PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for owning a gun? Help meh!

Croxi
04-27-2016, 03:45 AM
We are starting this new research paper and the prompt I got was: "The second amendment regarding the right to bear arms should not be repealed." Help me plz? :sweatdrop:

I just want the pros and cons. Help me brainstorm ideas. Thank you, guys.

peck
04-27-2016, 03:47 AM
pros

1. Fun to shoot
2. Most basic insurance for the .02% chance you get robbed while you're home.

cons

1. Sucks to clean
2. People tend to use it for suicide, though removing guns may reduce it, people on the brink will find another way.

The Cookie
04-27-2016, 03:48 AM
Main reason for having a gun:
Completed the campaign in Call of Duty

Pros of having a gun:
More sex appeal
More charisma

Cons:
You get called an isis specially if you're black

XD3FORM3DMAGMAX
04-27-2016, 03:52 AM
Well, first of all, people want guns to defend themselves, against terrorism, burglars, bad people, and other whatnot.
Also, some people like to practice on targets for sport or fun, many people enjoy hunting, and some even use it as a career.

People don't only use guns because they are scared of each other, but because they like to hunt, and/or they own them because they look cool.

Hope this helped, a little unprofessional but who cares, it's not your paper itself. :D

misascool
04-27-2016, 03:54 AM
Pros : self protection.. Lyfe is cruel, ya know..

Con : u can use it wrong, like to bully others, or kill other..

GTDanielD
04-27-2016, 03:55 AM
Here's some pros and cons of owning a gun:

PROS: Security

Owning a gun gives you some advantages in particular situations, more likely in robbery/attacks and the like in your home and surroundings. It can be used for self-defense in case of an emergency.

CONS: Much more dangerous life, especially in your home.

Living with a gun in your house is not always happy thoughts because of how you can easily protect yourself from robbery or whatsoever attempts. It can also be used in dangerous ways if you do not know how to handle one. If you have children in your house, they're more likely going to find it and play with it unless you have hidden it in an appropriate place, such as a safe. It can also be used as a suicide material when one is having enough of his problem.

|ThyLuigi|
04-27-2016, 03:57 AM
Pros:
Self defense
Hunting

Cons:
Possibility of attack against others, as have been happening every few months.

In this situation, I'd probably go against guns, not because I necessarily believe that, but because I can make a better argument.

The Cookie
04-27-2016, 04:12 AM
water guns are safe guys

pro:
Kel-Tec KSG

con:
chauchat

Chaye
04-27-2016, 09:03 AM
We are starting this new research paper and the prompt I got was: "The second amendment regarding the right to bear arms should not be repealed." Help me plz? :sweatdrop:

I just want the pros and cons. Help me brainstorm ideas. Thank you, guys.

Why else would you want a gun besides self-defense?