PDA

View Full Version : Apple | Worst Quarter

Indicative
04-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Greetings, Android users.

Apple's sale is going down, again. Apple just announced its worst quarter in over a decade. You can see its sales last year, here (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?302559-It-hasn-t-been-a-great-week-for-Apple&highlight=Apple).

Due mostly to sinking iPhone sales
Last time Apple’s sales fell year over year was the first quarter of 2003
Currently, more than two-thirds of Apple’s revenue is made up of iPhone sales
Last year in Q1, the iPhone 6 debuted in China, provided a big boost in sales
They released the 6s in China in September along with the US, and didn’t see the same boost

iPhone

Q1, 2015 = 61.2 million
Q1, 2016 = 51.2 million, down 16%

iPad

Q1, 2015 = 12.6 million
Q1, 2016 = 10.2 million, down 19%

Mac

Q1, 2015 = 4.6 million
Q1, 2016 = 4 million, down 12%

genpasaporte922
04-30-2016, 11:07 AM
Yeaaaaaaa, tired having an Apple device, had to repair 2 times because of a simple drop :nope:.

Now migrating to Samsungs.

Kittens
04-30-2016, 11:12 AM
Yeaaaaaaa, tired having an Apple device, had to repair 2 times because of a simple drop :nope:.

i reccomend nexuses

Eric Saad
04-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Ther was a default in mine so apple tald me i need to change the board and the garente dont cover that charge,then the board(mother card)was like 500 $ and the iphone 5 by itself is 750,it'just not worth it,and then i moved to samsung..and i didnt got any problem until now,also samsung give us more possibilitys like smart share,or remoting any samsung tv than with apple we need to buy the apple tv for like 200 $ (we can buy a smart tv from samsung with 400) than yea they'r dying.

FyreX
04-30-2016, 11:40 AM
let's all agree on this: apple's iPads are better than Samsung's but Samsung's Phones are better than iPhones. :whistling:
oh and also, durability of apple is lower than samsung but apple's performance is better than samsung's. but there is a bigger difference between the durabilities of them than there's on performance.
so let's say:
samsung: (out of 10 stars)
durability: ******** (8) performance: ******* (7)
apple (out of 10 stars)
durability: ****** (6, can be improved to 7 if wanted.) performance: ******** (8)
so, there is 2 stars difference between durability and 1 star between performance (in general, not counting fingerprint locks and stuff.) apple focuses more on performance, they don't add new stuff, they usually try to make what they have in hand better, while samsung is focusing on little new stuff like fingerprint lock and S Share etc.

dancanban
04-30-2016, 12:13 PM
let's all agree on this: apple's iPads are better than Samsung's but Samsung's Phones are better than iPhones. :whistling:
oh and also, durability of apple is lower than samsung but apple's performance is better than samsung's. but there is a bigger difference between the durabilities of them than there's on performance.
so let's say:
apple (out of 10 stars)
durability: ****** (6, can be improved to 7 if wanted.) performance: ******** (8)
so, there is 2 stars difference between durability and 1 star between performance (in general, not counting fingerprint locks and stuff.) apple focuses more on performance, they don't add new stuff, they usually try to make what they have in hand better, while samsung is focusing on little new stuff like fingerprint lock and S Share etc.

Making a conclusion from your own judgement?

Hmm...

Tonsy
04-30-2016, 12:38 PM
Greetings, Android users.

Apple's sale is going down, again. Apple just announced its worst quarter in over a decade. You can see its sales last year, here (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?302559-It-hasn-t-been-a-great-week-for-Apple&highlight=Apple).

Due mostly to sinking iPhone sales
Last time Apple’s sales fell year over year was the first quarter of 2003
Currently, more than two-thirds of Apple’s revenue is made up of iPhone sales
Last year in Q1, the iPhone 6 debuted in China, provided a big boost in sales
They released the 6s in China in September along with the US, and didn’t see the same boost

iPhone

Q1, 2015 = 61.2 million
Q1, 2016 = 51.2 million, down 16%

iPad

Q1, 2015 = 12.6 million
Q1, 2016 = 10.2 million, down 19%

Mac

Q1, 2015 = 4.6 million
Q1, 2016 = 4 million, down 12%

In my opinion, Apple products are overpriced and iOS is uncustomizable while Android offers a vast amount of different products for cheap prices. I guess Apple targets trends to make the iPhone (and other Apple products) look cooler.

Nathan Shew
04-30-2016, 12:47 PM

I recommend a Nokia:prophet:

Indicative
04-30-2016, 12:49 PM
so let's say:
apple (out of 10 stars)

Which iPad and Tab are you comparing?

Pointer
04-30-2016, 12:57 PM
so let's say:
apple (out of 10 stars)

If you are going to compare, do it with the same generation (eg: iPad pro and latest Samsung Tab)

The fact that the iPad doesn't lag is because of its interface and it doesn't have as much bloatwares as android.. If only it were possible to run Apple products in android, you will see how bad it performs. Samsung's specs is atleast 5x better than Apple's.. Oh and graphics in games are way better than Apple, so I guess a few fps drop is worth it. :whistling:

Singapore
04-30-2016, 01:10 PM
In my opinion, Apple products are overpriced and iOS is uncustomizable while Android offers a vast amount of different products for cheap prices. I guess Apple targets trends to make the iPhone (and other Apple products) look cooler.

I find them easier to use and less customisation or stupid auto brightness problems = less time wasted. I am not sure how people break their iPhones and iPads since I've been using them for 4 years and have never broken a single one. Btw, don't judge by specs, look at Geekbench... if you really must.

If you want a cheap phone, look elsewhere. The iPhone is a top-end device.
I like the Galaxy A 2016 series phones, and I would buy them if my budget was constrained. But it's not, so I buy an iPhone because it's easy to use so less time is wasted and I can spend more time elsewhere.

Indicative
04-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Growtopia graphics lags awful on my friend's new Galaxy in Seediary. Not at all on my old iPhone 6 Plus.

What type of Xiaomi?

Singapore
04-30-2016, 01:23 PM
What type of Xiaomi?

I don't know the exact model, but it's a dual SIM phone, and I think it's a Mi 4i or Redmi Note.

- - - Updated - - -

I really want the new iPhone SE