PDA

View Full Version : Got my tonsils removed today.. Any suggestions ir experiences

Star Wars
05-24-2016, 12:01 AM
:sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Metalwire
05-24-2016, 12:03 AM
You holding up good bro? I have no experience with getting tonsils removed,but just take it easy :panic:

Eric Saad
05-24-2016, 12:04 AM
Eat ice cream..maybe it'll help you forget the pain or if it burns you or idk.

Wyvern101
05-24-2016, 12:04 AM
How does it feel?

Same what Kitty said. Does it hurt?

Star Wars
05-24-2016, 12:08 AM
Is it painful a family member of mine might have to get their tonsils removed because it is stopping them from sleeping properly or something?

You holding up good bro? I have no experience with getting tonsils removed,but just take it easy :panic:

Its bipolar, one day i could feel super great (right now) and tomorrow i could feel like total crud and cant speak, but normally its painful, but i got my removed because it caused ear aches and i got soar throats like 6 times a year, so im used to soar throats. and thanks metal.. i love it.. ice cream and push pops ALL DAY!:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

How does it feel?

Same what Kitty said. Does it hurt?

Its bipolar, one day i could feel super great (right now) and tomorrow i could feel like total crud and cant speak, but normally its painful, but i got my removed because it caused ear aches and i got soar throats like 6 times a year, so im used to soar throats. and thanks metal.. i love it.. ice cream and push pops ALL DAY!:rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

i just relax and listen to purple rain and other prince music.. keeps my relaxed.

Josh289
05-24-2016, 12:12 AM
I haven't had any personal experience but I know a few tips to experiment with during tonsillectomy recovery. Obviously solid food causes excruciating pain so avoid eating anything that takes any effort to chew and swallow. Constantly talking will irritate your throat too. You must give your body the opportunity to recover which means getting plenty of sleep. Hopefully you will start to feel better within the next week or so.

Nomite
05-24-2016, 05:47 AM
I got my "third tonsil" removed 5 years ago. It isn't the real tonsil but the operation has the same effects. After that the doctors have told me that i should eat ice cream and other cold stuff when the throat hurts me. I am not sure if you won't be able to talk because i was able to talk fine just a little bit quiter.

Conan
05-24-2016, 06:38 PM

Having regular soar throats isn't good though. A close person to me always have one when she was a kid and she got rheumatic heart disease. (Mild one though. Still it hurts)

P.S. Prepare to get infections easily since it's one of the body's barrier to infection. AFAIk.

ILimeGreen
05-24-2016, 06:57 PM

I forgot to take painkillers so I couldn't eat any ice cream.

*cries*

FyreX
05-24-2016, 07:00 PM

what's that????

|ThyLuigi|
05-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Don't worry about the surgery, worry about the pain you'll feel afterwards. When I got mine taken out, I couldn't speak without a horrible pain going through my ears making it not so fun to talk.

craft3d
05-24-2016, 10:11 PM
Having regular soar throats isn't good though. A close person to me always have one when she was a kid and she got rheumatic heart disease. (Mild one though. Still it hurts)

P.S. Prepare to get infections easily since it's one of the body's barrier to infection. AFAIk.

I got my tonsils removed after being severely sick and painfully ill every 2 weeks, which was about 5 years ago and I have not gotten any infections that have brought me to that terrible of disease. I also never got sick very much after that, so I don't know where you got the easy infections from.

Conan
05-25-2016, 01:33 PM
I got my tonsils removed after being severely sick and painfully ill every 2 weeks, which was about 5 years ago and I have not gotten any infections that have brought me to that terrible of disease. I also never got sick very much after that, so I don't know where you got the easy infections from.

Nah I still have my tonsils.
It's just a warning by a doctor. I don't know how "easier" you'll get infected if you don't have your tonsils. I guess you're healthy that's why you don't get infected easily.

It's just that you lost one barrier.

craft3d
05-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Nah I still have my tonsils.
It's just a warning by a doctor. I don't know how "easier" you'll get infected if you don't have your tonsils. I guess you're healthy that's why you don't get infected easily.

It's just that you lost one barrier.

Well I suppose that not everyone will react similarly to everything, but I never had an issue with being sick very much. I don't know, it's quite strange since I have a slow thyroid.