PDA

View Full Version : Growtopia game engine?

Zan Colja
04-28-2016, 01:01 PM
In what game engine was growtopia made? Or did they make the engine themselves? Also what programming language is it written in? C#? C++?

bradatan13
04-28-2016, 01:22 PM
In what game engine was growtopia made? Or did they make the engine themselves? Also what programming language is it written in? C#? C++?

GT is coded in C++ using Proton SDK (made by Seth).

Zan Colja
04-28-2016, 07:18 PM
GT is coded in C++ using Proton SDK (made by Seth).

Awesome! Thank you! I might as well learn some c++ as well, I mean it's similar to c#!

peck
04-29-2016, 12:33 AM
I mean it's similar to c#!

In what ways? The fact that they both have the letter c?
c# is closer to java than it is to c++.

|ThyLuigi|
04-29-2016, 01:00 AM
In what ways? The fact that they both have the letter c?
c# is closer to java than it is to c++.
^^
Yeah, the only real similarity is the syntax, after that they're pretty different.

Hans
04-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Awesome! Thank you! I might as well learn some c++ as well, I mean it's similar to c#!

(When you try to act to know what you're talking about)

sorry, I just had to.

C# is actually more like Java in a variety ways. It looks more like Java than C++, because it isn't made into machine language, instead into the .net byte, it has managed garbage collected memory handling, it is object placed or reliant.

I actually took most of what I said out of the web. All I know that it's like Java and it instead turns to .net byte code.

Zan Colja
05-04-2016, 06:55 PM
(When you try to act to know what you're talking about)

sorry, I just had to.

C# is actually more like Java in a variety ways. It looks more like Java than C++, because it isn't made into machine language, instead into the .net byte, it has managed garbage collected memory handling, it is object placed or reliant.

I actually took most of what I said out of the web. All I know that it's like Java and it instead turns to .net byte code.

Trust me, I know a lot of languages, and if you know c# you're not going to have problems learning c++!

IceKane
05-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Trust me, I know a lot of languages, and if you know c# you're not going to have problems learning c++!

I've heard that learning C# from C++ should be easy, but I haven't really tried because I don't feel like it. :P

|ThyLuigi|
05-05-2016, 12:00 AM
I've heard that learning C# from C++ should be easy, but I haven't really tried because I don't feel like it. :P
It'll be easy simply because by that point learning programming languages should be easy. Not because the languages are nearly identical or even fairly similar.