PDA

View Full Version : How does one make an essay?

ElectroDream
04-27-2016, 10:29 AM
I type stuff a lot, babble about things, but sadly I still don't know how to make an essay. I got this assignment from a teacher, a 300-word essay themed consumtive behaviour. I don't even know where or how to start. :crazy:

Note: I don't want anyone to help me make it, just tell me how to make a proper essay. Thanks. XD

Tohru
04-27-2016, 10:43 AM
Intro - Use an opening to pull your reader in. If it is a story, use dialogue or descriptive language. If it is nonfiction, state an interesting fact. Then, explain briefly what your essay is about, then close it out with a sentence like, "As you can see, mammals are very interesting." or something.

Body - Since yours is 300 words, cut it short and sweet. Try to use contractions to make it longer. State your beliefs, not with "I believe" but as if they were a fact, etc.

Closing - Basically restate your opening and use a closing sentence like, "Mahatma Gandi may not be everybody's favorite, but he is really a hero."

I would write more, but oh well...
(Also, I wrote a 300 word essay the other day for a contest, too, aha.)
(I usually write a lot more than 300. It is way too small for me.)

Ceyx_GrowT
04-27-2016, 10:46 AM
Google is your best friend. :crazy:

genpasaporte922
04-27-2016, 10:52 AM
I gathered my experiences as an editorial writer, so you should do this:

Make an intro first. - This seems useless, but its a norm for us writers to make an intro. The intro should contain the title information or :crazy:.
Go and make your rant/praises/etc. - This is the most important part in an essay. Make sure the grammar is correct and... informative.
End with an ending. - Ok, end the essay with a conclusion. End it with a stand.

This might look worse because of my grammar, but that's it.

dancanban
04-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Big tip: DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC COMPLETELY

ElectroDream
04-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Intro - Use an opening to pull your reader in. If it is a story, use dialogue or descriptive language. If it is nonfiction, state an interesting fact. Then, explain briefly what your essay is about, then close it out with a sentence like, "As you can see, mammals are very interesting." or something.

Body - Since yours is 300 words, cut it short and sweet. Try to use contractions to make it longer. State your beliefs, not with "I believe" but as if they were a fact, etc.

Closing - Basically restate your opening and use a closing sentence like, "Mahatma Gandi may not be everybody's favorite, but he is really a hero."

I would write more, but oh well...
(Also, I wrote a 300 word essay the other day for a contest, too, aha.)
(I usually write a lot more than 300. It is way too small for me.)

Tbh I can write way more than 300 words but I need proper opening etc this time. Usually I write on my own, ranting to myself. :crazy:

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'm feeling like doing the assignment now.

JOSHIE63
04-27-2016, 11:00 AM
This is probably prose discourse. Tohru's conception is accurate — but make the thesis cogently clear. If you need any help on grammatical mechanics and such, just send me a PM.

Polar
04-27-2016, 11:18 AM
List out the main things of the subject, look more into it and start writing it. Do it carefully and read it every now and then for any possible mistakes. I suck at essays too but this is what I do

Oh, and NO PROCRASTINATING
i do it way too much when it comes to school