PDA

View Full Version : I need a good PC build.

Kranken
05-31-2016, 04:34 PM
I've reached 1000€ after getting almost 700€ for my 15th birthday. I've decided to buy a new PC. Suggest me a godly PC that I could get for 1000€. (1100$)

Magicalfishy
05-31-2016, 04:48 PM
Here's my build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MagicalFishy/saved/M4xXsY

I'm actually waiting for my graphics card to get here right now, and then I can build it today! I'd suggest getting the Geforce GTX 1070 or 1080 instead of the graphics card I went with, and the Intel i7 instead of my CPU though. And I also assume you'd like a different case as well.

Conan
05-31-2016, 05:30 PM
Demn.
Fishy's build is ok.

You don't need i7 bruh. the i5 is ok.

Why u guys getting hundred bucks on your birthdays and I don't even receive even a dollar on my bday .-.
I'm stuck with my crappy 2GB ram pentium dual core amd radeon hd 6450 pc hahahah

- - - Updated - - -

I'd recommend an HGST hard drive instead of a Seagate one. Backblaze blog has a chart on hard drive reliability and HGST has the best reliability and Western Digital comes second.
I use a WD hard drive in my pc (Replaced my broken Seagate 500GB with a WD Blue 1TB)

The seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM on my desktop broke after 4 years lol

The hitachi hard drive on our 12 year old laptop still works tho. (HGST is by hitachi)

zxmvntcwrs
05-31-2016, 06:32 PM
I've reached 1000€ after getting almost 700€ for my 15th birthday. I've decided to buy a new PC. Suggest me a godly PC that I could get for 1000€. (1100$)

What games are you going to play?

peck
05-31-2016, 06:54 PM
I'd recommend an HGST hard drive instead of a Seagate one.

But it's like $15 more for less of a chance of defection, even though its significant I think its just warranty.
But I agree with not getting seagate since my only experience with seagate is failing after about 9 months.

- - - Updated - - -

the Intel i7 instead of my CPU though. And I also assume you'd like a different case as well.
ix doesnt mean anything in terms of performance, its intels rating of the cpu at that time.
For example the i3-6100 performs better than the i5-6400

Kranken
05-31-2016, 07:06 PM
What games are you going to play?

Mostly CS GO. But I'd like it to be able to run any game on max settings.

zxmvntcwrs
05-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Mostly CS GO. But I'd like it to be able to run any game on max settings.

You wont get a pc for 1000$ that can run any game at max settings, however for csgo you're good to go with an intel core i5, 8gb ram (DDR4 Prefered), ssd,nvidia gtx 960 2gb and a 60hz monitor with a 1ms reaction time.

you can always upgrade even with prebuild pcs.

Kranken
05-31-2016, 07:14 PM
You wont get a pc for 1000$ that can run any game at max settings, however for csgo you're good to go with an intel core i5, 8gb ram (DDR4 Prefered), ssd,nvidia gtx 960 2gb and a 60hz monitor with a 1ms reaction time.

Well the max settings aren't a must, but I'd still like to be able to play the games smoothly. Also, is it okay if I use my samsung SmartTV as a monitor?

peck
05-31-2016, 07:19 PM

My first $500 build maxes csgo always 60+fps.
I think for $1000 he can get decent settings on any game he chooses.

and just so im contributing http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bF248K

that comes with the pc, monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

zxmvntcwrs
05-31-2016, 07:21 PM
Well the max settings aren't a must, but I'd still like to be able to play the games smoothly. Also, is it okay if I use my samsung SmartTV as a monitor?

Using a TV as a monitor will cause heavy delay between input and your screen (which means that if you hit the spacebar on your keyboard you will see it on your screen ~1 second later) would not recommend.

also, get a display port cable for your monitor, they're basically the best around.

Kranken
05-31-2016, 07:23 PM
Using a TV as a monitor can cause heavy delay between input and your screen (which means that if you hit the spacebar on your keyboard you will see it on your screen ~1 second later) but you could try..

also, get a display port cable for your monitor, they're basically the best around.

okay, have to think of a way to use my tv haha

peck
05-31-2016, 07:28 PM
Using a TV as a monitor can cause heavy delay between input and your screen (which means that if you hit the spacebar on your keyboard you will see it on your screen ~1 second later) but you could try..

I think 1 second is quite the exaggeration when the average flatscreen would have maybe 50ms input lag.
which is 1/20 th of a second. (which is fine to play casually) considering average human reaction time is 1/4 of a second aswell (far slower than the tv)

A tv is fine as a monitor if you don't care for very few frames.

zxmvntcwrs
05-31-2016, 07:30 PM
I think 1 second is quite the exaggeration when the average flatscreen would have maybe 50ms input lag.
which is 1/20 th of a second. (which is fine to play casually)

we're talking about 1 millisecond not second:confused:

peck
05-31-2016, 07:34 PM
we're talking about 1 millisecond not second:confused:

well you said
"Heavy delay" and "~1 second" which equates to "about a second"
So I assume you're talking about seconds not millisecond, to which a tv doesnt come close to a millisecond either.

by the way, ms stands for "millisecond"

zxmvntcwrs
05-31-2016, 07:39 PM
well you said
"Heavy delay" and "~1 second" which equates to "about a second"
So I assume you're talking about seconds not millisecond, to which a tv doesnt come close to a millisecond either.

by the way, ms stands for "millisecond"

i know ms stands for millisecond.

you can't compare 1 ms to 1 second.

peck
05-31-2016, 07:50 PM
you can't compare 1 ms to 1 second.

oh but I did. "50ms is 1/20 of a second"
whereas you said "~1second" on tv input lag, which I just said you couldnt compare the two because they're so far off from the actual input lag .-. and now you're accusing me of saying such a thing with your name on it
I'm probably not understanding something vital, but i'll drop my last reply here so I don't flood the thread.

Conan
05-31-2016, 10:34 PM
But it's like $15 more for less of a chance of defection, even though its significant I think its just warranty.
But I agree with not getting seagate since my only experience with seagate is failing after about 9 months.

I was saying that because he has the cash lol. I'd recommend a WD one if he wants a close price to Seagate but better reliability.
The price of a Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM is the same as a WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM here in my country.

@OP Don't ever think of getting a WD Green. lol The constant speed down of the hard drive causes decreased reliability.

- - - Updated - - -

DDR3 is actually pretty fine. Unless you need serious ram speeds like for caching big databases in ram or rendering with RAM as the buffer.

craft3d
05-31-2016, 11:45 PM
Listen to peck and Conan, Kranken, they're right. I may contribute a build but seeing as peck already suggested one, generally it will be a good investment. I'm not saying everyone else is bad compared to them, but they are reputable definitely. I know that there is some criteria that I would say is a definite must when building any computer, but considering you have much more funding you can broaden your range of choices.

- I would use HDD/SSD combo, with either a Kingston or Samsung 120GB drive as your OS drive, and having a 1-2 TB main drive by either WD or HGST (I got a Seagate but it hasn't failed me yet)

- Choose a case with good cable management options. Even if you don't do it as soon as you build, if you feel you need the case would not be limited by the absence of that feature.

- Do not buy a case with a built-in PSU; the majority of those can easily be very cautious to game with. It's old but useful advice.

- Make sure your motherboard can be used for future purpose. Don't buy a motherboard that doesn't have at least some overclocking potential, because in the future that can save you hassle and money.

- Don't waste money on thermal paste. Stock thermal paste is usually fine unless you absolutely need premium and the best temperatures.

- I would wait for Polaris. I know, Pascal was just released but AMD has yet to impress us with new R9 Series cards soon, so if you can be patient and wait, you may get a better experience.

- Make sure your PSU is at least semi-modular. I did not get one of these and I regretted it. It does not only improve airflow and part cooling, but if you have a windowed case it makes more of eye-candy.

- Do not buy DDR4 RAM unless that is all your motherboard supports. It is not the most worthy investment at the moment, DDR3-1600 is absolutely fine for now.

- 16GB is enough of RAM, do not buy 32GB UNLESS, and this only UNLESS you do hardcore multitasking and rendering.

- Try to purchase a CPU with 4 Physical Cores, or 8 Modules (however AMD does it). 2 cores, even with HT, may not last, although this is not always the case as shown with a i3-6100. I would just rather you purchase an i5 or FX- 8xxx series over i3 for better *future-proof* (I hate saying future proofing as it is a stupid word, but having a quad core makes all the difference)

- Have a screwdriver, flashlight, and a drink when building a PC. Take your time, and be prepared to troubleshoot. Anything can go wrong, and it's your job to find the issue. Don't worry though; generally you don't get too unlucky and your parts will work fine. It may just be an improperly plugged cord, or a missing cord, or even forgetting a part (like I did, :P). If you do get unlucky however, do not worry. You can RMA it and get a new one through whatever site you used (newegg is preferred, NCIX is terrible for custom support). Have fun, and make it fun!

Magicalfishy
06-03-2016, 02:23 PM

I can play Overwatch at max settings with 70 FPS. C;

My build cost less than $900.

ix doesnt mean anything in terms of performance, its intels rating of the cpu at that time.
For example the i3-6100 performs better than the i5-6400

Ah, gotchya. :p

Bottom line, go with the new Geforce GTX 1070. It comes out on like June 10th I believe, but it's gonna be totally worth it if you want stunning visuals. : D

craft3d
06-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Bottom line, go with the new Geforce GTX 1070. It comes out on like June 10th I believe, but it's gonna be totally worth it if you want stunning visuals. : D

Well, now there is the RX 480 which has the possibility of playing VR and costing only $199 (USD), according to AMD. I don't know though, benchmarks will have to prove me right or wrong.

However, the RX 480 is not a 1070.