PDA

View Full Version : Joshie63 made a mistake! (Not really)

Juanma206
05-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Nice try, but to link verbose writing and minimal to no solecisms, one needs to be fluent in context. The words I use are frequent and widely publicized in one situation or another; the website used as a substitute for common knowledge makes the sentences choppy rather than eloquent, and circumnavigates basic fluency.

But that's just me…

INB4 the moral pertinence crew will come in and critisize my grammar — too easy to spot, the asinine and frankly irrelevant behavior.

We were thinking along the same lines. -Joshie63, 11/19/2015

Joshie has used a solecism, which is unforgivable! We must instigate a revolution.

MAY THE WALKING ENCYCLOPEDIA CRUMBLE!

Tempting
05-12-2016, 02:21 PM
So you're basically saying you have a grudge against him?

Juanma206
05-12-2016, 02:34 PM
So you're basically saying you have a grudge against him?

So you're saying you took this seriously?

Areodax
05-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Brain is having a nuclear meltdown, someone call the medic!

Tempting
05-12-2016, 03:29 PM
So you're saying you took this seriously?

I don't take much of anything serious. Except maybe when my grades are crap, which is once a school year or so.

JOSHIE63
05-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Nice try, M4 god, but you failed to recognize the context of that. I do not believe I made an actual solecism.

To be candid, that line was intentionally obscured in meaning. The "moral pertinence crew" refers to the select few that fail to make cogent points, and resort to using fallacious, dogmatic, and truly meaningless morals; of which, many nitpick at impertinences. I could blatantly name them, but they are probably of similar age and it would be unfair to classify them into that nomenclature.

I am triggered.

Anyway, I will try out Subterfuge soon hopefully. If I try it today, I will probably have questions.

Metalwire
05-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Nice try, M4 god, but you failed to recognize the context of that. I do not believe I made an actual solecism.

To be candid, that line was intentionally obscured in meaning. The "moral pertinence crew" refers to the select few that fail to make cogent points, and resort to using fallacious, dogmatic, and truly meaningless morals; of which, many nitpick at impertinences. I could blatantly name them, but they are probably of similar age and it would be unfair to classify them into that nomenclature.

I am triggered.

Anyway, I will try out Subterfuge soon hopefully. If I try it today, I will probably have questions.
That's my boy!😀

Juanma206
05-12-2016, 07:27 PM

I am triggered.

My nitpick here is not the actual content, instead the fact that you used the contraction "that's" instead of that is.

"But that's just me..."

I, however, do not have any contradiction with your wording, I just want to point out.

THE GRAMMAR KING MUST FALL

JOSHIE63
05-12-2016, 07:40 PM
My nitpick here is not the actual content, instead the fact that you used the contraction "that's" instead of that is.

"But that's just me..."

I, however, do not have any contradiction with your wording, I just want to point out.

THE GRAMMAR KING MUST FALL

Ohh…that was intentional. :p

I use contractions when trying to sound as informal as possible; in that case, it was a phrase I was using quite a bit after it seemed like every thread I posted on was deleted.

But regardless, it will take more than a keen eye to usurp me.