PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for phone damaged by water?

ElectroDream
06-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Long story short, we were in a river or something, we didn't want to swim so we decided to take pictures. My mom accidentally dropped her phone into the water and it got dragged by the current. We found it, but the phone is sorta damaged... Water inside the monitor and bla bla.

Anyone has solutions to this? Other than bringing it to service? Just wonderin'.

YavuzEren
06-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Long story short, we were in a river or something, we didn't want to swim so we decided to take pictures. My mom accidentally dropped her phone into the water and it got dragged by the current. We found it, but the phone is sorta damaged... Water inside the monitor and bla bla.

Anyone has solutions to this? Other than bringing it to service? Just wonderin'.
I haven't tried but have seen a video about putting it in a rice so it'll get the water just like its getting it while cooking.
(Cover up the charge part , earphone part etc.)

Garvin Lim
06-05-2016, 10:50 AM
just bring it to the service

808tukiboy
06-05-2016, 10:51 AM
I heard to soak it in rice. Some people have tried and it actually worked.

PsychZ
06-05-2016, 10:54 AM
quickly remove the battery and put it in rice. keep it for about 10 min and flip it and let it stay again for about 10 min

ElectroDream
06-05-2016, 11:00 AM
quickly remove the battery and put it in rice. keep it for about 10 min and flip it and let it stay again for about 10 min

IPhone doesn't let you remove the batteries... Rip?

- - - Updated - - -

I heard to soak it in rice. Some people have tried and it actually worked.

My bro told us that it's just a myth, eh. IDK.

- - - Updated - - -

just bring it to the service

If it's the only choice then my mom will do that... + get a new phone. -_-

PsychZ

oh i dont realize it was an iphone kek:sweatdrop: perhaps you have to bring it to the service center

Garvin Lim

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

this is why i hate iphone :sweatdrop:

ElectroDream
06-05-2016, 11:01 AM
oh i dont realize it was an iphone kek:sweatdrop: perhaps you have to bring it to the service center

RIP I guess. I was just trying to find any alternative possible, lol.

Zocke
06-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Google knows everything (Not literally). Ask it

YavuzEren
06-05-2016, 11:02 AM

- - - Updated - - -

there are some examples about it in youtube as i know:sweat drop:
---didnt know it was an iPhone oops-

ElectroDream
06-05-2016, 11:03 AM
this is why i hate iphone :sweatdrop:

I still like iPhones though, although my mom's iPhone turns out to not be waterproof. :crazy:

Any phone would've been just as damaged, it was in the water for like 50 seconds.

RIP iPhone 6s+ 2016-2016

DumbOldDoor
06-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Yeah, the rice thing sounds pretty rustic, but it worked for my father. Took a while though.

Kranken
06-05-2016, 11:22 AM
If the motherboard isn't damaged then it shouldn't be a big problem.

I recommend switching it off as soon as possible. Rice should work, but there's a risk of getting dust or pieces of rice stuck inside of the phone. The better option would be silica gel sachets. You should get enough to cover the iPhone and leave it there for 48h. (the same time as it would take with rice)

http://www.pecpac.co.uk/uploads/media/40/233.jpg

Doomsayer
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
two important things: rice and pray

genpasaporte922
06-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Put the iPhone on a sack of rice.

It worked for me (using an iPad 2).

QuickCrafter
06-05-2016, 02:40 PM
The rice trick actually works. It has to be in there for about a day though.

WhiteLegend
06-05-2016, 03:10 PM
I haven't tried but have seen a video about putting it in a rice so it'll get the water just like its getting it while cooking.
(Cover up the charge part , earphone part etc.)

I was going to say that, I dropped my iPhone in the pool once, I let it sit in rice for a week and it worked so its not a myth

Hippohello2
06-05-2016, 09:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Your brother must've hit that dank before he told you. If you put your phone in rice, it will suck out the water and then it will be fine (depending on the damage) Here are some things you do NOT ever want to even ATTEMPT
-Do not try to blowdry the phone
-don't shake the phone, it starts distributing water everywhere inside of the phone potentially worsening the damage
-DO NOT TURN IT ON. DO NOT TURN IT ON UNLESS YOU ARE 90% SURE IT IS VERY DRY. If it has water and you turn it on, it could fry the entire phone.
-Do not plug it into a charger or you could damage the charger as well.

This is all I can help with. Make sure your mom buys you a survivor or lifeproof case (i favor the survivor cases more than the life proof ones.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgmtNJuqEHI Don't ever say you can't do something until you look it up on our lord and savior, google.

Arcyus
06-06-2016, 07:01 AM
If you want to ask the pro, you can just call the Apple support, they will help you as fast as possible.

PsychZ
06-06-2016, 07:11 AM
I still like iPhones though, although my mom's iPhone turns out to not be waterproof. :crazy:

Any phone would've been just as damaged, it was in the water for like 50 seconds.

RIP iPhone 6s+ 2016-2016

welp not any phone, my father phone was in the water for about 30++ seconds.its still fine.
ik its a old phone but the battery can stand for a week

IceKane
06-06-2016, 07:13 AM

Doesn't your mom have loads of phones? :3

ElectroDream
06-06-2016, 07:15 AM
If you want to ask the pro, you can just call the Apple support, they will help you as fast as possible.

Already have. My mom's trying the rice trick right now and if it doesn't work, off to the service.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't your mom have loads of phones? :3

Sold most. She bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? Wait, is that it? I can't even keep track anymore. She's probably going to stick with that phone.

Bought it last night because "I can't live w/out phone for a day" excuses.

misascool
06-06-2016, 07:21 AM
My phone ever get damaged by water
I blew it with hair dryer, carefully. Not close with the phone, and not stay too long in 1 place.
+ with battery not attach.
I blew it for 20mins, and my phone safe, and live for a long time.. 😅
I think your moms phone dead alr. Cause it soaked in water for a long time..

Developer
06-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Try to put it in the oven on max heat, see what happens. Maybe it will bake the water, idk?

Hope I helped. :rolleyes:

Georgia
06-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Try to put it in the oven on max heat, see what happens. Maybe it will bake the water, idk?

Hope I helped. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a pretty accurate solution.

genpasaporte922
06-06-2016, 08:53 AM
Pour bleach on iPhone, soak in flour and cook in the oven in 420 degrees Celsius for 24 hours.

Developer
06-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Pour bleach on iPhone, soak in flour and cook in the oven in 420 degrees Celsius for 24 hours.

Forgot the cherry on top with a hint of honey.

TrishaxKris
06-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Yeah, the rice thing sounds pretty rustic, but it worked for my father. Took a while though.

I thought the rice thing was a joke or an act of racism towards chinese.

Probation_gt
06-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Waterproof case

Eric Saad
06-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Separe the phone and the battry and put them in rice ,rice'll absorbe the humidity even if you think there's no more water,there's still and it can be hidden in small parts,sokeep it in rice for like 2 hours,then remove it,charge it compleatly before using it,but if water already damaged the phone parts o rip..

P.S: Dont try to put it on before the battery is COMPLEATLY charged.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the rice thing was a joke or an act of racism towards chinese.

The rice absorbe the humidity.