PDA

View Full Version : How do you pro drawers draw?

pigoverall
05-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Whenever I see growtopian artwork, it looks neat. But when I draw, it looks so bad. I also fail to draw on my art subject, so I need some knowledge to those who can draw. I have great ideas but, idk where to start. Any help? Thx :]

iFrostSpark
05-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Whenever I see growtopian artwork, it looks neat. But when I draw, it looks so bad. I also fail to draw on my art subject, so I need some knowledge to those who can draw. I have great ideas but, idk where to start. Any help? Thx :]

start with chibi lol

pigoverall
05-09-2016, 10:09 AM
start with chibi lol

What's a chibi?

Indicative
05-09-2016, 10:22 AM
What's a chibi?

Chibi is a Japanese slang word meaning "short person" or "small child". The word has gained currency among fans of manga and anime. It means someone or some animal that is small in stature. It can be translated as "little", but is not used the same way as chiisana [小さな] (tiny, small, little in Japanese) but rather cute. A prototypical example of the former usage in the original Japanese which brought the term to the attention of Western fans is Chibiusa, a pet name for the diminutive daughter of Sailor Moon formed from Chibi Usagi ("Little Rabbit").[1]

In English-speaking anime and manga fandom (otaku), the term chibi has mostly been conflated with the "super deformed" style of drawing characters with oversized heads or it can be used to describe child versions of characters.

Chibi style is usually used in depicting scenes which are cute and/or humorous, and it is extremely rare for it to be used for an entire anime series. It is often used at OVAs and ONAs. It is quite popular in manga, however, such as the Chibi Maruko-chan series. (Source: Chibi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chibi_(term)))

unconscious98
05-09-2016, 10:30 AM
ehm.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpYmgfsRtrPfq07Nqdw_TaNXguOHlAm PpBy0AXulbPreiTzvq8_w
^ this is also an example of a chibi

pigoverall
05-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Chibi's look cute :D I might draw that sometime, for now, any more tips?

Its Daniel
05-09-2016, 03:04 PM
How can a person turn into a drawer?

sorry

Kawonz
05-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Practice, practice, practice. You'll get better over time.

Luminesce
05-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Well I'm no pro artist , but I have to say practice.. WAIT, before you jump past this post. I know the last thing we ever really want to hear, is "Practice".

Try doing some tutorials. A good site is dragoart, for beginning. Then find one of the tutorials there that interests you. Then see if you can do it again, without looking at the steps.. That's a practice method

Another would be, try drawing basic things with many types of texture. Like a scene that is cross-hatched. Then a drawing that is made with dots. Like this you can shade too! The more "compact & dense" a texture is, the darker it looks.

And every few weeks, draw something out of your imagination, and save that for the month. And create an art folder of each month that passes. One day soon you will look back upon your list, and see how far you actually improved every month.

Good luck!

|ThyLuigi|
05-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Well I'm no pro artist , but I have to say practice.. WAIT, before you jump past this post. I know the last thing we ever really want to hear, is "Practice".

Try doing some tutorials. A good site is dragoart, for beginning. Then find one of the tutorials there that interests you. Then see if you can do it again, without looking at the steps.. That's a practice method

Another would be, try drawing basic things with many types of texture. Like a scene that is cross-hatched. Then a drawing that is made with dots. Like this you can shade too! The more "compact & dense" a texture is, the darker it looks.

And every few weeks, draw something out of your imagination, and save that for the month. And create an art folder of each month that passes. One day soon you will look back upon your list, and see how far you actually improved every month.

Good luck!
^^^
This, it's really the only way to get good at art.

Rush
05-09-2016, 11:25 PM
I'm far from a good artist but you should start with basics at first, each art skill is fundamental and they build on each other.

I, for one, wanted to start drawing human figures, so I started with perspective and anatomy studies. My weakest spot is still perspective, since I can't invent objects from my mind very well. You will improve if you WANT to improve, so keep practicing.

pigoverall
05-10-2016, 12:46 AM
Ok thx for some extra tips :] Who else can give me some tips?

|ThyLuigi|
05-10-2016, 04:41 AM
Ok thx for some extra tips :] Who else can give me some tips?

Besides that, try getting started by learning perspective, shading basic shapes (spheres, cubes, cylinders, ect.), textures, still life, and some terminology such as:
Assumed lines
Contour lines
Contour.

Also, get into the habit of visualizing what you're about to draw before drawing, it helps a lot. Finally, don't be scared to look up tutorials and such, you can especially find some good ones on Deviant Art (https://www.deviantart.com).