PDA

View Full Version : What is love? (Baby don't huuurrrttt me)

IAmABrodie
05-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Okay, seriously though, what is love to you? I've been thinking about this topic for a very long time, what does it mean, how it feels, why it's even a thing? I've come up with so many personal philosophies based around these questions, but I'd like to know your opinions-

So what is love to you?

syrup
05-18-2016, 09:58 PM
a series of chemicals

get i im so nerdy BUT ALsO EDGY!!!! RAWR XDDD!!

Frozenpotato_
05-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Attraction to the opposite gender.

Dashkiller
05-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Attraction to the opposite gender.

how bout gays :crazy:

808tukiboy
05-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Okay, seriously though, what is love to you? I've been thinking about this topic for a very long time, what does it mean, how it feels, why it's even a thing? I've come up with so many personal philosophies based around these questions, but I'd like to know your opinions-

So what is love to you?

Love is everything and caring for your loved ones

craft3d
05-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Love is a feeling released when you lust over a certain object or person. It is a hard feeling to describe in terms; but it has many points of view.

Liammagoo
05-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Love is a measurement for the pain and suffering you put others through.

Dashkiller
05-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Love is everything and caring for your loved ones

When people use the word they are trying to define to define the word they are trying to define. :rolleyes:

ambiguster
05-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Love is pretty much a Cliché, overused in most animes :rolleyes:

BreadCrumb
05-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Love :

A way of liking a person, not just liking, but having affection for that person.

There are many kinds of love.

Homosexual:
-
Having affection for the same sex. (Men: Gay ; Woman: Lesbian )

(i should stop this before i become a know-it-all...)

But you get it, it leads up to one thing, LOVE. A way of liking a person, not just liking, but having affection for that person.

REGISORD
05-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Something I will never have.

Metalwire
05-18-2016, 11:07 PM
Love is the embodiment of affection that takes course throughout one's lifetime whether it be family wise or relationship wise, it is a way to escape pain and en-dour the love from other people. Many people take love as a way to take advantage of in some cases, but true love does not come from your eager,but it comes from your heart, and displaying it will spread a more joyous nature all around, This is why I tell everyone to use love when they feel it and not use it as a tool to abuse it.

Josh289
05-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Love is one of the most profound emotions known to human beings. There are many kinds of love, but most people seek its expression in a romantic relationship with a compatible partner. For some, romantic relationships are the most meaningful element in their lives, providing a source of deep fulfillment.

Tempting
05-19-2016, 12:09 AM
It's an emotion that you feel towards another person that makes your body function differently when doing anything associated with them.

iCro
05-19-2016, 12:23 AM
something impossible for me to get

Frozenpotato_
05-19-2016, 12:44 AM
how bout gays :crazy:

I don't support gays but I'm not a homophobe.

REGISORD
05-19-2016, 01:20 AM
something impossible for me to get
I feel you man.

It's an emotion that you feel towards another person that makes your body function differently when doing anything associated with them.
And it really sucks when that person doesn't return those feelings ;-;

ianCSzz
05-19-2016, 01:43 AM
According to the Oxford Dictionary of English,

dancanban
05-19-2016, 01:49 AM
'Love' is a word that is commonly overused, misused and use to exaggerate with.

|ThyLuigi|
05-19-2016, 02:31 AM
Strong affection towards another sometimes accompanied by some hormones, depending on who it is.

craft3d
05-19-2016, 02:46 AM
Love is one of the most profound emotions known to human beings. There are many kinds of love, but most people seek its expression in a romantic relationship with a compatible partner. For some, romantic relationships are the most meaningful element in their lives, providing a source of deep fulfillment.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/relationships

gg no re

SilversoulX
05-19-2016, 04:14 AM
Love is a sensation and a feeling that can't be explained by words.

pc kitty
05-19-2016, 04:22 AM
Love is whenever you give it, it comes back to you. And it's wonderful to be giving with your whole heart XD
When you love someone, it comes back to you :rolleyes:

REGISORD
05-19-2016, 04:29 AM
Love is whenever you give it, it comes back to you. And it's wonderful to be giving with your whole heart XD
When you love someone, it comes back to you :rolleyes:
Not for me.

IAmABrodie
05-19-2016, 04:30 AM

This is probably the closest one to my opinion so far.

I guess since the thread has blown up quite a bit, it's only fair I share said opinion, soooo

Love, like Josh said, is one of the most, if not, THE most profound emotion within the known consciousness.

Think about it, there are soooo many different "kinds" of love, you love your spouse and you love your parents, but to say you love your spouse like you do your parents (And vise versa) would be very weird to say the least. And this is really the only emotion we can say that about.

Let me put it this way, say you find 50 dollars on the ground or your friend bought you that new expensive game you wanted- the happiness you felt towards finding the money would be the same as the happiness you felt receiving the game. Now let's say you lost 50 dollars or that new expensive game you had just bought got a reader scratch and doesn't work anymore- the sadness for each would be equal there as well.

You can't feel happiness any different than how you feel it already, or sadness, anger, lust, passion, ext. Every emotion that we have is solid and constant, except for love.

Now yes, it is valid to say love is just a chemical reaction in the brain (Like a few others have said before), but that's not the whole truth. You have to remember that these chemical reactions actually have an impact on us, our consciousness, and that's why they mean so much to us. If all it was, was just a feel good drug-like experience, then no it wouldn't really mean anything, but our subconscious actually speaks to us saying "Hey, this person is a cool person, let's keep them around" in which causes the chemical reaction.

So before chemicals are even released, we already love them. The good feeling is just an added bonus, really (Along with our desire of company or fear of loneliness)

To continue on the love part, I find it as a really beautiful part of us as human beings. No, not for the romantic part, or even anything in general, but because of how vague it is. Everyone in our life that we love, we love for different reasons- unlike every other emotion, it's inconsistent. We love who we, not only because they're our parents, or friends, or siblings, or role models, but because of them as individuals and people. For certain traits and personality types. We love them for THEM. And we express it different as per the reasons.

I could go on all day but I'm just rambling at this point.. I really need some sleep lol

craft3d
05-19-2016, 05:07 AM

I guess since the thread has blown up quite a bit, it's only fair I share said opinion, soooo

Love, like Josh said, is one of the most, if not, THE most profound emotion within the known consciousness.

Think about it, there are soooo many different "kinds" of love, you love your spouse and you love your parents, but to say you love your spouse like you do your parents (And vise versa) would be very weird to say the least. And this is really the only emotion we can say that about.

Let me put it this way, say you find 50 dollars on the ground or your friend bought you that new expensive game you wanted- the happiness you felt towards finding the money would be the same as the happiness you felt receiving the game. Now let's say you lost 50 dollars or that new expensive game you had just bought got a reader scratch and doesn't work anymore- the sadness for each would be equal there as well.

You can't feel happiness any different than how you feel it already, or sadness, anger, lust, passion, ext. Every emotion that we have is solid and constant, except for love.

Now yes, it is valid to say love is just a chemical reaction in the brain (Like a few others have said before), but that's not the whole truth. You have to remember that these chemical reactions actually have an impact on us, our consciousness, and that's why they mean so much to us. If all it was, was just a feel good drug-like experience, then no it wouldn't really mean anything, but our subconscious actually speaks to us saying "Hey, this person is a cool person, let's keep them around" in which causes the chemical reaction.

So before chemicals are even released, we already love them. The good feeling is just an added bonus, really (Along with our desire of company or fear of loneliness)

To continue on the love part, I find it as a really beautiful part of us as human beings. No, not for the romantic part, or even anything in general, but because of how vague it is. Everyone in our life that we love, we love for different reasons- unlike every other emotion, it's inconsistent. We love who we, not only because they're our parents, or friends, or siblings, or role models, but because of them as individuals and people. For certain traits and personality types. We love them for THEM. And we express it different as per the reasons.

I could go on all day but I'm just rambling at this point.. I really need some sleep lol

Not sure if this is bad but it was just copied from a website.

FrostFireGT
05-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Love actually makes me enjoy school for once in my life

Singapore
05-19-2016, 11:18 AM

So what is love to you?

Love = Level Of ViolencE.

BreadCrumb
05-19-2016, 11:31 AM

:O MOST YOU JUST USED ALL OF OUR POSTS INTO THIS. AMAZING!!!!

IAmABrodie
05-20-2016, 07:12 AM
I'd like to hear some more opinions xp

Ceyx_GrowT
05-20-2016, 08:47 AM
Love is a chemical reaction.

GrowHits
05-20-2016, 08:49 AM
What is love? Baby don't hurt me... don't hurt me.... no more.