PDA

View Full Version : What if you could live forever?

Elusive
05-30-2016, 05:32 AM
Not actually live forever but never grow old or die from old age. Also why is it considered evil to desire immortality? If it has anything to do with greed i don't see what's so bad with wanting more out of life. I mean i'm not too sure about if i want to living forever but i don't want to die for just no reason.

Would you want to live forever?

Romai Mori
05-30-2016, 05:36 AM
Yup. Just to keep eating those delicious creamy twinkies <3

|ThyLuigi|
05-30-2016, 05:36 AM
Depends on if I could be a spry 137 year old, if I could I'd do it. Otherwise I wouldn't.

xxgrowzz
05-30-2016, 05:50 AM
One of the biggest problem by live forever is the pain to see your closest person die first.
So I don't want to live forever.

Maryjane
05-30-2016, 06:57 AM
Become the richest and well known human being in the world garnering lots and lots of friends/foes and build an empire.

MOAHAHHAHA

808tukiboy
05-30-2016, 07:23 AM
Not actually live forever but never grow old or die from old age. Also why is it considered evil to desire immortality? If it has anything to do with greed i don't see what's so bad with wanting more out of life. I mean i'm not too sure about if i want to living forever but i don't want to die for just no reason.

Hmmm if we can live forever, then forever be a gamer and eat good deserts hahaha

QwertyNox101
05-30-2016, 08:02 AM
Hm... I will be the next Hitler and I will conquer the world, and I will make everyone as my slave.
[MWAHAHAHA FIRE! FIRE!]

Frozenpotato_
05-30-2016, 08:08 AM
I think immortality is not evil but just sad
If you can't die from physical pain/aging i can only imagine a lonely life
The worse thing is not that you see your closest relative or friend die, the worse thing is living to see humanity die.

Tre
05-30-2016, 12:03 PM
If we used science correctly, we would have discovered the secret to immortality already.
However, some people think that it is unethical and that we are playing god, which I think is dumb, because if we can play god, why not?

I think that in the future people will live forever or for very long times, everyone. Not just a select few.

Liammagoo
05-30-2016, 12:07 PM
People think an eternal life is awesome because they don't look as far ahead as they should. Yes, you get to see everything happen as you can't die, but what happens when everything else dies?

Also... You can still feel pain even when immortal, you just can't die.

mrthadawee
05-30-2016, 12:22 PM

Immortality would be both a blessing and a curse, and the whole "immortality is evil" thing reminds me of the Black Numenoreans from Lord Of The Rings. Though the Numenoreans would live to about 130, a certain band of them questioned their so called "gift" of mortality, thus they began questioning their God and turned to the Dark powers in order to achieve immortality... They were very powerful but ended up being completely evil...

...While those who were faithful and true went on to descend to the Dunedain, while living twice as long as "middle men" (who lived to around 60 years of age), they did not seek immortality and thus didn't go mad with power and become evil...

If we apply this to a real life concept... Given that we're not Elves and thus we could easily be corrupted to evil, surely immortality would slowly drive us mad with power and make us evil? If Lotr is anything to go by... Immortality is best left to those Elves :^)

People think an eternal life is awesome because they don't look as far ahead as they should. Yes, you get to see everything happen as you can't die, but what happens when everything else dies?

Also... You can still feel pain even when immortal, you just can't die.
Immortality is not dying of natural old age, but you could easily be killed just like anyone else.
Also consider Arwen's dilemma in Lotr, madly in love with Aragorn who would only live to about 160, she would live for hundreds of years afterwards when the age of Men falls... She would be alone in the world and she'd live through all the deaths of everyone she knew and loved... Dammit, Elrond was right! :^)

So in short... Immortality is a big no no unless you have an entirely separate part of the world to sail to when the time comes where only other immortal people like your self can go to :^)

Elusive
05-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Simply if i had this power I'd use it to gain experience and seek more knowledge from this world. True it could possibly drive me crazy for power but don't we all seek knowledge. As they say, Knowledge is the greatest power.

WhiteLegend
05-30-2016, 01:35 PM

yes and no, I would want it because I could gain infinite knowledge about this strange thing we call reality but the price would be extremely high
I would have to watch all my loved ones and family members die of old age, I would be rejected by society and considered a freak because of
my gift. so I don't think its worth it but I would like a long and healthy life.

dronshi
05-30-2016, 01:54 PM
If I could live forever, I would keep it a total secret assuming I'm the only one who knows it.
It would be annoying if everyone (especially the Government) is trying to find you to do experiments or to kill you.
Second, just like Elusive, I'd would try to earn more knowledge by reading a lot more books than before, since I have more time for myself.
Finally, since everyone is mentioning about everyone else you love and know are dying while you aren't, knowing that I could live forever, I would brace myself for their death in the future and try to get used without them.

Seeing every pro and con on being able to live forever, there are obviously a lot more cons than pros.
But if you can work your way with each and every con, the pros will greatly outweigh the disadvantages.

why322
05-30-2016, 02:11 PM
If I live forever, I realized I screwed up because I get to experience the scorching heat of the Sun's "Red Giant" phase right before it dies

ElisiaGT
05-30-2016, 02:20 PM
I just want to know ... How do you put music video in your signature ?
I tried but it just leaves a link not a video :(.
Can a help from you? And thanks :)

ElisiaGT
05-30-2016, 02:32 PM
I just want to know ... How do you put music video in your signature ?
I tried but it just leaves a link not a video :(.
Can a help from you? And thanks :)

Anyone help me figure this out ?

Vluonx
05-30-2016, 02:40 PM
Anyone help me figure this out ?

You should've started a new thread for this. But here you go: just click on the INSERT VIDEO button, it will then ask for a link; just paste it there. Hope that'll help! :hat:

If I'd live forever then I would try to gain as much power as I can.

Elusive
05-30-2016, 09:07 PM
yes and no, I would want it because I could gain infinite knowledge about this strange thing we call reality but the price would be extremely high
I would have to watch all my loved ones and family members die of old age, I would be rejected by society and considered a freak because of
my gift. so I don't think its worth it but I would like a long and healthy life.

"Considered a freak"? Are you kidding me, in this generation you'll be worshiped, be featured everywhere, be on the Ellen Show and just more dumb unnecessary attention.

Honestly i wouldn't let anyone but the people i trust know about this. But even so i wouldn't trust as many people because ya' know.. no one lives around forever but yourself, i would hate to have a million families and be related to everyone :rolleyes:

Tonsy
05-30-2016, 09:59 PM

No thanks; watching everyone you love and know die. And, if you ever get in a bad mess, such as some governement is trying to study you, you'll be kept there for... as long as you can live, which is forever. I have no doubts that some governement would capture and abduct you and drain all your blood out of you.

- - - Updated - - -

If we used science correctly, we would have discovered the secret to immortality already.
However, some people think that it is unethical and that we are playing god, which I think is dumb, because if we can play god, why not?

I think that in the future people will live forever or for very long times, everyone. Not just a select few.

It's not like we could always study immortality and work with genes but we didn't because of God, am i rite?

Tempting
05-31-2016, 12:56 AM
Living until the temperature becomes so hot that humans die instantly would mean an endless cycle of pain. I'll pass. Maybe if I could guarantee a life between 100-110 years.

Elusive
05-31-2016, 07:27 AM
Living until the temperature becomes so hot that humans die instantly would mean an endless cycle of pain. I'll pass. Maybe if I could guarantee a life between 100-110 years.

Unlike you I'd spend my time wisely and create a second Age of Discovery. But instead this discovery would be a new galaxy and humans would find ways to expedition through space and even time which can easily solve your issue.