PDA

View Full Version : ARQ (A Random Question): What do you think is the main key to success?

GrowHits
05-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Can't be two or more, just choose what you think is the most important trait for people to achieve their goals.

Indicative
05-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Recognize the difference between a wish and a goal. Make a commitment, plan and take action, and recognize completion.

peck
05-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Wealth can make your goals become much easier to achieve, but most peoples goals are to be wealthy ironically.

NebulaBlast
05-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Abundance of resources, obviously. Determination will get you nowhere if you have nothing, and even if you have, being wealthy is still faster than starting from something and reaching everything.

peck
05-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Determination will get you nowhere if you have nothing

Not exactly. The point of determination is to achieve something without the required resources. Though obviously having the resources in the first place makes it easier.

Loam
05-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Not always wealth. Ever heard of the guy who traded his way up from a paperclip to a house?

NebulaBlast
05-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Not always wealth. Ever heard of the guy who traded his way up from a paperclip to a house?

Yeah, those trades were based on luck. Try selling a red paperclip nowadays, you'll get nowhere without a bit of luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Not exactly. The point of determination is to achieve something without the required resources. Though obviously having the resources in the first place makes it easier.

Well, you can try this: abandon all your friends, all your family members and all your belongings. Then go on the street and get to a million whatever currency without asking for donations, knowing to speak, read, or having any knowledge at all.
When you get to 1 mil, call me.

peck
05-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Yeah, those trades were based on luck. Try selling a red paperclip nowadays, you'll get nowhere without a bit of luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you can try this: abandon all your friends, all your family members and all your belongings. Then go on the street and get to a million whatever currency without asking for donations, knowing to speak, read, or having any knowledge at all.
When you get to 1 mil, call me.
assuming money is the goal, and the definition of determination is to have the inability to do anything. (which is not)
When you find out what actually sets the parameters for determination, call me.

NebulaBlast
05-05-2016, 07:01 PM
assuming money is the goal, and the definition of determination is to have the inability to do anything. (which is not)
When you find out what actually sets the parameters for determination, call me.

Yeah, but first, I'll call you when I understand what you said there.

FyreX
05-05-2016, 07:07 PM

wow can you link me the video?

peck
05-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Yeah, but first, I'll call you when I understand what you said there.

sorry bud but the reading is on your part.

But that's where determination takes place. Luck is very much required and when it doesnt turn out, you continue until it does, its brute force on the numbers until you make it to the top, which most people don't have the ability to do.

There are numerous occasions of people achieving high public power with very standard starts, they all got lucky, but 90% of the time they also got very unlucky on the way, which again, is where determination takes its place.
Ghandi, hitler, Jobs, Gates, are good examples. Ghandi probably being the best one.

- - - Updated - - -

wow can you link me the video?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip

Josh289
05-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Honestly the key to success comes from your desire to succeed, otherwise known as determination. Finding out what motivates you is probably were you should begin. Realizing what you would like to accomplish and achieve in life will give you the biggest advantage in the long run. Developing a strong work ethic is another way to increase your chances of success. Paying attention, listening, and getting work done is the only way you can possibly learn things that are vital to your drive for a successful life. Finally you must never lose hope no matter how tough things get. When things may seem impossible, you have to try even harder until you can't do any better. Failure isn't possible if you are trying your best because if you are doing the absolute best you can possibly do, you have already succeeded.

KKcupcake
05-05-2016, 10:31 PM
i think there are multiple — wealth, intelligence, and being enterprising... even if it sounds unethical.

but, intelligence should be the main key.