PDA

View Full Version : Editing tips?

pigoverall
05-06-2016, 04:06 AM
I recently started youtube but I have no idea how to edit. I have prior knowledge but it isn't as good as other youtubers. So, any pro video editors who can give me tips? Also, programs but not paid? Thx :D

The Cookie
05-06-2016, 04:39 AM
not a pro but imma giv u tip:

if ur work is messed up like uh for example
u aligned audio#1 to video clip #3 so that audio 1 will start playing when video clip 3 is shown in the screen but after some editing on other clips they're not aligned anymore,

don't get pissed off it's normal and it's always like that when u makin too big projects k

- - - Updated - - -

i mean it's normal dont feel like u suck

zxmvntcwrs
05-06-2016, 08:04 AM
I recently started youtube but I have no idea how to edit. I have prior knowledge but it isn't as good as other youtubers. So, any pro video editors who can give me tips? Also, programs but not paid? Thx :D

Just crack Premiere Pro... Free editors are going to get you nowhere.

KKcupcake
05-06-2016, 10:24 AM
if you have an apple device, use imovie. its pretty good when you're starting out.

Singapore
05-06-2016, 10:33 AM
if you have an apple device, use imovie. its pretty good when you're starting out.

Sitting here, wishing that I had the money to buy a mac.

zxmvntcwrs
05-06-2016, 10:36 AM

lol, mac is :poop:

Singapore
05-06-2016, 10:41 AM
lol, mac is :poop:

Have you seen the insane IO speeds of the Retina Macbook Pro?
Can you find a PC with Macbook Air thickness that has the same or better battery life?
Btw, a Macbook Air was dropped from a plane and it still worked fine.

zxmvntcwrs
05-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Have you seen the insane IO speeds of the Retina Macbook Pro?
Can you find a PC with Macbook Air thickness that has the same or better battery life?
Btw, a Macbook Air was dropped from a plane and it still worked fine.

"a Macbook Air was dropped from a plane and it still worked fine." - Does that make a mac good? no. it's about performance, who drops an mac from a plane? - And is there even solid proof it happend?

Have you seen the insane speeds of self build pc's yet? I don't think so.

MyLegGuy
05-06-2016, 11:41 AM
I've really never understood why people come here with questions about different things. Google exists, and it's a much better idea to search Google, than to go on a random forum and ask a bunch of morons for advice.

KKcupcake
05-06-2016, 12:07 PM

iphones also have imovie, a shittier version, but still something.

Singapore
05-06-2016, 12:31 PM
iphones also have imovie, a shittier version, but still something.

Lol, glad I have it saved to my app store account when it was free... but 727 FKIN MEGABYTES. Regret getting 16gb iPhone.

KKcupcake
05-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Lol, glad I have it saved to my app store account when it was free... but 727 FKIN MEGABYTES. Regret getting 16gb iPhone.

when it was free?
wasn't it always free? i guess not...
also i agree that 16gb is too little, i want to keep all my photos along with the apps i want, but 64gb is too much, there will be a lot of wasted space. 32gb is the perfect size, but they don't have the iphone 6 in 32gb... cri

Juxtapose
05-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Well you got to pay for premium result...
by the way if you're going to make videos get a new pc with nice graphic card
because from what I seen from your video has bad quality of graphic
also don't use bandicam to record,try Using OBS (Open broadcaster software) it's free
and many famous u tuber use it

ianCSzz
05-06-2016, 01:38 PM
For starters, Windows Movie Maker (Windows) and iMovie (Mac OS X) are the best. If you want to do some more complicated editing, I recommend After Effects (paid) and Blender (free). Both of them works for all platforms.

GURLYFaRMeR
05-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Well iv used sony vegas for 6 years now id say its the best editing software and easiest when u get used to it

Well if you want a channel banner or other stuff you can PM me IGN: GuRLYFaRMeR

ill do it for free xD

KKcupcake
05-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Well iv used sony vegas for 6 years now id say its the best editing software and easiest when u get used to it

Well if you want a channel banner or other stuff you can PM me IGN: GuRLYFaRMeR

ill do it for free xD

please get another account with a less... painful username.

Singapore
05-06-2016, 01:48 PM
when it was free?
wasn't it always free? i guess not...
also i agree that 16gb is too little, i want to keep all my photos along with the apps i want, but 64gb is too much, there will be a lot of wasted space. 32gb is the perfect size, but they don't have the iphone 6 in 32gb... cri

Lol, you say that now, wait until you get the 64gb model for yourself.
You'll download tons of apps and never bother deleting them again like when I got my first iPhone.
It's only a year until my contract ends so I don't mind it so much :p

craft3d
05-06-2016, 01:49 PM
I've really never understood why people come here with questions about different things. Google exists, and it's a much better idea to search Google, than to go on a random forum and ask a bunch of morons for advice.

Take a hint from this guy and realise that this forum is filled with inexperienced, immature, and egotistical idiots like me. Google is at least a bit better.

KKcupcake
05-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Lol, you say that now, wait until you get the 64gb model for yourself.
You'll download tons of apps and never bother deleting them again like when I got my first iPhone.
It's only a year until my contract ends so I don't mind it so much :p

i suppose that's kind of true... but usually every month i will try and delete any unused apps that are taking up space and reorganising folders, so 'excess stock' will be cleared out.

Singapore
05-06-2016, 02:25 PM
i suppose that's kind of true... but usually every month i will try and delete any unused apps that are taking up space and reorganising folders, so 'excess stock' will be cleared out.

Huh, I never do that, but it's kinda sad I can't download hearthstone because that will eat almost all the space I have left.
But local music storage is cool.

BadDevilGT
05-06-2016, 02:42 PM

What about recording?...

KKcupcake
05-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Huh, I never do that, but it's kinda sad I can't download hearthstone because that will eat almost all the space I have left.
But local music storage is cool.

i have like 364mb left, and from what i notice, its really really little. but i usually just stick to a couple apps, the rest are for when i'm bored or for other purposes. i think my photos take a lot of space but i can't bear to clear it.

- - - Updated - - -

What about recording?...

yeeeaaaah you're gonna have to settle that yourself.

Singapore
05-07-2016, 01:29 AM
i have like 364mb left, and from what i notice, its really really little. but i usually just stick to a couple apps, the rest are for when i'm bored or for other purposes. i think my photos take a lot of space but i can't bear to clear it.

- - - Updated - - -

yeeeaaaah you're gonna have to settle that yourself.

Surprisingly, Spotify is the culprit lmao

Vege
05-07-2016, 01:44 AM

Not surprising if you download the songs for offline listening.

To OP: Have you tried Lightworks? It's a fairly powerful, malware-free, and [the basic version is] free to use. There are tutorials on the official site at lwks.com.

Maryjane
05-07-2016, 01:44 AM
Use sony vegas to edit. Abuse youtube tutorials and google for this, you can totally get it for free if you know what I mean.

Use a decent camcorder to record growtopia stuff, bandicam, camstasia and fraps work well I think.
Good quality footage is perfect for editing and not a pain in the eyes to see.

KKcupcake
05-07-2016, 02:44 AM

do you download the songs? bc i just stream them and spotify takes up v little space.
the top 3 space taking apps are photos (3.3gb), whatsapp (1.4gb), and LLSIF (818mb).

Singapore
05-07-2016, 03:09 AM
do you download the songs? bc i just stream them and spotify takes up v little space.
the top 3 space taking apps are photos (3.3gb), whatsapp (1.4gb), and LLSIF (818mb).

I don't, this is kinda weird

KKcupcake
05-07-2016, 03:26 AM
I don't, this is kinda weird

maybe its the fact that i don't save songs, i just add them into a playlist.