PDA

View Full Version : My phone has been acting weird recently

NebulaBlast
05-24-2016, 05:34 PM
So recently, I have had many problems with my phone, a Samsung Galazy Core Prime, most of the problems being related to a headset being connected.
I listen to music all the time, even when going to school and going home from school. It all started with me losing an earbud from a pair of headphones (which is merely a coincidence). FYI, I listen mostly to music from YouTube, since I have unlimited mobile data.
Sometimes, the video stops. It just stops, without me even touching the screen. At first, I thought something in my pocket was touching the screen, but the same happened when my pockets were empty.
Now, the left earbud doesn't play at all. When I start moving the jack, sometimes the volume goes up and down, depending on the direction I push the jack. Other times, the "Ok Google" screen pops up (as if I were holding the Home button for a couple seconds).
Before you ask, I have restarted the phone several times, I have messed around with the Mono setting and Panning setting in Accessibility, but Mono is not active, and the Pan is centered, I have tried cleaning the jack, by blowing, by inserting a paper clip and a damp toothpick (while the phone was off and the battery taken out), none of them worked.
Other than that, sometimes, something is holding my screen, like if I put my finger on it and try scrolling with the other, but this is gone if I turn off the screen and turn it back on.
Sometimes, but only when I have a headset plugged in, the popups on a YT video that allow you to pause the video, scrub it etc. don't go away, and tapping the screen only makes them come back in a second. But, again, this is solved by turning the screen on and off.
I have dropped my phone a couple times, but all from a medium height, and neither did the screen didn't crack nor the touchscreen broke.
Any help with the first problems? Thosr are the most important, the others are minor, and don't happen often.

Knyts
05-24-2016, 05:35 PM
Does your headphones have a microphone?

NebulaBlast
05-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Does your headphones have a microphone?

Nope.
I forgot to mention, the headphones work perfectly on my laptop, haven't tested them on other phones.

Knyts
05-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Nope.
I forgot to mention, the headphones work perfectly on my laptop, haven't tested them on other phones.

Try using different earphones / headphones.

Metalwire
05-24-2016, 05:39 PM
I'm not entirely sure but your device seems broken, Or in a way the internal structure/could be disconfigured.

Yambo
05-24-2016, 05:39 PM
I also have that glitch when video just drops , also i am experiencing glitch where i open yt and start a video it goes in low quality , but when video goes on it goes to normal.About hack problem i can 100% be sure that its broken.It has no thing to do with your phone.

NebulaBlast
05-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Try using different earphones / headphones.

I have, I tested 3 headsets, 2 of them being earphones, the other being a pair of gaming headphones.
Same result, only the right earphone plays audio.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not entirely sure but your device seems broken, Or in a way the internal structure/could be disconfigured.

Time to pray the waranty is not expired.

Conan
05-24-2016, 06:36 PM
Replace your headphone jack.

As for the video, seems like it's buffering.
Do you put your phone in your pocket with the screen facing inside?

NebulaBlast
05-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Replace your headphone jack.

It works for other devices though.

As for the video, seems like it's buffering.

Kind of a weird way to buffer though.

Do you put your phone in your pocket with the screen facing inside?

Yeah. I may just be dumb, but the pause button is really small, and the video pauses, it doesn't change, so it can't be the sweater. But then again, it's a minor problem, I don't mind. And I may be dumb.

Conan
05-24-2016, 06:54 PM
It works for other devices though.

Kind of a weird way to buffer though.

Yeah. I may just be dumb, but the pause button is really small, and the video pauses, it doesn't change, so it can't be the sweater. But then again, it's a minor problem, I don't mind. And I may be dumb.

I mean by "jack", the one on your phone.

I dunno.

Sometimes the signals from your skin (electrical field) can pass through clothes and "pause" the video. Not sure if I used the right terms.

NebulaBlast
05-24-2016, 08:03 PM
I mean by "jack", the one on your phone.

I dunno.

Sometimes the signals from your skin (electrical field) can pass through clothes and "pause" the video. Not sure if I used the right terms.

Oh, thanks for the details, I get it now.

Singapore
05-24-2016, 10:41 PM
So recently, I have had many problems with my phone, a Samsung Galazy Core Prime, most of the problems being related to a headset being connected.
I listen to music all the time, even when going to school and going home from school. It all started with me losing an earbud from a pair of headphones (which is merely a coincidence). FYI, I listen mostly to music from YouTube, since I have unlimited mobile data.
Sometimes, the video stops. It just stops, without me even touching the screen. At first, I thought something in my pocket was touching the screen, but the same happened when my pockets were empty.
Now, the left earbud doesn't play at all. When I start moving the jack, sometimes the volume goes up and down, depending on the direction I push the jack. Other times, the "Ok Google" screen pops up (as if I were holding the Home button for a couple seconds).
Before you ask, I have restarted the phone several times, I have messed around with the Mono setting and Panning setting in Accessibility, but Mono is not active, and the Pan is centered, I have tried cleaning the jack, by blowing, by inserting a paper clip and a damp toothpick (while the phone was off and the battery taken out), none of them worked.
Other than that, sometimes, something is holding my screen, like if I put my finger on it and try scrolling with the other, but this is gone if I turn off the screen and turn it back on.
Sometimes, but only when I have a headset plugged in, the popups on a YT video that allow you to pause the video, scrub it etc. don't go away, and tapping the screen only makes them come back in a second. But, again, this is solved by turning the screen on and off.
I have dropped my phone a couple times, but all from a medium height, and neither did the screen didn't crack nor the touchscreen broke.
Any help with the first problems? Thosr are the most important, the others are minor, and don't happen often.

Get new earbuds. This is a very typical problem of rusting on the plug.
I recommend those from Sony or Audio-Technica.

Equine
05-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Your audio jack is broken.