PDA

View Full Version : Any online counsellors or something?

ElectroDream
05-11-2016, 12:18 PM
I kinda need them, because I'm thinking of something that'd supposedly change my entire life but I can't go to IRL counsellors...

Leave the link below or if you happen to be a psychiatrist, that's great.

Hacktivate
05-11-2016, 12:20 PM
My inbox is always open good ol' friend. :)

Indicative
05-11-2016, 12:20 PM
This guy (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member.php?132563-Indicative) is great. You should PM him asap.

ElectroDream
05-11-2016, 12:21 PM
This guy (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member.php?132563-Indicative) is great. You should PM him asap.

You're too childish for this.

ianCSzz
05-11-2016, 12:33 PM
If you want to search for an online psychiatrist, I'd suggest not asking for one in a game forum.

(Not because it's bad, but because it's very unlikely.)

Indicative
05-11-2016, 12:43 PM
You're too childish for this.

I'm sorry.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/2/2b/Apply_cold_water_to_burned_area.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20121007165231

ElectroDream
05-11-2016, 12:43 PM
If you want to search for an online psychiatrist, I'd suggest not asking for one in a game forum.

(Not because it's bad, but because it's very unlikely.)

This is the only forum I'm on, soooo yeaaaah. It's very likely that someone has had been in this phase I'm in and had a psychiatrist online. That's what I thought at least. :crazy:

RudolphPlays
05-11-2016, 01:33 PM
You can PM me if you want. :whistling:

peck
05-11-2016, 04:12 PM
IRL counsellors make better impact than internet ones. Just don't goto school counselours or any affiliated with your parents.
If its just a single question, you're anonymous as is and there shouldnt be too much fear in asking under a different identity.

808tukiboy
05-11-2016, 04:15 PM
I kinda need them, because I'm thinking of something that'd supposedly change my entire life but I can't go to IRL counsellors...

I can try to counsel you if you want. I mean I never actual really done counseling before, but i'de like to try.

Tempting
05-11-2016, 05:39 PM
I'm no counselor, but I do know how people tend to think. Feel free to message me if you want.

I once had a friend that was a bit um... 'unhappy', so I tried consoling them for quite a while, and I think that that person is fine now, so I guess that counts as experience.

Hans
05-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Heh. Don't even bother. You can't just counsel someone out of a whim so considering that most of the people here who claim could "counsel" your major life-changing whatnot wouldn't be the best option. Studying real psychology means taking the whole class itself, not just being a wise individual in general.

As peck said, go to an IRL counsellor not affiliated with you whatsoever. So it doesn't affect you in anyway. Or read a blog pertaining your question online. (One that seems sensible, of course.)

Btw, mind if I ask what you're planning?

WhiteLegend
05-11-2016, 06:15 PM
I have done extensive research on human psychology so I might be able to help depending on your problem.

Tell me the problem first so I can know if I would be able to help.

Star Wars
05-11-2016, 09:50 PM

Metalwire is a good one to talk to.

Josh289
05-11-2016, 09:54 PM
I would be delighted to help you with anything you need. I have developed a strong admiration for helping and giving people advice and I do know quite a bit based on my personal life experiences. Whatever you need assistance with I will keep it private between us.

JOSHIE63
05-11-2016, 10:00 PM
The zealots wanting to help: it has already been clarified that this is a dire issue. To give advice, perhaps the wrong advice, is detrimental, which is actually counterproductive. Think about that.

I would look for one in your area. Online counseling just does not have the same effect as talking to one. Also, as aforementioned, ignore the good-intentions forumers have wishing to consult with you. That may put you in a more nebulous area than you were beforehand; god forbid they actually broach the wrong choice.

craft3d
05-11-2016, 11:20 PM
The zealots wanting to help: it has already been clarified that this is a dire issue. To give advice, perhaps the wrong advice, is detrimental, which is actually counterproductive. Think about that.

I would look for one in your area. Online counseling just does not have the same effect as talking to one. Also, as aforementioned, ignore the good-intentions forumers have wishing to consult with you. That may put you in a more nebulous area than you were beforehand; god forbid they actually broach the wrong choice.

What you, peck, and Hans have said have basically summed up what should be taken into action. Just because you might have some wittiness and profound "philosophic" intentions, doesn't mean you can be an advisor for someone's life situation. As JOSHIE mentioned, it can seriously affect an individual if treated wrongly, and their influence can perceive the wrong attitude or ideals towards certain scenarios. Don't expect us to have the answers, although the utmost we could do is provide a few links for you after our little bloc does a bit of searching to see. However, internet counselors can be fraudulent, scammers, or just plain out malicious or fallacious with the complete wrong precautions to treat it rightly. I don't mean any of the forumers are stupid or idiotic, just not having the frame of mind or mentality that exists in counselors; and don't try to detest the fact that you could be better, because counselors are TRAINED PROFESSIONALS that have a clue and an idea of what to expect when they deal with these issues.

Don't try it, any of you, although you're probably much too mutinous and reluctant to actually pay any attention to my cautions, not wanting to become an insubordinate.

Hans
05-12-2016, 01:33 AM
What you, peck, and Hans have said have basically summed up what should be taken into action. Just because you might have some wittiness and profound "philosophic" intentions, doesn't mean you can be an advisor for someone's life situation. As JOSHIE mentioned, it can seriously affect an individual if treated wrongly, and their influence can perceive the wrong attitude or ideals towards certain scenarios. Don't expect us to have the answers, although the utmost we could do is provide a few links for you after our little bloc does a bit of searching to see. However, internet counselors can be fraudulent, scammers, or just plain out malicious or fallacious with the complete wrong precautions to treat it rightly. I don't mean any of the forumers are stupid or idiotic, just not having the frame of mind or mentality that exists in counselors; and don't try to detest the fact that you could be better, because counselors are TRAINED PROFESSIONALS that have a clue and an idea of what to expect when they deal with these issues.

Don't try it, any of you, although you're probably much too mutinous and reluctant to actually pay any attention to my cautions, not wanting to become an insubordinate.

Afflicting ideals and morals are definitely dogmatic. Counselling means accountability, and any 15 year-old below would not have such a profound basis as they are too busy fixing their ego for being a "wise individual". If I were my old enthusiactic self, I would have claimed position for counselling as it affects the person's perspective and I would use this to my advantage so the person would see me right or factual in the said context.

As you said, counselors are experienced through the basic and advanced encounters any typical cynic, optimist and pessimist would question themselves to satisfy their ideals. It is almost pathetic that some people here actually claim to be "experienced" but when you look at their history, it may be compared to a dying duck.

I tell you, it is more of a predetermined course of action.

CandleJack
05-12-2016, 02:09 AM

If this is a serious case then talk to your parents as much as possible.

http://www.7cups.com (I've personally used this site).
You can find "mature" and aged people who'll listen and will give you pieces of advice.
(^ They won't really solve your problems though you'll have a bit of help)

Or locate the nearest "professional" therapist for you.

P.S. (online or not) therapy isn't free.

KingHair
05-12-2016, 02:11 AM
hey man, there is a free app on the AppStore called 7cups. I've used that for years. I use it the 2 days I don't have counciling . I have 5 days every week. :) it gets better.

imustachyou
05-12-2016, 02:14 AM
Perhaps a school counselor? I think ones in real life are better than ones on the internet

JOSHIE63
05-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Perhaps a school counselor? I think ones in real life are better than ones on the internet

Ever been to a school guidance counselor? They preach peace and "solving issues by compromise." Getting beaten to a bloody pulp on your way home from school? Ignore the bully and they will go away. Someone blackmailing you? Come to a mutual compromise.

KingHair
05-12-2016, 02:17 AM

they are but if you feel as you will attempt suicide don't . please. I've attempted many because I have MDD, suicidal tend., anxiety, and etc. I take pills to make me not do it. I wanted to tell you it's not worth it. call this if you feel as you will attempt suicide! : +18002738255

peck
05-12-2016, 04:49 PM

School counselours have an extensive memorized list of things that if they hear you say, they must report it, and are required to tell parents if it involves parents (which 90% of the time it is)

Metalwire
05-12-2016, 11:04 PM
hey I know I'm not the one you, would talk to,but if you want to chat, don't be afraid to drop me a private message me,I'm no counselor,but I am a listener.

ElectroDream
05-13-2016, 12:51 AM
Thanks guys, the problem is kinda sorted out right now, I didn't know that this thread is still alive. Hacktivate helped me a lot few days ago.

Metalwire
05-13-2016, 12:55 AM
Thanks guys, the problem is kinda sorted out right now, I didn't know that this thread is still alive. Hacktivate helped me a lot few days ago.
Np electro whatever is going on, the resolution will surely appear as always stay safe :)