PDA

View Full Version : Decided to join in; AMA!

Jack Bowe
04-25-2016, 06:59 AM
Yo, dudes!

Decided to join in with this little trend as it seems like fun, and it gives you all a chance to get to know me better, which is a plus. Ask me any questions you like, but try to make a few serious. ;)

Tohru
04-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Why are you a noob?

What is your inspiration?

CandleJack
04-25-2016, 12:21 PM
What was the best happy meal you ever had?

What makes a growtopian, a growtopian? (Your POV)

Gallic
04-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Okay. What's your first name...

GrowHits
04-25-2016, 12:23 PM
How to make people stay in your parkour world?

Squadra
04-25-2016, 12:23 PM
How did you get rich?
What did you farm to be rich?
Do i have a chance to be rich?
Why did she left me?
What did i do wrong to her?
I miss her...
I love her

LOL drama alert just JK

xlightswitch
04-25-2016, 12:25 PM
but... why?

Singapore
04-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Yo, dudes!

Decided to join in with this little trend as it seems like fun, and it gives you all a chance to get to know me better, which is a plus. Ask me any questions you like, but try to make a few serious. ;)

Who's Ewob Kcaj?

DumbOldDoor
04-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Have the developers asked you to become a mod?
Heard some rumours so Ithought this would be a good chance to clear it up...

Indicative
04-25-2016, 12:34 PM
What inspired you to create Forum Manual?

imustachyou
04-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Are you in any way related to HarryBowe? (I never had the chance to ask)

ElectroDream
04-25-2016, 12:38 PM
What will you do for your 5,000th post? Congrats in advance. :p

It'll probably take some time, but it's quite close.

Hacktivate
04-25-2016, 12:48 PM
What is the best possible advice that you can give to all of the forumers about handling your words and manners in a critical situation whilst having a good time and vibe? :)

GTDanielD
04-25-2016, 01:08 PM
1. If I was asked if I know someone who can be a moderator, you're definitely the first person I could think of. I am really hoping to see how you would do as a moderator if you're ever chosen; from being an intern who would do well to someone who can implement the rules. My question is:
If you're chosen to be a moderator, how would you show the community and the people of Growtopia that you have implemented what is stated in the rules legitimately?

2. You are one of the people here in the forums that are greatly looked upon to. My question is:
Has there ever been an instance wherein you've messed up and thought to yourself that you're gonna be judged by a LOT and be a bad role model?

(Direct to the questions starting NOW:)
Only answer with YES or NO. If an explanation is needed, short ones is a MUST.

3. If you were chosen as a moderator, would you punish your sibling/friend whom you've witnessed breaking the rules?

4. Do you think you're qualified to be a moderator of Growtopia?

5. Cite some examples of your contribution for Growtopia.

6. What would be your mod-item if you were given a chance to be a mod? Why?

7. Would you fight for what is right despite of what the community might think of you?

(CHOOSE BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING CHOICES)

8. Strict or Fun?

9. Seth or Hamumu?

10. Aimster or Jenuine?

11. Sincere or Fake?

12. Love or World Peace?

13. Pcats or Wicker10?

14. Growtopia or Television?

That's all, Jack. :)

Probation_gt
04-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Who's Ewob Kcaj?

Trump.
anything wrong?

Garvin Lim
04-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Vote trump?

Liammagoo
04-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Can you leave this hellhole in search for a community that's actually based around your intellect and not one made from the combined effort of toddlers smashing their faces on a keyboard?

Also how's RS been?

TheTrain
04-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Whats 10+9?
How do you earn wls Before growtokens came out?

Jack Bowe
04-25-2016, 02:51 PM
Why are you a noob?

Being a noob is the way forward. My inspiration, ooh, tough one, probably just specific things at specific times, dependent on the situation. You'd have to be more specific. :p

What was the best happy meal you ever had?

What makes a growtopian, a growtopian? (Your POV)

If you mean McDonalds then every one I ever had as a child. And what makes a Growtopian a Growtopian is the fact that they're a noob, walk around in all weather in just a thin vest and can survive numerous hits of lava without any shoes on.

Okay. What's your first name...

Jack. :rolleyes:

How to make people stay in your parkour world?

Make it a good parkour world, none of the same repetitive jump style like in every line parkour ever, make it unique, add a story, add something to it that's never been added before. And, painfully, SB a lot to attract attention to it from time to time.

How did you get rich?
What did you farm to be rich?
Do i have a chance to be rich?
Why did she left me?
What did i do wrong to her?
I miss her...
I love her

LOL drama alert just JK

Farming. Chandeliers when they only took 3 hits each. Depends on your attitude towards it, I hate farming now but I used to love it. She didn't, she's behind you. Nothing, she's still behind you. Turn around and tell her.

but... why?

Why not?

Who's Ewob Kcaj?

My great uncle.

Have the developers asked you to become a mod?
Heard some rumours so Ithought this would be a good chance to clear it up...

Never have. Never will. :rolleyes:

What inspired you to create Forum Manual?

The fact that on a lot of threads people were doing things wrong, posting in the wrong place or not posting like you should on a forum, and that a lot of people didn't know what to do on the forums. I used to make a lot of guides back in the day, but then one day I wanted to make the ultimate forum guide, one that I would keep alive since then, to help the current and next generation of forum members, so I set out and spent the whole day writing about each and every aspect of the forum, and I am fairly proud of the outcome. :)

Are you in any way related to HarryBowe? (I never had the chance to ask)

He's my younger brother. I also have a twin named Joe.

What will you do for your 5,000th post? Congrats in advance. :p

It'll probably take some time, but it's quite close.

I will probably not realise and it will just be another standard post, but who knows, something might come to mind between now and then.

What is the best possible advice that you can give to all of the forumers about handling your words and manners in a critical situation whilst having a good time and vibe? :)

Depends on the situation. But if you want to be critical and give out a none-negative vibe, the best thing is to simply add a bit of humor. You get your point across but you also provide them with a smile, it always lightens up the mood. On the forums, however, it's hard to portray tone and such, so I find the use of emoji's can also have a positive impact. Always be respectful, though, regardless of what vibe you're trying to give.

1. If I was asked if I know someone who can be a moderator, you're definitely the first person I could think of. I am really hoping to see how you would do as a moderator if you're ever chosen; from being an intern who would do well to someone who can implement the rules. My question is:
If you're chosen to be a moderator, how would you show the community and the people of Growtopia that you have implemented what is stated in the rules legitimately?

2. You are one of the people here in the forums that are greatly looked upon to. My question is:
Has there ever been an instance wherein you've messed up and thought to yourself that you're gonna be judged by a LOT and be a bad role model?

(Direct to the questions starting NOW:)
Only answer with YES or NO. If an explanation is needed, short ones is a MUST.

3. If you were chosen as a moderator, would you punish your sibling/friend whom you've witnessed breaking the rules?

4. Do you think you're qualified to be a moderator of Growtopia?

5. Cite some examples of your contribution for Growtopia.

6. What would be your mod-item if you were given a chance to be a mod? Why?

7. Would you fight for what is right despite of what the community might think of you?

(CHOOSE BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING CHOICES)

8. Strict or Fun?

9. Seth or Hamumu?

10. Aimster or Jenuine?

11. Sincere or Fake?

12. Love or World Peace?

13. Pcats or Wicker10?

14. Growtopia or Television?

That's all, Jack. :)

1. I assume you mean how I would show that my punishments were valid and needed to enforce the rules in which I was asked to. And in all seriousness, I wouldn't have to, as most of the time the people at fault know that they're not at fault, but appeal simply to get out of their punishment. If I deleted a thread, though, I would more than likely inform the person of way, just by habit of how things worked over at the King of Thieves forums. I would always make sure that people are aware of why I am punishing them if I am speaking to them, though, but it's not always possible, and people need to realise that when a moderator is addressing numerous problems and sorting out numerous issues, they cannot stop to tell someone what they did wrong, when they have other priorities to attend to.

2. I have regretted some of the things I've said or done in the past, but that's part of growth. However, I do pride myself in being able to admit when I was wrong and apologise to those who have been involved. I've never been in a devastating situation where I believe what I did was over the line by forum standards, but there are most definitely a few things in my past that I'd change. I don't have any specifics, though. But mistakes are part of what make you human. If your life has no failures, then you're not taking enough risks. But being a looked upon figure of the community, more so back in the day when there weren't as many "famous" people, there is a sense of an underlying pressure, purely because people have expectations of you, but I try my best to reach those expectations, purely to better myself, as we all have room for improvement. :)

3. Most definitely. If anything, I'd enjoy it all the more. ;)

4. Personally, I do believe I am more than qualified to be a moderator. I've got experience, knowledge and a good perception of the rules. But the developers may not think so, and I can easily respect that.

5. I try myself to overall be a role model to fellow Growtopians, especially on the forums. My pride and joy of the forums is The Forum Manual, along with a few other of my favourite guides in my signature. Along with that I have run numerous recipe worlds along with spreading possible messages in SBs from time to time. I find the little things have the biggest impact. :)

6. I honestly have no idea. I have no "signature" item or style, really. Probably Phoenix Wings in the colour of STYX's head because I love the item and blue is my favourite colour.

7. I would do so if it condoned with what Seth and Hamumu said to do, I would obviously not publicly express my opinion if it directly went against what I was told to enforce. But I believe that standing up for what you believe in is a trait of a strong character, and anyone who does so regardless of if the crowd follows or not deserves respect. If the time called, I would, but I wouldn't simply for the sake of putting across my opinion.

8. Both when necessary. I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive.

9. Seth because I've seen more of him, but I also see Hamumu as necessary to the development of Growtopia.

10. Toughest question ever, they're both friends and both fantastic moderators. But I think Jenuine has to take it from me due to the personal help I've been given from her.

11. Sincere.

12. Love. I don't see world peace happening anytime soon, but love could be right around the corner.

13. WickEr10 as he's a close personal friend.

14. Growtopia, I only watch a small amount of television shows, even then I don't even watch them on the television.

Thanks for those questions, I actually really enjoyed answering them. Cheers for the kind words, as well. :o

Vote trump?

I'm British, so it doesn't really effect me. But I can guarantee you if I was Trump would certainly not gain an extra vote.

Can you leave this hellhole in search for a community that's actually based around your intellect and not one made from the combined effort of toddlers smashing their faces on a keyboard?

Also how's RS been?

I can't, sorry. And it's been great. ;)

Whats 10+9?
How do you earn wls Before growtokens came out?

19. And I farmed, most of my wealth came from farming.

GTDanielD
04-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks for answering, man! You slayed it! ;)

ezereal
04-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Yo, dudes!

How do u generate such names? Like jack bowe this two words go good together..... Can u make me one? First name Brendon

Jack Bowe
04-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Thanks for answering, man! You slayed it! ;)

Thanks, dude!

How do u generate such names? Like jack bowe this two words go good together..... Can u make me one? First name Brendon

Bowe is my in real life last name, I didn't generate it. :p

ezereal
04-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Thanks, dude!

Bowe is my in real life last name, I didn't generate it. :p
Lol.... But still help me gen a name that sounds as cool as yours :cry:

Liammagoo
04-25-2016, 03:35 PM
I also have a twin named Joe.

JOEBOWE IS AN AMAZING NAME. PERIOD.

Tohru
04-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Hey Jack, I meant inspiration as in for writing, being you, etc.

Alos, please, can you hang out with me real soon, and PM me via forums as this is a school computer. :)

Jack Bowe
04-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Lol.... But still help me gen a name that sounds as cool as yours :cry:

Name creativity is really not my strong point, I think mainly works because my forename and surname are both rather short, if that helps.

JOEBOWE IS AN AMAZING NAME. PERIOD.

I prefer your name. :rolleyes:

Hey Jack, I meant inspiration as in for writing, being you, etc.

Alos, please, can you hang out with me real soon, and PM me via forums as this is a school computer. :)

I don't particularly have any inspirations, I have a lot of specific quotes from a plethora of people that I find inspirational, but not one person in specific. I think my main aspiration is to make everything as realistic as possible while helping others in the process; my inspiration, in a sense, is to be the best version of me possible without being fake to myself.

A few of the people who have inspirational quotes are: Albert Einstein, Oscar Wilde and Norman Vincent Peale, to go off of the top of my head. A few forum members are also people I look up to due to what they strive for and believe in.

NinjaPRO
04-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Any plans set for the future? (Careers, etc)

Also, do you plan on making anymore YouTube vids in the future?

Apologizes if these were already asked. :cool:

JOSHIE63
04-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Were you once previously a moderator in Growtopia? I could have swore you were.

AlexKat
04-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Do you watch WWE?
If yes name your favorite wrestler (in WWE of course):

If you would lose one of your five senses, what would it be and why?

What's your favorite emoji?

What's your favorite animal and why?

Do you own any pets?

What's your favorite color?

Thanks in advance.

Jack Bowe
04-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Any plans set for the future? (Careers, etc)

Also, do you plan on making anymore YouTube vids in the future?

Apologizes if these were already asked. :cool:

I'm going to college and then to university for five years to get my law degree and intend to become a criminal lawyer. I don't intend to make anymore YouTube videos, and if I do I doubt they'll be Growtopia related, as all of the videos felt repetitive to produce.

Nope, never have been. Though that's a surprisingly common misconception.

Do you watch WWE?
If yes name your favorite wrestler (in WWE of course):

If you would lose one of your five senses, what would it be and why?

What's your favorite emoji?

What's your favorite animal and why?

Do you own any pets?

What's your favorite color?

Thanks in advance.

Nope, I don't watch WWE, the only sports I'm interested in are football and boxing.
Ooh, tough one. Probably sight purely to turn into Daredevil.
In terms of iOS, either the laughing face or the middle finger. On the forums definitely the :rolleyes:
Not got one, though my favourite house animal would be a dog.
Nope, I used to have a few, though.
Blue, both light and dark.

Jack Bowe
04-27-2016, 06:37 AM
Giving this a little bump. :)

3BBD
04-27-2016, 10:06 AM
did you read a scientific book completely?
do you have a real sword?
did you ride an elephant?
have you seen my name before?

Jack Bowe
04-27-2016, 10:18 AM
did you read a scientific book completely?
do you have a real sword?
did you ride an elephant?
have you seen my name before?

Nope, I have never read any subject based book completely, or at all out of a classroom.
No, but my uncle has a Katana. :rolleyes:
Never have, and I don't intend to. :p
Can't say I have.

ID= Inspiration
05-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Why are you a noob?

I'm his Inspiration.

xlightswitch
05-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Is that a mistake I see? "I could have swore you were."? Well, isn't it supposed to be 'sworn' instead of 'swore'?

I... I am proud of what I have achieved. I have corrected JOSHIE63.

XxXSwaggXxX
05-02-2016, 03:55 AM
Kirby or Meta Knight?

Do you look Kirby?

What's 9+10?

On a scale of 1-10, what is your fav. color of the alphabet?

PrinceJaron
05-02-2016, 04:21 AM
I really didn't know you when we first kind of met.

It amazes me that so many of my fellow forumers love you. I don't know how you did it, but it inspires me vastly.

I really think you're awesome.

1.) What do you think of me?
2.) How old are you?
3.) You said to me that you lost all hope for this forum, has that changed?

Jack Bowe
05-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Kirby or Meta Knight?

Do you look Kirby?

What's 9+10?

On a scale of 1-10, what is your fav. color of the alphabet?

Kirby, if I had to pick. But I'm not really interested in either.
Apples.

I really didn't know you when we first kind of met.

It amazes me that so many of my fellow forumers love you. I don't know how you did it, but it inspires me vastly.

I really think you're awesome.

1.) What do you think of me?
2.) How old are you?
3.) You said to me that you lost all hope for this forum, has that changed?

From what I can see you're an honest guy with good intentions, but you seem to have a bit of a short fuse and can sometimes respond in an angered tone. I think once you mature a bit more, you'll become a great addition to the forums.
Turned 16 yesterday.
I hadn't lost all hope for the forums, per say, just all hope for the forums to be what it once was - I'm still interested in the forums and the community, though, that's why I'm still here.

Phoenix234
05-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Whats The Wifi Password?

Do U Liek My Sets?

Do You Like That Majestic Rubber Ducky?

Time for serious questions..

What made u join the forums?

Who was ur first friend irl?

PrinceJaron
05-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Kirby, if I had to pick. But I'm not really interested in either.
Apples.

From what I can see you're an honest guy with good intentions, but you seem to have a bit of a short fuse and can sometimes respond in an angered tone. I think once you mature a bit more, you'll become a great addition to the forums.
Turned 16 yesterday.
I hadn't lost all hope for the forums, per say, just all hope for the forums to be what it once was - I'm still interested in the forums and the community, though, that's why I'm still here.

I can't believe I'm older than you though.

I feel old. :prophet:

Jackjeff01
05-05-2016, 02:32 AM
Have you ever been called a mini-mod even once?
What was the silliest thing you have ever done as a new player?
Most of the 2013-2014 forumers think that the forums were better back then, are you one of them?
What do you think of me?

Jack Bowe
05-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Whats The Wifi Password?

Do U Liek My Sets?

Do You Like That Majestic Rubber Ducky?

Time for serious questions..

What made u join the forums?

Who was ur first friend irl?

1) Whatever you want it to be.
2) Yes and no, I like everything but the shocking hair and the bunny ears.
3) Yes, yes, yes and yes.
4) Initially it was to sell my items and advertise one of my worlds, as the forum had quite a substantial reach at that time, but then I stayed because I enjoyed myself and being a huge part of the community.
5) My best friend now was my first friend, I don't know if he'd want me revealing his details, though.

I can't believe I'm older than you though.

I feel old. :prophet:

Yeah, I'm fairly young.

Have you ever been called a mini-mod even once?
What was the silliest thing you have ever done as a new player?
Most of the 2013-2014 forumers think that the forums were better back then, are you one of them?
What do you think of me?

1) Yes. A lot when I was new, but that's probably because people thought I had an ulterior motive, but that's perfectly understandable. Skepticism can be a great trait.
2) Bought a ton of small locks not knowing I could've just bought a World Lock. I don't remember much from the newbie times, except from the awesomeness of discovering everything ever.
3) Yes and no. I liked the smaller community, I admit, but it was inevitable the forum will grow - with more people, come more people you dislike, but also more you like. It's all about balance, and that lies in the juxtaposition of opposites. I loved the forum then, and I love it now, but I can't help but miss the fact that everyone knew everyone then. That was great.
4) Awesome first four letters of your name. One of the forum members I do like to read posts from time to time. You're a good addition to the forums, keep at it.

AtomicShadow
05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Favorite soundclouds for chill?

Favorite deviantart/pinterest?

Cave Story or Undertale?

BudderMeow
05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
What is love?

Flowey
05-05-2016, 02:54 PM
If you would have chance to kill anyone and be like.. in his body.. Who would it be?
(Please choose real people)

DaWIZ
05-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Yo, dudes!

Why did you make this thread :rolleyes:

Jack Bowe
05-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Favorite soundclouds for chill?

Favorite deviantart/pinterest?

Cave Story or Undertale?

1) I don't use soundclouds, I just use my own downloaded songs.
2) Never been on either of them - art isn't my thing.
3) Undertale, despite never playing either, from first impressions, I choose Undertale.

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

If you would have chance to kill anyone and be like.. in his body.. Who would it be?
(Please choose real people)

Stephen Amell because Arrow.

Why did you make this thread :rolleyes:

For the same reason you asked this question. Why not? :rolleyes:

Jack Bowe
05-15-2016, 06:44 PM
Bringing this up, ask me more questions!

LolDawn
05-15-2016, 07:20 PM
What the flip is a Sonic?

Do you even play anymore?

Jack Bowe
05-15-2016, 07:24 PM
What the flip is a Sonic?

Do you even play anymore?

As I know it, Sonic is a video-game/cartoon character that is a hedgehog and he can run insanely fast. I do play, I log on everyday, however, my time is predominantly spent socializing these days, rather than farming and racking up wealth.

LolDawn
05-15-2016, 07:52 PM
As I know it, Sonic is a video-game/cartoon character that is a hedgehog and he can run insanely fast. I do play, I log on everyday, however, my time is predominantly spent socializing these days, rather than farming and racking up wealth.

It was a reference to a youtuber named SMG4 :rolleyes: And thanks for answering!