PDA

View Full Version : How to protect yourself from hackers and stay SAFE on the internet!!!

GIGeo
05-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Recently there has been A LOT of drama about people getting hacked. So I'm going to show you how to PROTECT yourself from these "hackers"

Keep in mind that the game developers have put A LOT of protection on our passwords. They themselves cant even see the passwords. It is all encoded by a computer and then stored away. It is impossible to hack these passwords.

A LOT of these supposed hackers are a FAKE!!! They pretend they have ALL these powers. They really cant do anything unless YOU do something bad. And that is what I'm going to show you how to AVOID!

1. ALWAYS make a complex password. Make sure you can remember it as well. The goal of a password is to PROTECT your account.
Try to have a password with at LEAST 8-12 characters. Have a few numbers, Capitalize a few letters and have at least 1 symbol in your password.

2. ALWAYS change your password at least 1 time a month. (I personally change mine every 2 weeks)
You can change your password HERE (http://growtopiagame.com/account.php)

3. Be CAREFUL what files you download. Any of these type of files are the most likely. to hold a virus!!! .exe (Windows) .apk (Android) .app (Apple) .dmg (Apple)
If you hover your mouse over a download it will show the file address in the bottom left corner. Be sure to watch for what kind of file it is.

4. Make sure you have a solid antivirus. If you DO end up downloading a RAT or a keylogger (Both of these things can memorize your password) having a strong antivirus will help remove them.
I use AVG. I also have used AVAST.

5. Make sure to run scans on any files you download. You should be able to do this by RIGHT CLICKING on the file and clicking scan.

6. Never accept files from people online via SKYPE or other communication apps. The online world is a scary place and they could just be trying to get you to download a virus.

7. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE. Never ever EVER share your password with ANYONE. Don't give it to real life friends OR in game friends. Both can easily take your password and scam you.

Phemus
05-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your helpful thread! If you're interested in like that threads, here is Seth's www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?337124-Recent-hax-scare-and-how-to-keep-your-GT-account-safe-and-secure

NebulaBlast
05-20-2016, 07:35 PM
You shouldn't care too much about .APK files, unless your device is rooted.

GIGeo
05-20-2016, 07:37 PM
You shouldn't care too much about .APK files, unless your device is rooted.

Good point:)

MyLegGuy
05-20-2016, 08:04 PM
4. Make sure you have a solid antivirus. If you DO end up downloading a RAT or a keylogger (Both of these things can memorize your password) having a strong antivirus will help remove them.

Common sense + Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials == no need for antivirus.

peck
05-21-2016, 04:12 AM
Common sense

These people are the same people that tell everyone to use the "download apps and get rewards" shams and download all the minecraft hacks they can find. Common sense 2016 pro edition is too expensive nowadays.

Deadpulse
05-21-2016, 04:31 AM
and use TOR browser...:cool:

it changes your IP address for safe browsing, like using a VPN

Kittens
05-21-2016, 07:11 AM
and use TOR browser...:cool:

it changes your IP address for safe browsing, like using a VPN

it also lets you access the deep web

Festivity
05-21-2016, 08:17 AM
Antiviruses can't easily remove rootkits and keyloggers. Once they're there, they're hard to remove, either use a dedicated remover, or you gotta wipe your PC clean. Antiviruses never helpd, in my experience, with keyloggers and rootkits.

Singapore
05-21-2016, 08:34 AM
Wow, this is very very totally necessary and I'm totally sure this will make an impact!!:rolleyes:

Conan
05-22-2016, 12:35 PM
These people are the same people that tell everyone to use the "download apps and get rewards" shams and download all the minecraft hacks they can find. Common sense 2016 pro edition is too expensive nowadays.

Can I buy Common Sense 2013 Pro edition? I'd like to gift 1 copy to OP
JK hahahahah

WhiteLegend
05-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Recently there has been A LOT of drama about people getting hacked. So I'm going to show you how to PROTECT yourself from these "hackers"

Keep in mind that the game developers have put A LOT of protection on our passwords. They themselves cant even see the passwords. It is all encoded by a computer and then stored away. It is impossible to hack these passwords.

A LOT of these supposed hackers are a FAKE!!! They pretend they have ALL these powers. They really cant do anything unless YOU do something bad. And that is what I'm going to show you how to AVOID!

1. ALWAYS make a complex password. Make sure you can remember it as well. The goal of a password is to PROTECT your account.
Try to have a password with at LEAST 8-12 characters. Have a few numbers, Capitalize a few letters and have at least 1 symbol in your password.

2. ALWAYS change your password at least 1 time a month. (I personally change mine every 2 weeks)
You can change your password HERE (http://growtopiagame.com/account.php)

3. Be CAREFUL what files you download. Any of these type of files are the most likely. to hold a virus!!! .exe (Windows) .apk (Android) .app (Apple) .dmg (Apple)
If you hover your mouse over a download it will show the file address in the bottom left corner. Be sure to watch for what kind of file it is.

5. Make sure to run scans on any files you download. You should be able to do this by RIGHT CLICKING on the file and clicking scan.

6. Never accept files from people online via SKYPE or other communication apps. The online world is a scary place and they could just be trying to get you to download a virus.

7. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE. Never ever EVER share your password with ANYONE. Don't give it to real life friends OR in game friends. Both can easily take your password and scam you.

I already know this But It was very helpful ;)

GIGeo
05-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Can I buy Common Sense 2013 Pro edition? I'd like to gift 1 copy to OP
JK hahahahah

Id never sell my common sense...Its a core program.

However if your going to buy it buy it from a friend. The online world has no common sense.

ArchLucifer
05-22-2016, 03:16 PM
All these posts about being safe on the internet but noone actually does what it says.

Conan
05-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Id never sell my common sense...Its a core program.

However if your going to buy it buy it from a friend. The online world has no common sense.
Never said that I'm trying to buy yours. lol

Anyone with commonsense does those things in your list.

Also changing your passwords every month is not a must. Having a unique password for every account is more secure.
Personally, I never changed my passwords for 5 years already. (My password that I mostly use. (I have around 5 passwords)) Asked a lot of people to try cracking it and they cant. just a 10 character password with numbers and letters.