for those work.

AntoDecay
04-24-2016, 10:54 PM
First thing that came to my name was just "Q"
Who knows why. Use it if you like it. :ninja:

|ThyLuigi|
04-24-2016, 10:55 PM
Call it 'Ludum Quod'. It means Game Thing in latin anyway, so there isn't any pressure to conform to the name.

Polar
04-24-2016, 11:16 PM
super duper epic sandbox epicness overload x9000 super epic totally not terrariagrowtopiaminecraftmixup totally epic did i already mention epic

epic name