PDA

View Full Version : I need to know this!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
05-14-2016, 01:41 PM
How do music composers know they're not making an already existing song?

Who are you?
05-14-2016, 01:45 PM
They check if it exists already.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
05-14-2016, 01:54 PM
They check if it exists already.

How so they search it?

imustachyou
05-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Well, most of the time the song they are making is either rly new or rly old. If they have never seen any bcs/sbs about the song in a world, or been to some world that has that song, they would assume that it has never been made before.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
05-14-2016, 02:02 PM
Well, most of the time the song they are making is either rly new or rly old. If they have never seen any bcs/sbs about the song in a world, or been to some world that has that song, they would assume that it has never been made before.

Uhhh... I'm not talking about Growtopia, I'm talking about songs irl.

imustachyou
05-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Uhhh... I'm not talking about Growtopia, I'm talking about songs irl.

Sorry, my bad!

When song composers are coming up with their own song, they'll have to come up with it. There would not be much of a chance that they and some other composer had used their heads to come up with the exact same tune.

Singapore
05-14-2016, 02:13 PM

No two people have the same fingerprints, so.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
05-14-2016, 02:15 PM
No two people have the same fingerprints, so.

But could there be a 1% chance that two songs could sound similar?

Lionex01
05-14-2016, 02:17 PM

Plenty of songs sound similar, but there'll always be a slight difference in how they sound since most of the artists get the tunes from random moments of inspiration instead of from listening to other songs.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
05-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Plenty of songs sound similar, but there'll always be a slight difference in how they sound since most of the artists get the tunes from random moments of inspiration instead of from listening to other songs.

Thanks! I want to become a composer but i'm afraid people will call me a rip-off because I made a song that sound similar to another.

Singapore
05-14-2016, 02:30 PM

You mean music? If the record label accepts it then you're fine.

Tonsy
05-14-2016, 05:30 PM

Most composed songs are very great. I doubt word doesn't spread. Also, bear in mind, those who are composers are friends with others composers meaning word would spread even faster through their friends.