PDA

View Full Version : Let me rant about what I can't change

|ThyLuigi|
06-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Today I was invited over to one of my friend's houses to do whatever, and naturally I asked my Mom if I could. I figured I'd be allowed to — for the last two weeks since I got out of school she's been saying I should hang out with my friends. Now, the friend who invited me happens to have a different set of sexual organs and my Mom's answer was something like this, "No, it's inappropriate". While this isn't exactly the worst thing she could've said, it pissed me off nevertheless. Everyday about one out of ten things she says to me is "Have any of your friends called?".

This is utterly infuriating, considered she is a friend, not a serial killer or a child molester, and my Mom has been nagging me about talking to friends. What she's saying is equivalent to saying "Why don't you go do something? No, you can't do something over there!". Perhaps I'm over reacting (actually, I'm fairly sure I am), but she has also said I can't do football either which has shortened my list of things to do this summer to doing chores and sitting at home.

[/RANT]

Liammagoo
06-06-2016, 09:14 PM
This is the point where you become a rebel.

Also by yer mom's logic it's inappropriate to hang around her .-.

|ThyLuigi|
06-06-2016, 09:24 PM
This is the point where you become a rebel.

Also by yer mom's logic it's inappropriate to hang around her .-.
Honestly rebellion isn't my style, but I have no idea why my mom thinks that just because she's a girl it's inappropriate.

Doomsayer
06-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Today I was invited over to one of my friend's houses to do whatever, and naturally I asked my Mom if I could. I figured I'd be allowed to — for the last two weeks since I got out of school she's been saying I should hang out with my friends. Now, the friend who invited me happens to have a different set of sexual organs and my Mom's answer was something like this, "No, it's inappropriate". While this isn't exactly the worst thing she could've said, it pissed me off nevertheless. Everyday about one out of ten things she says to me is "Have any of your friends called?".

This is utterly infuriating, considered she is a friend, not a serial killer or a child molester, and my Mom has been nagging me about talking to friends. What she's saying is equivalent to saying "Why don't you go do something? No, you can't do something over there!". Perhaps I'm over reacting (actually, I'm fairly sure I am), but she has also said I can't do football either which has shortened my list of things to do this summer to doing chores and sitting at home.

[/RANT]

So your mom doesnt want you to hang out with females?

|ThyLuigi|
06-06-2016, 09:40 PM
So your mom doesnt want you to hang out with females?
Suppose so, just complete irrationality.

craft3d
06-06-2016, 11:29 PM
That's honestly really arrogant. I feel bad for you, because our societal standards suggest that "oh, if you're hanging out with opposite sex you're dating them".

iCro
06-06-2016, 11:33 PM
You can't play football?

THEY TOOK IT TOO FAR.

|ThyLuigi|
06-07-2016, 01:37 AM
That's honestly really arrogant. I feel bad for you, because our societal standards suggest that "oh, if you're hanging out with opposite sex you're dating them".
Yeah. Speaking of that, literally every girl and I that I know pretty well have been asked 'Are you guys dating'.

ElectroDream
06-07-2016, 01:49 AM
I guess we're on the same boat, my mom is just like yours. "You're going to a boy's house?! Are you dating or something?"

Just hang out something else then, like the mall. And use the word "friendS" instead of "friend" because she'll be asking questions. Worked out for me. :whistling:

|ThyLuigi|
06-07-2016, 01:51 AM
I guess we're on the same boat, my mom is just like yours. "You're going to a boy's house?! Are you dating or something?"

Just hang out something else then, like the mall. And use the word "friendS" instead of "friend" because she'll be asking questions. Worked out for me. :whistling:
I'll see about if I can do that, maybe she won't call it inappropriate if I'm not in a house.