PDA

View Full Version : Did you know?

Star Wars
05-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Why are there colored dots on soda cans?

ANSWER:

The colored dots found on aluminum soda cans near the nutrition information consist of all of the colors used in the can design. Of course, these colors vary depending on the design of the can. During manufacturing, a number of different machines apply color to each can; usually, each machine uses only one color. If a can makes it through production and its red dot, for example, is faded or absent, then laborers will be able to trace the problem to the single machine applying red color, without shutting down all of the machines to resolve the problem.

Hippohello2
05-14-2016, 03:46 PM

ANSWER:

The colored dots found on aluminum soda cans near the nutrition information consist of all of the colors used in the can design. Of course, these colors vary depending on the design of the can. During manufacturing, a number of different machines apply color to each can; usually, each machine uses only one color. If a can makes it through production and its red dot, for example, is faded or absent, then laborers will be able to trace the problem to the single machine applying red color, without shutting down all of the machines to resolve the problem.

You learn something new every day!

Liammagoo
05-14-2016, 03:50 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
05-17-2016, 01:27 PM

ANSWER:

Thanks, I just woke up today and I randomly asked myself "Why are there colored dots on soda cans?"