PDA

View Full Version : What will high school be like?

REGISORD
06-04-2016, 05:51 PM
So school ended like a week ago for me, and next year I'm going into high school as a freshman. What will high school be like? :whistling:

Over0Lord
06-04-2016, 05:54 PM
people say it's the worst thing ever so it probably is.

RedNinja3354
06-04-2016, 05:54 PM
So school ended like a week ago for me, and next year I'm going into high school as a freshman. What will high school be like? :whistling:

If you decide to dick around its going to be stressful. Do. Your. Work.

If you dont, welcome to hell.

raqk
06-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Still have exam week left to go.

high school is super boring.

Nomite
06-04-2016, 07:23 PM
I am currently finishing the second year of hight school and i have one advice. When you start the year try studing regulary ( at least once a day ) because sometimes you will have more exams at once so it is better to be prepared. Personaly i have the problem that I don't study everyday so I have more tests and "answer exams" (I am sorry I don't know how to say that in English) in one day. (etc. yesterday i had test from math, English and Croatian and also "answering" from biology and computer science.

And also in hihg school (at least in my high school) you won't get so many homework like in primary school but you will need to work more by yourself (etc. math, physics,chemistry...)

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't really that bad if you keep your studing constant.:) In my school some of my friends usually complain how they don't have good marks but that is just because they aren't trying hard enough.

JOSHIE63
06-04-2016, 07:44 PM
If you decide to dick around its going to be stressful. Do. Your. Work.

If you dont, welcome to hell.

Exactly. I am taking a few AP classes next year, and I thought this year was bad…

No joke: I have no summer. There is chapters I have to outline and complete essays for due next week, and I just finished school Friday.

808tukiboy
06-04-2016, 07:47 PM
not to scare you buddy, but it'll be a lot harder. It was pretty stressful for me.

SageDeoxys
06-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Expect to use up at least 3 hours of stressful work per night, cuz that's most likely what you're gonna get.

Exactly. I am taking a few AP classes next year, and I though this year was bad…

No joke: I have no summer. There is chapters I have to outline and complete essays for due next week, and I just finished school Friday.

What AP classes are ya taking? This year I took Human Geography (let me just say, my teacher's sarcasm levels were way too high), and this year I'll be taking World History and Psychology, which I heard will be twice as hard each. Also, been hearing Sophomore year is the worst of all. Not sure wether to believe that or not, but hey, can't really think too much about that with the Summer assignment I was given; Reading Guns, Germs, and Steel. It's gonna be a fun 450+ pages of history and then answering the load of questions I have. Bloody great. But hey, at least my High School is 11/10 compared to the High Schools other people have been describing to me lately, fun wise.

Magicalfishy
06-04-2016, 07:54 PM
It's going to be full of kids with dirty minds, drug addictions, and emotional problems. Don't get involved with the wrong people. Choose your friends wisely, and whatever you do, DO NOT give in to peer pressure.

SageDeoxys
06-04-2016, 07:58 PM
It's going to be full of kids with dirty minds, drug addictions, and emotional problems. Don't get involved with the wrong people. Choose your friends wisely, and whatever you do, DO NOT give in to peer pressure.

Goodness, I really must be living the life in my High School. I never had to deal with absolutely any of that, and I live in Sin City.

REGISORD
06-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Well... God damn. :whistling:

Tempting
06-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Sounds exactly like how I imagined it. I'm going to highschool next year too, so I just hope a senior doesn't decide to wring my neck.

Megazork
06-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Studies/academics are generally easy if you understand your weaknesses and strengths. Prudence is needed in high-school if you want to have a good time. Being quick+efficient in finishing work, knowing how to budget time between homework, friends, extracurricular stuff, and having a good memory usually works for me.

You can laze around and still get straight A's if you manage everything correctly. Just don't be lax during Junior year because things start heating up.

JOSHIE63
06-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Expect to use up at least 3 hours of stressful work per night, cuz that's most likely what you're gonna get.

What AP classes are ya taking? This year I took Human Geography (let me just say, my teacher's sarcasm levels were way too high), and this year I'll be taking World History and Psychology, which I heard will be twice as hard each. Also, been hearing Sophomore year is the worst of all. Not sure wether to believe that or not, but hey, can't really think too much about that with the Summer assignment I was given; Reading Guns, Germs, and Steel. It's gonna be a fun 450+ pages of history and then answering the load of questions I have. Bloody great. But hey, at least my High School is 11/10 compared to the High Schools other people have been describing to me lately, fun wise.

I am taking APUSH and AP Psychology. I was not offered any AP opportunities my freshman year, or I would be taking them. I am lucky summer reading is a breeze this year.

Regardless, junior year is the worst. You need to apply for colleges on top of the AP classes — such fun!

Knyts
06-04-2016, 09:22 PM

It really isn't.

DemondoomGT
06-04-2016, 09:27 PM
First of all, you need to maintain a daily study schedule. You're going to be required to study a lot and have tests and quizzes frequently. It's good to be ready. Well, the amount of studying really depends, but if you are in the International Baccauleate program like me, you have a lot of studying to do. I mean, I'm only in my first year, but I had to stay up late at night many times already. Even if the first year doesn't really matter, it will starting the next year. So, my message to you is, don't hang out with people if you didn't study and always be prepared!

Liammagoo
06-04-2016, 09:57 PM
1) You will be judged
2) Pick actual friends who aren't morons, you'll find that most people are incredibly stupid.
3) Don't do what I did and sleep in class on the first day.

RedNinja3354
06-04-2016, 10:12 PM
1) You will be judged
2) Pick actual friends who aren't morons, you'll find that most people are incredibly stupid.
3) Don't do what I did and sleep in class on the first day.

I slept in class for 2 semesters. Everyday.

SageDeoxys
06-04-2016, 10:49 PM
I am taking APUSH and AP Psychology. I was not offered any AP opportunities my freshman year, or I would be taking them. I am lucky summer reading is a breeze this year.

Regardless, junior year is the worst. You need to apply for colleges on top of the AP classes — such fun!

Ah, nothing like contradicting thoughts amongst my friends. I love how it helps my self-esteem for the future grow weaker every day.

Eviil
06-04-2016, 10:50 PM
High school will be like losing your virginity.

iFrostSpark
06-04-2016, 10:57 PM

nah, lol

Megazork
06-04-2016, 11:09 PM

So... something you've never experienced?

Liammagoo
06-04-2016, 11:43 PM
Dayum, savage.

Hans
06-05-2016, 02:11 AM
Peer pressure does not really become your primary problem ONLY IF you are actually smart enough to avoid acting "cool" and attracting the wrong kind of attention from people who you would not like to deal with. Just act humble and do not try to create contact with people who have many connections in the school (e.g. Pre-pubescent idiots who know senior highschools)

Usually your worst enemy is the academics and actual competition. But it depends, really. If you went to a high-class school with a lot of competition or just another stereotypical school where there are drugs and hypocritical bandwagon idiots scattered around. I, myself, am actually near to finishing highschool and will be transferring to seinor highschool sooner or later. It is actually funny how most of you elementary graders are scared of highschool. It is not that scary if you know how to keep your grades steady. The simplest strategy to achieve this is advanced studying. If you have free time then it's gg. You are not required to listen to the teacher if you understand it already, but if you have slight problems. Then at least you already have an idea of what the lesson already is. It actually is easy. You do not need to study — just recall. Though if you feel as if the lessons will be futile and will not be able to contribute to your further knowledge. I recommend that you do not invest your time in that particular lesson. You will know what I mean when the time comes or so.

Eviil
06-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Pfffffffffffft.

iFrostSpark
06-05-2016, 04:36 PM
So... something you've never experienced?

my house is on fire

pls

Doomsayer
06-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Probably people tell that high school is hard and boring stuff. It's not. You will be the smallest class in high school when you go there. The lessons are way different. Just make your relationships with teachers good. Also you will not get the same grades like in middle school. You need to study more. Good luck.

ImUrFather
06-05-2016, 04:45 PM

Your Highschool would be great I guess,my 1st year was great Old classmates so its fun but with new great(?) Teachers,Time management is needed,Balance your playing games and studying and it would be good lol.

Hippohello2
06-05-2016, 09:43 PM

So I'll never be in high school?
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
jk lol I plan to lose my virginity on the equinox of 20666 and feed on the blood of my partner.