PDA

View Full Version : Urgent PC build question!

Magicalfishy
05-01-2016, 02:51 AM
Scratch that, problem solved. But do take a look at the new updated build and tell me what you think: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DyMh6h

Original post:

Alright guys, so I'm minutes away from purchasing my PC build but I'm not sure if the motherboard will work out. It's only rated 3 stars on newegg and about half of them are one star. Can anyone super nerdy help me swap it out for a better one (and I don't want to go over my original motherboard price). Not sure why the person who built it suggested it, but I'm hoping it wasn't for too good of a reason. Thank you a million in advance!

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qmmc3C

Here are my requirements:
Must NEVER run below 60 FPS. I'd love to have the highest FPS without going overboard with the price.
It must be able to run multiple heavy programs like video editors, photoshop, etc at the same time.
I use fraps to record, and I want to sustain 60+ FPS while recording.
I have great internet and I want to make use of that.
I would like to have zero lag on voice call programs like skype, discord, etc while recording, playing games, and running heavy programs.
I currently have two monitors, and I will eventually get 3. It definitely needs to be able to have at least 2-3 HDMI cables running from it, and if 3 is too much then I'd like to use a USB or a DVI.
I have really nice speakers, and I'd like to be able to plug them in without their cables getting in the way.
I'll probably be doing some occasional twitch streams in the future. I definitely don't want any lag on there.
MUST be able to run next gen games. Like I said before, I will not accept something that will run anything below 60 FPS.
IT CANNOT BE LOUD! I cannot stand loud computers. It definitely needs to be extremely quiet if not silent.

Nobel
05-01-2016, 03:29 AM
Alienware .

Venus
05-01-2016, 03:31 AM
Alienware .

is overpriced

Nobel
05-01-2016, 04:19 AM
is overpriced
Won't have issues though.

Tweety6ird
05-01-2016, 04:32 AM
Won't have issues though.

For a much cheaper price, you can build your own that works much better. Alienwares are absolutely worthless.

peck
05-01-2016, 05:26 AM
WARNING: I NEED AN ANSWER WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR!

Alright guys, so I'm minutes away from purchasing my PC build but I'm not sure if the motherboard will work out. It's only rated 3 stars on newegg and about half of them are one star. Can anyone super nerdy help me swap it out for a better one (and I don't want to go over my original motherboard price). Not sure why the person who built it suggested it, but I'm hoping it wasn't for too good of a reason. Thank you a million in advance!

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qmmc3C

Here are my requirements:
Must NEVER run below 60 FPS. I'd love to have the highest FPS without going overboard with the price.
It must be able to run multiple heavy programs like video editors, photoshop, etc at the same time.
I use fraps to record, and I want to sustain 60+ FPS while recording.
I have great internet and I want to make use of that.
I would like to have zero lag on voice call programs like skype, discord, etc while recording, playing games, and running heavy programs.
I currently have two monitors, and I will eventually get 3. It definitely needs to be able to have at least 2-3 HDMI cables running from it, and if 3 is too much then I'd like to use a USB or a DVI.
I have really nice speakers, and I'd like to be able to plug them in without their cables getting in the way.
I'll probably be doing some occasional twitch streams in the future. I definitely don't want any lag on there.
MUST be able to run next gen games. Like I said before, I will not accept something that will run anything below 60 FPS.
IT CANNOT BE LOUD! I cannot stand loud computers. It definitely needs to be extremely quiet if not silent.

Problem #1 is that you're listening to store page reviews.
MSI-970A-G43 is one of the most reccommended AMD boards of all time. Despite it being complete garbage with high temperatures, massive power consumption, and overall poor design causing stuttering. However because enough people bought it and told everyone "my pc turns on it werks" and its cheap price, everyone made the worst board of all time a top seller.
Problem #2 all the reviews are about recieving a defected motherboard from the seller (newegg) where the actual design of the board has nothing wrong. DOA? Return it. Stuck in the DOA loop? Choose a different seller.

Craft3d reccomended that board and for good reason, it was relatively cheaper than my previous option, and its still a very solid board. There is no need for a switch, but if you just want to feel better go ahead and google a board with "good reviews" with a lga1151 socket and double check here or at tomshardware.

Magicalfishy
05-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Problem #1 is that you're listening to store page reviews.
MSI-970A-G43 is one of the most reccommended AMD boards of all time. Despite it being complete garbage with high temperatures, massive power consumption, and overall poor design causing stuttering. However because enough people bought it and told everyone "my pc turns on it werks" and its cheap price, everyone made the worst board of all time a top seller.
Problem #2 all the reviews are about recieving a defected motherboard from the seller (newegg) where the actual design of the board has nothing wrong. DOA? Return it. Stuck in the DOA loop? Choose a different seller.

Craft3d reccomended that board and for good reason, it was relatively cheaper than my previous option, and its still a very solid board. There is no need for a switch, but if you just want to feel better go ahead and google a board with "good reviews" with a lga1151 socket and double check here or at tomshardware.

Alright. Sorry, I just got paranoid and super worried since I've never built a PC before and I felt like if something wrong happened with the motherboard I wouldn't know what to do.

By the way, I had someone modify the build and I was wondering what you thought:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XKyC23
I bought everything except for the motherboard and processor, and I can cancel any of the orders if I need to. Right now I think I'll just swap this motherboard out for the one that was recommended by you guys.

Noisia
05-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Rich kids and their pcs... I have to play with a crappy laptop, and then there's these rich kids boasting "UMM HEY I GOT MONEY HEHE OTHERS R POOR"

Mutch
05-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Alright. Sorry, I just got paranoid and super worried since I've never built a PC before and I felt like if something wrong happened with the motherboard I wouldn't know what to do.

I would highly recommend you to get any assistance regarding building the computer, since you haven't done it before. 1 single mistake can ruin the entire proccess.:prophet:

peck
05-01-2016, 06:58 PM

By the way, I had someone modify the build and I was wondering what you thought:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XKyC23
I bought everything except for the motherboard and processor, and I can cancel any of the orders if I need to. Right now I think I'll just swap this motherboard out for the one that was recommended by you guys.

That motherboard is also very similar. If it makes you feel safer go for it, it'l provide equal performance.
On my first build I promissed myself that at least two things would go wrong and I was going to learn from it and try again in the future. Feel confident but dont expect it to go perfectly

craft3d
05-01-2016, 07:02 PM
You (technically) don't need an aftermarket cooler unless you OC alot (what the 6600K is for).

You can add a 120GB SSD if you want.

You only need 700W unless you OC (again what the 6600K is for).

I don't overclock, and an after market cooler is worth the invest.

peck
05-01-2016, 07:02 PM
I would highly recommend you to get any assistance regarding building the computer, since you haven't done it before. 1 single mistake can ruin the entire proccess.:prophet:

If that mistake was to wash it in the sink, yea.

Plugging random cords into random sockets that fit wont break anything. The only thing newbies do that could mess it up is screwing the motherboard in with the wrong screw and damage the corners (which you generally would have to screw it in diagnolly to prevent any sort of functioning)

craft3d
05-01-2016, 07:03 PM
You (technically) don't need an aftermarket cooler unless you OC alot (what the 6600K is for).

You can add a 120GB SSD if you want.

You only need 700W unless you OC (again what the 6600K is for).

Also you should buy a PSU that is a little higher then you need in case you want upgrading to a new GPU or CPU.

Magicalfishy
05-02-2016, 08:20 PM
That motherboard is also very similar. If it makes you feel safer go for it, it'l provide equal performance.
On my first build I promissed myself that at least two things would go wrong and I was going to learn from it and try again in the future. Feel confident but dont expect it to go perfectly

I bought the one that you guys recommended.

craft3d
05-02-2016, 11:36 PM
I bought the one that you guys recommended.

Hooray, and just note to what peck said and realize that it won't go perfectly, generally it takes 3-5 hours to build, and another few to install drivers so prepare for some issues. I got lucky and had to deal with really only one little issue that was the cause of a semidetached cord.

Magicalfishy
05-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Hooray, and just note to what peck said and realize that it won't go perfectly, generally it takes 3-5 hours to build, and another few to install drivers so prepare for some issues. I got lucky and had to deal with really only one little issue that was the cause of a semidetached cord.

Do you have anything specific to tell me about the drivers? I know absolutely nothing about them other than they (can?) be installed.

craft3d
05-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Do you have anything specific to tell me about the drivers? I know absolutely nothing about them other than they (can?) be installed.

Only that some may conflict with others, but that is unlikely. Just either pop in the CD that came with the part (Usually GPU, Mobo, CD-Drive, and/or Wi-Fi Card) or head to the manufacturer's website, find your model, and download drivers. They aren't hard to install, just a pain to install all of them.

peck
05-03-2016, 02:21 AM

Your parts will come with driver discs to install software that allows your pc to use your parts correctly.
Though windows already has basic drivers to make sure your pc will work fine with the parts, you should still attempt to get the right drivers.

If any of the discs dont work, find the website of the manufacturer and you'll find driver downloads 90% of the time.

TrishaxKris
05-03-2016, 04:37 AM
You need an electrical source. I suggest using a generator in case a blackout happens while you stream. Also you need money.

Applez
05-03-2016, 04:59 AM
I think that build has some pretty cool looking parts. That CPU Cooler thing? Yeah, it's cool. Plus the storage bit looks like a washing machine! It's a good deal, trust me.

craft3d
05-04-2016, 12:24 AM
You need an electrical source. I suggest using a generator in case a blackout happens while you stream. Also you need money.

Power bar is better, and well of course he'd need money. How else would he get this?

- - - Updated - - -

If you are not using a CD, preload the Drivers into a USB stick and install them. Your GBE LAN port does not work without Drivers so u have no internet.

How does on preload drives onto an USB Stick? This would be kind of a cool idea.

Also, I just plugged in one of my Wi-Fi adapters into my brand new PC (Edimax brand) and it worked after I plugged in. (After I got internet passwords setup, however, but you get the gist :P)

LolDawn
05-04-2016, 12:45 AM
smash a watermelon. there, a computer with 999999999999999999999999 everything. ram, gb in ssd, everything. just get a 144hz monitor ^3^